Bluesarah v Barclays

Bluesarah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've started my claim with Barclays for one of my bank accounts (I'm waiting for them to serve a Defence) but I have another account with them that charges have been added to in the last month or so (after I issued my claim).

Is it possible to add the charges from my second account to my original claim or will I have to treat both accounts separately and do the whole thing again for the new charges???

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Depends what stage you're at. now you've filed, you'd have to go to the court to alter your claim, which will cost you money. (£35, I think, and you can't get it back!)

I have a claim on 2 accounts, but both accounts were combined from day 1.

you're probably best to treat the second account as a new claim.

Or, If you're account has been well-run, you may be able to persuade them to cancel the charges anyway....

;)

Thanks, I've already sent a letter about the charges from April, I'll just have to add May's charges when I get to the next stage.

Since the second account has been opened (about a year ago) I've never had charges on it until now - I called Barclays to ask them to refund the charges and they refused. I told them I would be reclaiming them in any event.

Thanks for your response.

Could you not, when Barclays phone to settle your claim, you say since I started this claim I have recieved further charges amounting to .... is it possible instead of going through all this again you just to refund it now. (I know its for another account, but could you just not tell them that and see what they do!) If they do notice its for a different account, just act blonde and say Ooooh I didn't realise that, how silly of me, oh well, I'll start a new claim for that!!!

I'm probably wrong in suggesting this, but thought it worth a shot:D

Tori:)

Good idea. I might just say that's is a different account number from the start (rather than them thinking that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing). If they refuse to add the charges to my current claim I'll definitely let them know that I intend to pursue it fully - and I'll also point out that its extra money they'll be losing (the court fee and 8% interest)!

Thanks Tori:)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've received my Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track but my order says that a date is to be fixed which I assume will be set once the court have received my bundle??

Attached to my order is a note that says I must (within 14 days) send the following to the court and to barclays:

(a) schedule of costs showing date, amount and reason - already produced

(b) copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made - is this bank statements if I have them?? If not what is this?

© statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise - can anyone help with this or let me know where to find it?

(d) copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon - ???

Is there a list of things that I need to include in my court bundle (I'm assuming this is what I am producing) and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction for this??

Thanks.

Yes send your SOC again and copies of your highlighted statements

Basic Court Bundle - Consumer Action Group

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Don't forget you need 3 of everything, 1 for you, 1 for barclays and 1 for the court :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Hi, I have yet another question!

One more quick question:

I've been reading through "GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages in the FAQ and there is a section "Special Directions" that quotes the wording as the same as in my Notice of Allocation.

Here is the wording:

"The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

(a) schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

(b) copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

© statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

(d) copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon. "

Am I right in thinking that this is my court bundle and getting it together and sending that if off now??? Or is this anonther bundle then I have to do a court bundle once I have a hearing date??????

I am beginning to get a little confused!!!!

ps - thank's TOB, I'm going to get one copy together then paginate and photocopy.

Hi,

I've found an additional charge on my statements (I'm going through them to add to my court bundle). I just wanted to check that I'm right in thinking it's ok to add it to my schedule of costs???

The charge was before I filed my claim.

Thanks oneofakind.

Oh well, it would've been nice to add it but it's £25 I wasn't expected so I don't feel like I've lost much.

I'm in the midst of getting my court bundle together, it's a little confusing but I think I'm finally getting there.

I'm following the list of things to add and it states Terms & Conditions - is it essential that I add these to my bundle as I can't seem to find any for December 2000/January 2001 - well, there is a set in the T&C's wanted thread but I can't open it!!?????