help needed with a parking ticket- have a parking permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husbvand received a parking ticket for not deisplaying his parking permit correctly -

i phoned and they said they have a photo showing that the expiry date wasnt showing as it had gone slightly under the black bit in the window frame

i want to dispute this as we do have a valid parking permit which his company pays for and they pay for 15 other spaces all the spaces have the name of the company and are allocated parking

the parking attendant also has a list of the car registration numbers that are allowed ot park there

is there a standard letter you can advise me to write

or do you think it is a hopeless case because a couple of digits of the expiry date wasnt showing in the photo - they also hit 3 other colleagues of my husband that day with parking tickets as well -

ps can i thank this forum as i managed to get a parking violation squashed from that really dodgy private firm that hits everyone at the bp garage - so huge thanks for that :)

i have just found they have an online site where you can see the pictures they take of the car and the permit that was in it - now although it doesnt show the epiry date - the photo is out of focus and dark i am sure if he had bent over to take a proper look he could haveseen the expiry date

is there any chance how does this work?

I think that we need you to scan the PCN, delete the person details and post it here. If you don't have a scanner, type it out - word for word - here

I was not aware that Council's could enforce (or designate) specific parking places for commercial companies in this way. How are the parking places signed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have received a parking ticket this morning for parking outside my own home in residents only area for which I have a permit. Problem is that due to a leak in my window the inside of the window must have got wet and my permit holder thingy fell onto the floor overnight.

surely the traffic warden does checks on the registration number which would have shown that I am registered as a permit holder.....

Do I ave grounds to appeal do you think? Theres no way I wanna pay £30 to park outside my own house!!!

you could try what i try - appeal it and send them a photo copy of the permit - once the wind blew through the vents and blew the permit on the floor- i photocopied it and got it cancelled - they also sent a permit holder ofr the windscrren which i thought was hilarious

Hi Jadsia,

Copy, paste and modify the following letter. Ot worked for me and I've got my monet back. You need to provide original if you have or photcopies of the valid permits.

/*

PCN Processing Office

London Borough of Camden

PO Box 20217

London

NW1 9GH

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Penalty Charge Notice & Clamp/Removal Fee

I have been issued the above Penalty Charge on Thursday, 23 June at 11:07 while my wife’s car, registration , was parked on and I am appealing against it for the reasons I’ve outlined below.

• I had a valid Resident’s Parking Permit for the vehicle ,expiry date 22 June 2006
  • The permit was renewed at Hampstead office on 26 May 2005 that can be verified by your office and was paid for by Visa.

I trust you take the evidence into consideration and refund the parking/clamping fees I have incurred as a result.

Yours faithfully

*/

All th ebest

Halime

• 11 months later...

Need help, I received a Notice to owner for not correctly displaying a visitors permit. The turth is i did corectly display a valid permit and there was never a ticket on the car when i left my friends house. But some weeks later i have received the notice. From the photographice evidence they sent it seems the bottom part of the arrival time has slid under the black tint on the windscreen and it shows a ticket packet on the top of the window which must have blown off as it was not supported by the wipper as it normally is.

I have tried to explain to them that unbeknoen to me as i shut the door of the car wind must have caused the permit to have moved. I am now going for an appeal to justify an act of God! Normally i keep the permit for a week or two before i discard them. However on this occastion as i had a valid permit and there was no ticket on my car i discarded the permit and cannot prove wether it was a 3 hour or 30min permit.

Can anyone help?