1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops sorry I get the 'BIF' bit now and I wasn't trying to be funny. Its just that thereare so many terms floating about that I dont know about I thought that a BIF was something else. BIF = bank infiltration federation or borrowers in fear etc.. lol - Just getting a bit lost with it all. Sorry.

Maybe thickos like me could do with a quick glossary of all the CCA FOG or whatever initials are being used so that we can keep up to speed?

What's the definition of a "properly executed CCA" anyway? How will I know the differance between one and a dodgy one?

If they DO produce one will they then just ignore the CAB Fanancial Statement some more and send me to court? If so what would be the point ? Surely they are not that stupid are they?

All very abstract still to me!

:?

Edited by questioner

- what was the moderation for, mods? BB didn't say anything?:confused::confused:

I didnt think you could be cagbotted for mentioning names that are in the public domain and widely publicised on DCA websites and Trad Magazines. It would of course be wrong to look up publically available documents and websites and print home addresses or car numbers. Still I can understand the reason for the apparent shyness of DCA bosses and their not wanting their pictures posted on the web. After all Dick Turpin covered his with a mask

The DCAs are quite content to send out letters stating that ''From publically available records we have traced you and are satisfied that you are the debtor''

The same publically avaiable records can also be legally used by members of the public to find a stack of interesting facts about persons or companies that they may be interseted in. Its all in the public domain if you know where to look.

So guys I can expect either 1st cred to …

1) Send me a properly executed CCA then get nasty again with threats for final payment?

2) ????

I thought a letter may have arrived today in answer to my questions about them addressing all the points I have raised but it didn’t.

They have NOT sent back the quid I gave them or acknowledged it even

They have not acknowledged my CAB – approved Financial Statement.

They have not in fact acknowledged anything.

They just bypass my words like an aggressive school teacher and keep on about settling up in full with is immpossible for me to do. . The debt BTW is not massive and less than a thousand quid in fact so I really wonder if it's worth all the hassle to these PERSISTANT jerks in the end. I rent my house and they wont get much for the children if they try and sell them to medical science coz they bite at times.

They are deaf and blind to anything but their own one-sided agenda.

Yes – I think they are a very silly firm and will terminate like fats moths in a candle via their own sick efforts due to their own well-proven lack of common sense.

Threats and abuse only have a certain self life and every bully meets his/her match as these foolish types surely will too. They must be exposed for what they really are ASAP!

If I ever get mega rich I shall devote a huge wad to fighting to expose this disgusting outfit .

Edited by questioner

So guys I can expect either 1st cred to …

1) Send me a properly executed CCA then get nasty again with threats for final payment? Wait and see IF they can come up with a PROPERLY EXECUTED CCA agreement which contains ALL the prescribed terms and is legally enforcable through the courts. Without it they can do diddly squat

2) ????

I thought a letter may have arrived today in answer to my questions about them addressing all the points I have raised but it didn’t.

They have NOT sent back the quid I gave them or acknowledged it even Thats not your problem. You have made a formal LEGAL request which they are obliged to comply with

They have not acknowledged my CAB – approved Financial Statement.Quelle surprise

They have not in fact acknowledged anything. Par for the course

They just bypass my words like an aggressive school teacher and keep on about settling up in full with is immpossible for me to do. . The debt BTW is not massive and less than a thousand quid in fact so I really wonder if it's worth all the hassle to these PERSISTANT jerks in the end. Most definately. Do not give in to bullying or empty threats no matter how persistant. The law is there to protect you. Do not be afraid to use it. I rent my house and they wont get much for the children if they try and sell them to medical science coz they bite at times.

They are deaf and blind to anything but their own one-sided agenda. Allegedly so

Yes – I think they are a very silly firm and will terminate like fats moths in a candle via their own sick efforts due to their own well-proven lack of common sense. Allegedly so.

Threats and abuse only have a certain self life and every bully meets his/her match as these foolish types surely will too. They must be exposed for what they really are ASAP! They have apparently met their match on many occasions

If I ever get mega rich I shall devote a huge wad to fighting to expose this disgusting outfit . You and hundreds of others no doubt

Do not allow youself to be bullied, harrassed or annoyed by these people. Complain to TS, the OFT and your MP. Record any calls they make, keep copies of all correspondence. Make a formal complaint to them. If they fail to acknowledge the complaint or do not give you a satisfactory final response within 8 weeks then you should report them to the FOS who will charge them £ 400 for the priveliege of investigating your complaint.

Remember the DCAs monitor these forums so DO NOT post anything which could identify you and be careful of who you get PMs from.

"Wait and see IF they can come up with a PROPERLY EXECUTED CCA agreement which contains ALL the prescribed terms and is legally enforcable through the courts. Without it they can do diddly squat"

I can't see why they could not come up with such a doc. What possible reason would there be for them not being able to gain such an item?

There again though, even if they do get one I cannot give them money I do not have, hence the CAB-approved F.S. which shows this so clearly.

I shall never give in to such bullying but I can see how it would work on many poor vulnerable people.

Earlier I asked about settlement figures. I am in no position to do so now but I wonder if anyone has hear of the following.

I heard that if one say has a good percentage of creditors who will accept a lowish settlement figure and one or two are being awkward and not accepting then the few dissenters have to agree if the majority are happy to accept an offer.

I think I heard that off CAB but am not ceratin . Maybe it only applies to folks who are only able to give token payments like me??

Is it true???

Edited by questioner

OC = original creditor. A lot of them don't keep thier paperwork ;)

Ah right yeah I see.

That is really stupid of them isn't it. Why the blazes bother to be in such businesses if they cannot do that.

So without it they are like a fly without wings?

Still - if they 'CAN' hit me with a genuine CCA they will THEN possibly waste their own money taking me to court for cash I DONT HAVE. How much would that cost them?

In light of this enlightening news perhaps I should be asked ALL my creditors for a CCA instead of just carrying on as before with token payments? Still, I dont want to upset any too much who may then go into the 1st crud bullying mode.

I am getting rather interested in this CCA situation and would like to discover more about my legal rights under it. I have had a swift glance on the net but where can I find the right info please?

Edited by questioner

Thanks Trevor

I wonder why they are so pushy when other creditors seem more resonable and able to listen to what people have to say?

No one likes being in debt but life changes and sometimes it just happens as it can to anyone.

What goes around comes around and the ones who seem to enjoy making life so bad for others herein will get back the same one day.

No one is secure these days.

DCA call centre operatives operat on a bonus scheme in which they get a percentage of the debt as a monthly bonus especially if they can sign you up to a direct debit.

They dont make any bonus if you wont pay hence their pushiness and nasty threats.

In essence they are driven by SHEER GREED