UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hospital land is normally private land owned by the local NHS Trust. The local council will not touch it. Unless the council have take over responsibility for the roads and and car parks, and therefore the maintenance they have no jurisdiction. The same is true of a lot of retail and business parks.

If the Council have taken over the Car Parks and the roads around a hospital and ticket would mention the Traffic Management Act 2004 or The Road Traffic Act 1984. Enforcement would be carried out by council employed CEO's. There would also be public documents such as off-street parking orders and traffic regulation orders required in order to enforce any restrictions.

wasnt sure if the council owned nhs property so thanks for telling me. our local hospital as a barrier system. you go in take a ticket then you have to pay before the barrier rises on way out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

I've been reading up on the other posts but would just like some reassurance if thats OK...

A few weeks ago SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) parked in a disabled bay at a Tesco store where UKPC patrol.

It was about 7 in the evening, all 10 bays were free.

Of course, UKPC left a notice on the car to say the Registered Keeper had to pay a fine.

I was a little peeved as common sense would indicate that there are still plenty of spaces for disabled drivers and they would never, ever, all be filled at that time of day - not in a million years - and therefore SWIM felt £50 was unreasonable.

I looked up on here and from other cases, SWIM decided to fight it.

The car is actually registered to my partner and SWIM is just a named driver so based on the fact it should be SWIM paying the fee, not their partner, SWIM decided to hold them to that and ask them to identify the driver so that the fine could be payed.

Obviously, they ignored this and sent a few more letters to the RK.

It has now been handed to their Debt Recovery Plus dept and I have advised it's in dispute and asked to be haned back - which the begrudgingly did.

So, now I'm just waiting for loads more demands to be sent threatening court etc but SWIM thinks they are safe to just ignore until it goes away.

What do you think?

Hi Guys,

I've been reading up on the other posts but would just like some reassurance if thats OK...

A few weeks ago SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) parked in a disabled bay at a Tesco store where UKPC patrol.

It was about 7 in the evening, all 10 bays were free.

Of course, UKPC left a notice on the car to say the Registered Keeper had to pay a fine.

I was a little peeved as common sense would indicate that there are still plenty of spaces for disabled drivers and they would never, ever, all be filled at that time of day - not in a million years - and therefore SWIM felt £50 was unreasonable.

I looked up on here and from other cases, SWIM decided to fight it.

The car is actually registered to my partner and SWIM is just a named driver so based on the fact it should be SWIM paying the fee, not their partner, SWIM decided to hold them to that and ask them to identify the driver so that the fine could be payed.

Obviously, they ignored this and sent a few more letters to the RK.

It has now been handed to their Debt Recovery Plus dept and I have advised it's in dispute and asked to be haned back - which the begrudgingly did.

So, now I'm just waiting for loads more demands to be sent threatening court etc but SWIM thinks they are safe to just ignore until it goes away.

What do you think?

They didn't respond because they have no system of responding other than to send you the next letter in line. My betting is that if you sent them a genuine letter telling them they had won some lottery or other, you would get a debt collectors letter in return.

There is no personal interaction and no appeal, just lies telling you there is.

Just ignore.

They just won't do anything. The chances of court are miniscule, and the chances of them winning there are even smaller.

Also bear in mind that these companies won't touch a disabled bay case. They don't know who you are and taking a genuine disabled person to court would make them look terrible in the papers.

Only court cases we've seen are no parking without a permit incidents.

Great System. You just take a fresh ticket at your time of departure, and pay for that on your way out. (Works well when you only have to push a putton to get it).

hi buzby, thanx for reply, thats ok but the system at our hospital dont allow you jo push buttons, the barrier opens up detecteing a car. the tixket as to be paid well befor you get out of hospital with a walk then to car. ive tried wot you said previously.

thanx again

Help please. Not sure if I qualify for help as this parking ticket was my fault.

I parked next to my church for my son to attend his mass for his first holy communion. I haven't been to the church for some time and so parked in the small car park that belongs to the local council at 9.00 am on Sunday morning. I did see the ticket machine but assumed as it was for the council offices in MAidstone that it wouldn't be in use on a Sunday. The church car park is small and was packed as it was holy communion mass for the little ones.

The ticket was left on my car at 9.06 am on Sunday morning. There is no contact number, address or anything else and it just says that they will contact the DVLA for my details.

Can I fight this? If so how, or should I just pay. I would like to point out that there were many cars parked dangerously on yellow lines but they were left ticket free.

Help.

Update...

I have had 2 letters from UKPC and 2 from some DCA. the last letter was on the 26th august saying i have 7 days to pay in full it's now the 27th september.

no more letters for a month result.

As for the poster trifleconfused above if it's from UKPC and not the council or the police just ignore them and there threats to take you to court.

Edited by Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

trifleconfused But it's upto you if you do or don't want to pay, it a [problem] to rip the poor people off.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

on the bottom left hand side of my profile:p

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Help please. Not sure if I qualify for help as this parking ticket was my fault.

Council parking is not the same as UKPC issued tickets - whether you broke any rules depends on the signage displayed at the car park you used, and the notice on the machine itself - which would have indicated whether there was 7-day enforced parking at the location.

If there was - then it would be a slam-dunk, and the fine fully enforceable. If you can, go back and check out the small print. You will have an opportunity to make a 'representation' to the council when they write to you, or you can do this now to the address given on the ticket, which m ay allow you to still pay the discounted fee (if one is offered). If the Sunday enforcement is just recent, then you might be lucky and they will waive it, but other than that, the money will be due and you'll have to stunp up if everything else is in order.

hiya i really need some help please

I followed the information on here when i got a ticket from UKPC, for my car when i wast even driving it, my other half park it just over the white line at tescos cradley heath, west mids as the other car next to her was parked funny.

any way a long story short i have sent them letters saying i wast driving ect. ect and now they have passed it on to Dedt Recovery Plus Ltd, who say they are going to issue a CCJ unless i pay the £70.00 in 7 days reduing it from £175 -

70.00 current amount o/s

50.00 solicitor fees

30.00 court fees

25.00 solicitor fees for get judgment.

what do I do................

cheer

del, any info please email me [email protected]

o yes forgot to mention i did write off to Debt Rocovery and state that i was't the drive and that it is still in dispute have it done right and what else can i do.

cheers

del

Edited by caspa2006

Guest overmydeadbody

Never take what these companies tell you at face value. Their only option is to pursue this in court if they wish to claim the money. That requires them to prove you were driving. Do not worry at all.

Be professional and just in your dealings with these companies, any contact with them should be via recorded mail. I am not going to guarantee they will take you to court however if they do they must prove that you are the driver. Take a look at this very useful article: FAQs - Private Parking Companies/Charges (everything you need to know)

Do not give in! You quite literally have done nothing wrong. You are not the rightful receiver of this alleged breach of a contract.

hiya mate are you sure as i spoke to the CAB just, and they said

that its up to me to pay the fine as the RK

Hi I am no expert but as far as I am aware they are talking a load of crap.

The RK is only required to pay a fine for a police or council parking ticket. This is not a parking ticket it is an invoice for a supposed contract with the vehicle driver not RK, I could stick up a sign saying that anyone parking on my front garden has to pay me a parking charge of £250000. How much chance do you think I would have of getting a court to make you pay that even if I did have the balls to take you to court.

dpick

hiya i really need some help please

I followed the information on here when i got a ticket from UKPC, for my car when i wast even driving it, my other half park it just over the white line at tescos cradley heath, west mids as the other car next to her was parked funny.

any way a long story short i have sent them letters saying i wast driving ect. ect and now they have passed it on to Dedt Recovery Plus Ltd, who say they are going to issue a CCJ unless i pay the £70.00 in 7 days reduing it from £175 -

70.00 current amount o/s

50.00 solicitor fees

30.00 court fees

25.00 solicitor fees for get judgment.

what do I do................

cheer

del, any info please email me [email protected]

With contract you can only claim back your losses, it he is demanding £175, then that has to be his losses, so how can they reduce it to £70 if they have made a loss of £175.

If it is a free carpark then they have lost nothing so there is nothing to claim.

Do exactly as others are telling you on here.

anyone parking on my front garden has to pay me a parking charge of £250000. How much chance do you think I would have of getting a court to make you pay that

Perhaps you should cut it down to just £25,000 :)

Just make sure the signage is correct.

Caspa2006 - you say you have followed the advice on this forum, yet you still manage to get everything wring. You gave them hope by providing half-assed protestations of innocence. They now have your address confirmed, and to them appear to carry a banner with 'mug me' on it.

CAB are as useful as a chocolate teapot - as you have found, and the problem you now have to deal with is because of your earlier 'co- operation' you will suffer from at least 30% more effort to get you to pay up.

Incidentally, your firm cannot 'Issue a CCJ' it is not within their gift. They have to ask a court to do this, AND only after you have been to court, lost and not paid the debt within 3 weeks of judjement.

hiya mate are you sure as i spoke to the CAB just, and they said

that its up to me to pay the fine as the RK

CAB are confusing this invoice with a ticket issued by a lawful authority.

Just ignore and STOP contacting them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Isn't it interesting how this topic never seems to go away?

Clearly some folk must be paying up otherwise this practice would have died out by now.

I remember when our local Tesco first opened its shiny new car park. There were entry and exit barriers to control parking. To get out you had to show a receipt obtained today in the store or face a £20 fee. It worked really well and there were always plenty of spaces.

Of course buying a newspaper for in store 30p was the cheapest solution but the deterrent value was certainly there.

Now the barriers are gone and responsibility is with a bunch of cowboys who do nothing to enhance the shopping experience, but certainly give us plenty of material to discuss.

I wonder how much Tesco saved by removing the barriers and redeploying their staff? or how much they get from the parking company?

Clearly some folk must be paying up otherwise this practice would have died out by now.

Sadly Ricky, there are mugs who will always pay.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks