UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would assume that Visitors have a limit to their parking - so not to fall foul of their 'regulations' is to park in the correct designates spaces.

That said - it doesn;t really matter, it is private property and they'll send you begging letters demanding patment, which you will ignore. There's no point 'appealing' as it is these invoices that pay for their staff.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest overmydeadbody

To do with UKPC and debt recovery, however slightly off-topic:

I have been fighting a UKPC invoice for the last few months however it has got to the stage where the invoice has been handed to Debt Recovery Plus ltd. I am however 17 years of age.

Are there any certain laws governing the demand of debt from anybody under the age of 18? - is it allowed?

Thanks

First, in Scotland a debt is legal if you are 16 or over. As for your case, they break no law in attempting to enforce recovery. They'd simply be wasting their time/money, as if it came to court you would then play the 'age' card. However, I'd not disclose this information voluntarily under any circumstances.

No - that the supposed 'debt' is unenforceable. You take things in the order of relevance, they send an Invoice, and attempt to provie it is a valid claim, which you dispute. If the court disagrees, you then explain that you at no time entered into any contract with the company as you did not see any signs, or you had not agreed to the charges they imposed without your prior agreement. Only if all that fails, you pull a rappit out of the hat (trick).

Of course, the chances of you actually being taken to court are negligible - as it costs them more money that it is worth, and they ALSO MIGHT LOSE.

Guest overmydeadbody

Debt Recovery Plus Ltd have called (the conversation recorded of course) who state that "because I have a drivers licence I am entitled to pay" An interesting correlation made between the two.

Despite giving me 10 days initially to pay the fine they have now stated (after day 1) that the matter will be passed to a solicitor.

If this does go to court I have an extremely tight case, in the opinion of a solicitor and police officer "a watertight case". Could anyone advise me as to whether I am entitled to Legal aid to defend my case? I am 17 in full time education?

Guest overmydeadbody

Absolute Result, Debt collection agency have called back a second time, the lady began by apologising for the conduct of her college. She then stated that upon proof of my age, the matter would be dropped. I stated that I do not give permission for the debt collection agency to have a copy of sensitive information such as a birth certificate and therefore could not do that. We came to the agreement that I would visit my local police station and they could fax an opinion to state that I am 17.

Both conversations were recorded and have been backed up just incase! - Never take it at face value!

Absolute Result!!

Guest overmydeadbody

PS: A letter of apology from the debt collection agency will be sent to myself once I have provided proof of my age.

Final step: contact UKPC demanding an apology to the relentless pursuit of a debt not owed

Incidently, I was in NHS car park today and the meter wasnt working but there was one on the other car park so I walked to that one and got a ticket, who enforces them? Didn`t see any signs suggesting who?

What if I got a ticket in there cos I had been bothered to walk to the adjacent car park cos I happened to know there was a meter there???

I would have bothered but it was mums car!!!

Incidently, I was in NHS car park today and the meter wasnt working but there was one on the other car park so I walked to that one and got a ticket, who enforces them? Didn`t see any signs suggesting who?

What if I got a ticket in there cos I had been bothered to walk to the adjacent car park cos I happened to know there was a meter there???

Same situation - private car park, administered by a PPC. Usual rules apply.

would it not be the local council who would issue a ticket if on nhs car park, if this is so then surely the law is different than from private parking control companys

When parking was charged in Scotland (it is now free, except for 3 multi-story CPs) the Council had no say - as the NHS and NHS Trusts that rere responsible and are not part of local government. It was a PPC that pursued private parkers thatr didn't display.

Do they have to display who is in conrol?

There no signs about fines though...... Q.Vic East Grinstead.

Absolutely. There have to be Rules which they attempt to force you to accepting, and they must spell out in signage the costs if you choose not to. They have no possibility of invoicing a parker if there are no terms displayed.

would it not be the local council who would issue a ticket if on nhs car park, if this is so then surely the law is different than from private parking control companys

Hospital land is normally private land owned by the local NHS Trust. The local council will not touch it. Unless the council have take over responsibility for the roads and and car parks, and therefore the maintenance they have no jurisdiction. The same is true of a lot of retail and business parks.

If the Council have taken over the Car Parks and the roads around a hospital and ticket would mention the Traffic Management Act 2004 or The Road Traffic Act 1984. Enforcement would be carried out by council employed CEO's. There would also be public documents such as off-street parking orders and traffic regulation orders required in order to enforce any restrictions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks