• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Claim against lloyds with lloyds loan still active

macca1301
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all have checked my bank statements going back four years and have been charged over four grand. Would like to claim it back but concerned as I have still got a loan with them and don't want them to cancel my loan and give me a default. any advice gratefully appreciated

Hi and Welcome!:)

As far as I know a loan is a seperate agreement to your bank account, so they are not allowed to call your loan in.

Go for it, it's your money!;)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 3 months later...

Hi Folks....LLoyds TSB are totally **** They have messed up everything I have asked them to do. Messed up mortgage...took loan out twice...send threatening letters which imo border on harrassment..... I have frozen overdraft with them at - 690.00 and use a different bank now and had no problems. but i want my charges to pay what i owe them. Just took it to court so will see how we go...........keep me posted.

L

Hi all have checked my bank statements going back four years and have been charged over four grand. Would like to claim it back but concerned as I have still got a loan with them and don't want them to cancel my loan and give me a default. any advice gratefully appreciated

If you are still making regular loan repayments and are not in arrears then this can in no way be an issue.

I'm getting a bit worried about the same thing. Slightly different as I had to go on a payment plan for a while due to suddenly being on a very low income. At the time I was given the impression that this just meant my agreement would continue for longer. However, a while ago I went back to paying the full original payment amount, but now find they're saying that the account is in arrears due to the lowered repayments for a while.

The arrears are basically what they owe me in charges. I'd already intended to use half the money to pay some off my credit card (though will prob use it for the loan no) but the thing is, I really can't afford to lose all that money (and it will be lost to all intents and purposes).

Hmmm

No i am in the same position as yourself have been on a reduced payment plan have been told that they will refinance the arears but have to make full payments for six months like yourself the amount I am owed in charges is pretty much how much i owe in arrears now but obviously cant afford the bank to call in my loan.

Absolutely. Though, tbh, it doesn't concern me quite so much that they might call in the loan altogether because, as I understand it, you can argue that this was in retaliation to your claim, and therefore unreasonable and not allowed (I think? Any opinions...?). I would be very upset though if they paid my money then straight away snapped it up for the loan, saying "thanks very much, all up-to-date now, just keep making monthly payments...blah blah blah." Even if they did that and I was able to fight to get it back, I can see it being yet another long, drawn out process.

I think I'm going to say I want payment by cheque, so I can pay it into my other a/c, then I decide how much they see of it.

How long were you on a payment plan for, if you don't mind me asking? It's just that they haven't said anything to me about re-financing the loan.

WM x

this looks like the thread i need advice from.

i had loan account and current account with lloyds. they defaulted both due to changes in circumstances;they added the two debts together making one repayment; however the current account debt was all charges and interest levied against charges, they have just paid back after my claim. however obviously with them adding this onto the loan some years agao, this has increased my loan and repayment time, as well as no doubt gaining more interest. is their a way forward ???

Hi, I'm in a similar situation, I'm considering claiming back the charges for my Lloyd's current account, but I also have a loan with them.

I was concerned that the loan had a requirement the repayments came from a Lloyd's account. I can't find a copy of the original agreement to check the terms, but I seem to remember seeing on the website somewhere, that this is the case? Has anyone heard of this before? Did I misread it, or are they being economical with the facts?

I understand that if it's a separate agreement, it cannot be closed unless it's in default, which it's not and never has been. However, if the requirement above is correct and they closed my current account in retaliation (which they can't?), then that would give them grounds to close the loan?

I have a "Platinum Plus" Account and a "LTSB Personal Loan".

Andy.

hi. im in same situation as you guys. i hvae a refinancing loan with lltsb, plus a current account. i have opened a new account elsewhere, which my wages go into each month, but put money into my LLoyds account to cover the loan each month. im am in the process at the moment of draffting up the second letter, requesting my charges be paid back to me (the prelim letter).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Hi, im in same situation as you guys. I also have a refinancing loan with ltsb, plus a current account.

I sent my first letter requesting copy bank statements on 7th March, I then received these on 3rd April. I then sent my second letter requesting they pay back charges of £684. On 19th April I received a ltsb standard letter saying I had no chance. I then wrote a third letter on 25th April again requesting they pay back the charges, but no responce. So, I wrote a fourth letter on 24th May stating they have 14 days to respond or i'll proceed through the courts.

To date I have not received a reply to either of my last two letters. I have tried calling the number stated at the ltsb recovery centre only to get a recorded message.

What shall I do next??? Please help!!

my partner is in same position case is to be heard on the 28th june at leeds mercatile court havent heard naything from lloyds reguarding claim yet ! proceed as normal my friend

• 1 month later...

hi

i am in the same situation, have sent all the letters to lloyds and heard nothing, and am in the process of making a court claim, but i have a loan with them and have been on a reduced payment plan and have to pay the full amount back for 6 months so i can get my account back, but this has left me in arrears with my loan so was worried if i claimed they would take the money straight off me

I sent the final letter off to LLoyds end of May (not got a court date) and they have just paid a standard amount into my current account, I also was on a payment plan with my credit card and loan. They have not taken the money out of my account to clear any funds but I would not keep it in there, as when the statement date comes around they could take it all.

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me putting a wee word in here. I also had a loan with lloyds and the payment came out of my account. When I started to claim my charges back last August I refused to pay my loan because the payment came out of my account and I was £170 overdrawn (made up of charges) as my loan payment was for £140. every penny I would have paid in would have went to the charges. I refused to pay the loan, and lloyds would not take the payment any other way.

By the time that I had won at court for my charges my original overdraft was up to £604. because they continued to go into my account twice a month for payments, which I refused to pay.

When I finally got my money which was over £2,500 they paid the money into my account that was overdrawn and therefore they got their charges back.

Because my loan was by this time about 4 months overdue, when I went to the bank on the Friday afternoon the bank did not want to pay me but unfortunately for them I had 2 decrees against them and they could not refuse. What the woman kept saying is that your loan is in arrears and I just told them that this was a completly different account and to pay me my money. I eventually got out the bank with my money at 5.15.

I think what you will find is that if you owe them money at all they will try and offset your charges against any thing you owe them.

As for asking for a cheque they just flately refused to give me one and just put the money into my account. The only way you would get round that is to close your account so they can't put the money into your account.

To Andylondon, when I was having all this bother with my account I asked if I had to pay my loan through my account, and I was told no you can pay your loan over the counter at any lloyds branch.

I hope this helps anybody in any way

Eileen

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya just found your posts.. so many..

I am reduced payments now 2 years and have experienced every underhanded move Lloyd's could pull.

Taking full contractual payments when ever they wished and some times twice a month and with the reduced payment along side them, juggling interest rates. Not holding the accounts when in dispute.

It has gone on so long I am now with a solicitor as there is a possibility there was some manual abuse on my account for an employee to gain financial bonus in the collections center.

I have 2 letters stating they will no longer remove money from my account and yet it still happens again and again.

You can cancel your direct debit for your loans but you will need to do this in branch, if they refuse, do it on Internet banking. Still pay by cheque the monthly reduced amount do not fall behind in your new agreement. Send your cheque with a letter stating your cancellation action and the dates the cheque is to cover. You do not have the option of letter covering cheque if you pay by cash over the counter.

Also if the abuse continues do not have any money paid into your account move it to a building society for the time being, when you come to highlighting the actions on your accounts all you will see is Lloyd's own and it makes life sooo much easier.

Your direct debit guarantee states you can cancel at anytime and it does not state it is different if the Direct Debit is to the person who you have the Loan with.

Lloyd's are disgusting when it comes to a crisis, expect no respite....

Kick back twice as hard, In my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I found mistakes and now it seems with the help of my solicitor, including Compensation for the removal of the funds from my accounts, Both my loans will be written off or repaid with correcting balances before i am returning to work.

Lloyd's bring this action on them selves, if i had been treated with some fairness when i became ill, I would still have both loans paying reduced amounts and none the wiser to any of my rights and their mistakes.

Just remember you may be ill at this time, but that doesn't mean you don't have rights.;)

F