Capital One Part 2

Darwin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems that as a gesture of goodwill he would like to reduce my bank charges to £12 isnt that nice of him. :rolleyes:

Thus far we have been offered £660 from the merged accounts in my sig ...

Damn that man is so generous , he is going to be the next father christmas.:lol:

Case Statistics 13 Wins - 0 Losses

Cases In Progress 2

Bless him Dear Robert has a heart of gold :rolleyes:.

But he just doesnt seem to understand i want ALL! my money back :D

I wouldnt mind but even his offer of refunding the difference of a £12 charge is incorrect.:confused: may be Cap One is having to tighten the purse strings and even the batteries in the calculators are being neglected.

• 1 month later...

got a letter on friday from the court with regard to my Capital Ones cases (x3)

looks like intend to defend and now have 28 days to file a defence , roll on 1st December.

Cases In Progress 2

got a letter on friday from the court with regard to my Capital Ones cases (x3)

looks like intend to defend and now have 28 days to file a defence , roll on 1st December.

Expect their defence to be that they've paid out in full, and that you'll get a letter from them confirming this in the next week - that's how it happened for me ! :)

I received a Acknowledgement of Service on 31/10 & still waiting :-D

Capital One Credit Card

DPA Request Sent 17/05/06

Confirmation Letter about Request Received 26/05/06

All Data Arrived 10/06/06

Letter Sent for Refund 14th June

Partial Offer Received 6th July

Had a letter this morning capital One have settled , settled in full plus court fees , thay have however closed all 3 credit card accounts.

Capital One x3 Combined £2266.00+£795.80, Offered £894.00 , N1 Filed 23/10/06 , Deemed Served 01/11/06 , Settled 21/11/06

Cases In Progress 2

Nice.

I just checked moneyclaim & the latest is :-

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

Capital One Credit Card

DPA Request Sent 17/05/06

Confirmation Letter about Request Received 26/05/06

All Data Arrived 10/06/06

Letter Sent for Refund 14th June

Partial Offer Received 6th July

In the time between us first asking for our statments and the day Capital One Settled we were contacted by no less than 5 DCA's even though the ammount we sued capital one for was more than the balance

Is there any action I can take to make things less comftable for them ?.

Cases In Progress 2

Darwin - have capital one settled and paid off the balance outstanding. If so, there should be no reason for them to contact you further. If they still are tell them that the account is in dispute and the reason why.

Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

Aaron i should imagine you will have a letter from cap 1 today or tomorrow, my mcol was also 31/10/2006 then monday they put up defence, and today i recieved a letter offering FULL REFUND :D

ITS MINE AND I WANT IT BACK!!!!!

CAPITAL ONE

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT 08-8-2006 REPLY 14-8-2006

STATEMENTS RECEIVED 02-9-2006

Recieved cheque for £96 as goodwill

Darwin - have capital one settled and paid off the balance outstanding. If so, there should be no reason for them to contact you further. If they still are tell them that the account is in dispute and the reason why.

Jackie

all the cards have a 0 ballence but we are waiting for 3 cheques , was more wanting to deter them from harrasing others , than for myself.

DCA's seem to have stopped contacting.

Cases In Progress 2

I told one DCA that the balance was in dispute (on behalf of Barclaycard) and they have stopped calling (for the time being).

I told one DCA that the balance was in dispute (on behalf of Barclaycard) and they have stopped calling (for the time being).

we have had people saying we dont care if its in dispute or not ,we are sending round a collector

its just plain wrong tbh

Cases In Progress 2

Well in that case - I would ask them to prove that they own the debt by sending you the original credit agreement, default notice etc. There is a good thread on the Default section which covers this. See also "company can't send original credit agreement". If they don't send this within specified time period - they can't pursue it anyway. Some of these DCAs are really not nice people (wanted to swear but I'm a laadiee :) ) Jackie

I've been offered a partial settlement from Capital One - they are prepared to refund only £8.00 of each charge, following the OFT ruling that £12.00 is acceptable. Were you offered a partial settlement initially and then continued to pursue them for the balance? What action did you take following receipt of the partial offer, if there was one - do you have a draft of the letter you sent please

Jennifer - if you go into the forums - you see the list of places you can read/join in (theres the libraries, then further down the banks listed etc..)

you click into the relevant part where you want to be reading or writing into etc.. - you'll see all the topics there in each part of that forum (like where you just wrote?)

At the top of each list is a blue button on the left hand top side of the lists saying "new thread" if you click into that you'll see a box come up which allows you to write your thread - you can give your own title and then write in the bigger box whatever it is you want to say - then click submit and it posts your thread. (it looks similar to when you post a reply type of thing)

Then click your browser back button till you get back to the list and refresh the list on page you were on and you'll see your thread is there (you might have to press F5 button on your keyboard to refresh page) I hope that has helped you a little bit.

I am hoping someone can come back and explain this simpler - I am not an IT person so my apologies if I have confused you - it's difficult to assume how much knowledge the reader has - if any at all.

Jennifer - keep trying to move around the forum and jot snippets on a pad if you need to - you will soon get the hang of using a forum - it's just difficult when you are new to it all - but do keep trying and get familiar here as there is so much help here to support you etc..

Darwin - you won too?? Hey things are looking good here well done!!!

Yea ballance on all 3 cards is now 0 and they are sending

me a cheque for the £1300 ish oustanding

Next Question is , whos next ?

Monument

Barclaycard

or GE Money PPI refund

would wants a piece of me next ?

Cases In Progress 2