• Tweets

• Whatever the nuances of the law, they will be lost on OPS, who like the rest of the PPcs never bother to get planning permission, ever. When they get a new contract they don't want to delay issuing PCNs by deigning to follow the law, especially as the period when they take over and the parking restrictions are new is the time when they can catch most drivers out.
    • I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, I hope we can sort this lot out, so many dodgy deals from Welcome!

my interest rates were sky high also and varied by as much as 20% apr when the loan was rewritten, their kind offer when I got into difficulty, just borrow more to pay off the arrears and take forever to pay it, result it never goes down,

i have checked my credti file and found that they have updated to say my payments are all up to date AND have a default to say I have defaulted on the total amount??

P.S. when I asked Trading Standards about extortionate credit, they stated that it would have to be 80% to be considered extortionate.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dave...Pam..Angela...Maybelline,hope u are fine:))happy Easter:)))

Angela the spreadsheet for you is ready:))))

I can email it to you

Regards,

Maria

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Hi guys

Looking again at my agreement which is *similar* in all respects to maria's and angela's, I dont know why the cleared the debt!

my interest rate is "variable in accordance with clause 1b overleaf"

so this puts it in the same categorie as maria's and angela's

The Only other reason I could suspect that they cleared it is that it was signed at home (and shouldnt have been)

I will check into it again.

ps why is my apr only14.2% and the other two are 45+..........anything to do with upfront charges ppi etc ?

rgds

Dave

Hi

As far as I can remember, you're agreement (and Maria's) did not have the Amount of Credit shown where it should have been. This error alone makes both these agreements totally unenforceable because this is a 'prescribed term' and MUST be on the agreement, otherwise the court is barred from making an enforcement order.

Angela's does have this on it, plus all the other applicable 'prescribed terms' so is not automatically unenforceable.

It may however have other term/notices missing which may affect enforceability.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Thank you, Pam...For helping us out....You such a genuine star:)sending you a big frendly kiss..

Ang, i have sent you the spready...But i haven't included acceptancy fee...u can add it up by yourself....if you want....Hope everything is nice and clear for you..if not...only ask....:))))

Maybelline, how r u? long time no see.....

Kind regars,

Maria

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Maria

I have PM'd you - can you reply asap. :)

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi all Archie here been setting up for court with welcome not only with PPI but with Charges to been doing some research & came across a piece of info i found The OFT HAVE NOW DEEMED that all companies not just banks that charge high interest rates have to pay them back as from 6th April by law so i hope this info is helpfull in your quest now welcome cant say they are covered because there not

Hi all Archie here been setting up for court with welcome not only with PPI but with Charges to been doing some research & came across a piece of info i found The OFT HAVE NOW DEEMED that all companies not just banks that charge high interest rates have to pay them back as from 6th April by law so i hope this info is helpfull in your quest now welcome cant say they are covered because there not

Hi

Can you put in a link to this information or give the web page address or say what the source is? I'd be interested to read this.

Regards, Pam

I have seen a mention of this somewhere on my research's, but discounted it as I didnt think it applies in this case. I'll try to find it again.

the only reference I can see at the moment is a draft from 2003

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/press_release_attachments/extcredit.pdf

I'll keep looking unless the previous poster can find it

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi all

I have posted a thread yesterday titled "please let me pick your brains". Can I please ask, especially you, itsme, how much interest you claim back? I have paid exactly £1382.73 in PPI that I did not request but was told I need this. Do you know how much I would add on top of this amount?

Thanks

Tracy

Hello Tracy,

when was your first payment? what Is your APR?how many monthly payments in total and how much do you pay per month?? what is the loan amount? When i get your reply i will send you your spreadsheet.....

Kind regards,

Maria

Hi Maria and many, many thanks for your help.

I had car finance with Welcome (I got the car from a garage of my choice and not a "Welcome Showroom"). A car salesman from Bramwell and Laidlaw (Ford) sold me the car but got the finance from Welcome.

I have my original agreement and there is a section which heads, AGREEMENT FOR OPTIONAL INSURANCE this states the following:

My agreement which I still have states the following:

AGREEMENT FOR GOODS

Amount of Credit: £5053.25

Acceptance Fee: £150.00

Finance Charge: £2497.39

Total Charge: £7700.64

APR 24.9%

Amount of Montly Payments £160.43

Then there is another section on the agreement:

AGREEMENT FOR OPTIONAL INSURANCE

Payment Protection Insurance £1302.56

Shortfall Insurance £ 245.00 (I think this maybe GAP insurance)

Total Premiums £1547.56

Finance Charge £ 743.00(I have no idea what this is)

Total Amount Payable £2290.56

The APR is 22.8%

Payable by 48 monthly payment of £47.72

The amount I have been paying them £208.15 since the 1 Septmeber 2004 until January 2007

I voluntary terminated my agreement in February 2007 and they have wrote to me stating that I owe them a further £596.34 for insurance.

The letter has a breakdown of what I have paid and what I am due. I says that in insurance, I have Paid £1382.73, they have rebated £311.49 for cancellation of payment protection (I didn't ask them to cancel PPI)

Sorry this post is really long winded but any help is appreciated.

Many thanks again

Tracy

If the PPI was missold and you didnt request it then you can claim it ALL back.... but it somewhat depends on how you were sold it.

you say it was made a condition of the loan ?

can you prove it ? (very important)

If you can't prove it you can still fight it but it can be an uphill struggle.

But I would start with a complaint to the OFT they are looking into missold PPI's at the moment.

Also there seems to be a lot of other charges and insurances to make up the whole?? seems strange!

Maria, hope you had a relaxing easter, how are you getting on?

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Sorry to sound a bit stupid here, but how can you prove it was missold? If people were told at the time of signing the agreement that this was a condition, I'm not sure that they could prove that this was said to them. Unless they were taping the conversation in some way

Hi tracy

you could have had a friend / spouse / relative present at the time.

if not then you may find it dificult, but NOT impossible to reclaim

try this link

Reclaim your PPI premiums | This is Money

it seems as though the OFT and the FSA are starting to get teeth.

rgds

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the link, I will read this in a mo.

The premiums I have paid in total for the insurance is 1382.73, so im going to subtract the £743.00 Finance Charge and reclaim the rest. I am also going to try and get the GAP or Shortfall insurance back also as I believe this was also missold. Do you have any idea as to how much interest I add on??

Reclaim all of it

they charged you 2290.56 I would reclaim every penny I had spent.

If you ended it early claim up to that point. basically claim back what you paid in and then maybe 8% s69 on top of that, for denying you the use of that money in the interim. (worth a try :-) )

Dave

He is, isn't him?:)))))))

Hi Tracey, i am at work at the mo...will try to do your spready tonight...If not than Thus eve for sure....

Dave, Pam helped me with N244...can't put it here as yet..but can email you if you want...Will post it to court today and will stop payment as well...I am so lucky to have both of you.....

it's very hard to not have an evidence for mis-sold( Dave is right)..but nobody said it was easy.............

kind regards,

Maria

Pam, I have posted the N244

Can you please check : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/37780-welcome-finance-any-dealings-39.html

DNA and guys..posted some info about WF..i think it might be usefull......

Kind regards,

Maria

Pam,

I have PM'd you.......can you please reply asap. :))))

Regards,

Maria

hi its me, i never recieved a copy of your defence to read through, did you forget me! just to let you know i'm off on my hols tomorrow, Welcome have to file their defence by 2 days after i'm back, yes i'm still waiting. seems strange seeing as you recieved yours so quickly! have decided that maybe they are still searching for my agreement they have already admitted to losing... lol! speak to you in 2 weeks. xx

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Hello Carinas,

so sorry ..was so busy with N244...just opened my mail...they sent me their AQ...God, so quick..looks like i will go to the court....never mind..have to be ready than.......I will send you the copy..nothing special...pointing at some of mine mistakes....Pam kindly helped me with N244...I spoke to court today...re: how the court operates when they received N244...they advised it can take up to 2 weeks for judge to get on with N224 they advised me to put an urgent note...meanwhile i have to fill my AQ- going to do it this weekend....

Mr Orrill is very quick...and i do not want to keep him waiting:)))))

Forgot to mention: they want a fast track.............

Pam, where are you?????

Kind regards,

Maria

hi itsme

just want to pick your brains a little bit, hope you dont mind.

My daughter has a car with Welcome and she is thinking of trying to claim her PPI back as she thinks she toowas mis-sold it.

i've been looking at her agreement and noticed in the T/C a clause that states

"Ownership of the Goods and your option at the end of the Contract

At the end of this agreement, provided you have paid all monies owing underthis Agreement and the Agreement has not been terminated,you may buy the goods. You may exercise your option to buy the goods by paying the Option Fee together and in addition to your final monthly payment.

If you do not exercise your option to buy the Goods, you must return them in good condition no later than the day your final Payment is due."

Can you shed any light on this for me . Am I missing something here , it sounds to me that after paying the 4 yrs on the car that it never really is yours to keep unless you pay this " FEE"

can anyone enlighten me please I dont know if I am reading this right or am I just thick

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi these sort of loans seem to be common unfortunately. they can be called lots of things. deferred payment, balloon loans, lease hire etc.

what sort of loan was it ?

Was it explained to you fully at the begining ?

is the agreement valid ?

how much is the option to buy ?

can you post the agreement?

Dave