• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Archie

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

hi itsme hows things going right i have finally found all my stuff for this loan and i have all the original doc now then mine does say 30 days from inception so they must have changed it before i took mine out now then i was told for the ppi that we had to take it out or da da no loan i seem to be hearing that alot on here hmmmm tactics me thinks.

but i have just realized welcomes mistake on mine that the loan is a joint one and the ppi isnt relivent to me as i have m.e and have done since before i took out the loan soo surely its not valid anyway for me. i am just about to send a sar to them as im going after my charges from them and the ppi as the loan arranger knew i had m.e as he didnt do the medicare foe me just my hubby but the ppi for both of us ???

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Tell me about Itsme, I have been at it with GE Money since September / October time.. And still no refund.. Well at least it is now in court and they had up till 4pm tonight to submit their defence, I will be phoning the Court tomorrow morning to see if they have or not.

Ian

Oh..well..it's our luck:)))I heard GE submited defence... the are very difficult to deal with....it takes a lot of time and nerves since september....for you...Keep gooing u ll get there at the end.

Now, i took N1 to court by myself and receptionist stamped it and geve me my copy back...what will happend next?;) should i wait for letter from court or from WF? how does it work?

thank you

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Hello Angela, and Welcome:)))))))))))

i WOULD claim Medicare as well as interest back and PPI...Reidnet suggested contractual interest on the top of it.....Keep going and let us know when you get refunded:))))))))))xxx

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

hi, just a quick update to say, no reply from FLA yet, coming up to four weeks now so should hear nowish? once I have their response, assuming it is negative I will proceed to complaining to ombudsman and taking legal action.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

hi, just a quick update to say, no reply from FLA yet, coming up to four weeks now so should hear nowish? once I have their response, assuming it is negative I will proceed to complaining to ombudsman and taking legal action.

Hello maybelline, do not bother with FOS- WF are not under them....this is what they told me in their reply...waist of time and postage...if no reply from FLA, than file the claim....

regards

Hi guys Archie here firstly well done to craigmac result with welcome i today recieved my first reply from them saying that my PPI was not missold as i agreed to it when loan was given & on grounds that i have already had 2 claim forms from the DIRECT GROUP in order to claim which i have never sent or even filled in also claiming that they have credited my account with £315 as a goodwill on their behalf on the charges front i have now to contact them this payment is a full & final settlement which i know they owe me a lot more please some advice on PPI & this payment

Hi guys Archie here firstly well done to craigmac result with welcome i today recieved my first reply from them saying that my PPI was not missold as i agreed to it when loan was given & on grounds that i have already had 2 claim forms from the DIRECT GROUP in order to claim which i have never sent or even filled in also claiming that they have credited my account with £315 as a goodwill on their behalf on the charges front i have now to contact them this payment is a full & final settlement which i know they owe me a lot more please some advice on PPI & this payment

Hello Archi, how much are u claiming back? Who are these Direct Group people?

Just an update: today i have received an aknowlegment from court: "Notice of Issue". WF have until 26 March to reply...I am more than happy ..time is ticking:)))

Ahh, Clock is ticking for you now too, Be interesting to see what they state in their Defence.. No doubt a lot of Bullshit and passing the buck ..lol

Good Luck

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Ahh, Clock is ticking for you now too, Be interesting to see what they state in their Defence.. No doubt a lot of Bullshit and passing the buck ..lol

Good Luck

Ian

Oh well, Ian, i just have to wait..how is your claim going?..going?..gone?:)))))

without a joke...how is it...???do you think they will let it go to the court?you always help everybody...is somebody helping you with it? i mean legal-professional?....it seems like a hard case..this one....

regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

My claim is at court, I have recieved a copy of their Defence from their solicitors, though I have not had anything official from the court as yet.

Im on my own on this one at the momment, So any Legal Eagles out there that can have a look over their defence I would be Grateful..

I did have a chat with Hag on one matter that was concerning me about their defence, But have that one sorted out now, so it is just a case of responding when the paperwork Arrives from Court.

I had a call from the MD of one of the Independant Insurance Companies that deal with PPI, to see how My case was going as we have worked together with the press etc. He Kindly pointed me in the Direction of a Journalist at one of the National Papers who may well be Interested in assisting me. I have been busy with work this week but hopefull I will get some time to Contact the Journalist on Friday.

Ian

Hi its me ,Archie here DIRECT GROUP are the people who if you have to claim your PPI back from welcome send you the forms out & iam claiming back £1085 on the PPI & £785 BACK ON CHARGES but need some advice on what to do next

hi folks, still no reply from FLA or Welcome, more than one month from my letter of complaint, FLA are expecting Welcome to respond to my complaint?? seems unlikely to me that this will be useful:(

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

hi folks, still no reply from FLA or Welcome, more than one month from my letter of complaint, FLA are expecting Welcome to respond to my complaint?? seems unlikely to me that this will be useful:(

Hello, Maybelline.... sweety, you r waisting your time..file a claim...my complain to FLA got me £22.44 refunded for the Medicare cancellation and that's it...I thought they were promissing ...but, to be honest with you..i have just waisted my time and hopes....They should take 21 days to get a final reply from WF..chase it if no reply...phone them tomorrow....but you should get your N1 ready....

Regards,

MARIA

Hi its me ,Archie here DIRECT GROUP are the people who if you have to claim your PPI back from welcome send you the forms out & iam claiming back £1085 on the PPI & £785 BACK ON CHARGES but need some advice on what to do next

Archie, do not bother to deal with Direct Group....WF provided you loan and PPI....deal only with them...read through the PPI claims....have you started your own thread?

U r asking what to do next..what have you done already? stick to the timetable...SAR-40 days-Prelim-2 weeks-LBA 10 days-Court claim....

Everything is so simple...Forget about DG and go after Welcome..Have you done your spreadsheet?

thank you

regards,

MARIA

thanks Itsme, I have approached them first because I think you have to demonstrate to the judge that you have tried to use their complaints process before you can go into court with it, I have had no response so I am preparing my N1, however, this will not just be for the unlawful penalty charges but basically am challenging the MIG which is also unlawful I believe, I have worked these out seperately but if I combine them then it goes over the amount for small claims court by about 3k with interest, I will have to split the claim but DO want to challenge the MIG.

any advice welcome.

Maria already done all that final letter went on friday just sitting now waiting to start court procedures i just wanted to know if anyone else had dealings with direct group but haven't had responces yet will keep you posted Archie

Archie, you have to deal only with the company that supplied you with the loan..at the end of the days...they are the ones that singed you on PPI..they missold it to you...Direct group wouldn't be responsible for the selling techniques and strategy of WF staff...

Good luck:))

maybelline, i agree with you...but to behonest with you..they didn't help me at all....but as you said:

you have to demonstrate to the judge that you have tried to use their complaints process before you can go into court with it

Well, in my case WF has a week to submit defence.....

R u claiming contractual interest as well??

Regards,

Hi,

I put my N1 claim in against Welcome on 16th March. Ppi inc interest & fees charged to my account. I have claimed 8% interest too. Will be watching your thread with interest as you seem t6o be a week ahead of me! I wonder if they will make a defence!

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Hi,

I put my N1 claim in against Welcome on 16th March. Ppi inc interest & fees charged to my account. I have claimed 8% interest too. Will be watching your thread with interest as you seem t6o be a week ahead of me! I wonder if they will make a defence!

Thank you carinas,

at this stage i am trying not to think much about it....stressed enough with this claim...eating loads of sweets and chocolate....:))))))did you claim contractual interest as well?

regards,

Hi Itsme,

Well i have a copy of GE's Defence in my case..lol but have not had anything officially from the court as yet, I will be chasing the court up this week. I will be starting on my response to their defence which is pretty crap but only to expected from the like of GE.

Race you to Court...lol First one there Buys the Chocie Bars ..lol

Ian

:))))))))))you so good:))))

Ian, i just have found in my Statement of Clam..one figure that is not supposed to be there( in total.....i was amending the figures( before i have printed out)..and in one paragraph i left the old one, not correct bigger money figure.... the court sent me aknowlegment...so i believe i can just leave it as it is...?????

Thank you