• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good to see you 2 still in good fighting Mood..:D :D

Keep up the good work..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you 2 still in good fighting Mood..:D :D

Keep up the good work..

Ian

Hey, look who is back...where have you been????:)

Regards,

Maria

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Hiya Ladies..lol

I have not been far away honest, Just been doing a lot of Digging about etc regarding the tacticts that GE Money are using.. Im still working away with the Press etc and have yet more up my sleeve so to speak, Just planning my next moves so to speak..;)

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello Kenny,

You have more luck to end it up quicker than me:)))WF is refunding/ rebating anything they've missold now very quickly:))))

You r more than welcome to use this thread as yours...as you can see i do not mind, as it helps newcomers to start fighting:)))

Before you do anything send FSA complaint explaining what you have been mis-sold or overcharged by WF....and let me know when you do so....

We r all in this together.....

regards,

itsme

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Hiya Ladies..lol

I have not been far away honest, Just been doing a lot of Digging about etc regarding the tacticts that GE Money are using.. Im still working away with the Press etc and have yet more up my sleeve so to speak, Just planning my next moves so to speak..;)

Ian

Hello stranger!!!!

i have been missing you( not only me ..most of the ladies from PPI as well))))

Glad you r fine and things are slowly, but still moving on...

Kind regards,

Maria

hi itsme

thought i'd best come and join you......fantastic read......long....but fantastic.;)

i want to take your advise and make a complaint to the FSA but the link in your first post is unavailable. i've looked on the FSA website and cannot find the complaints part. could you help me............again!!!:D

J:)

Hi J,

still working on you spready:)))!!! need to change the formula for those £70.....

complaint to FSA shouldn't be lond and should be send to:

25 The North Collonade

Canary Wharf

London

E14 5HS

Let them know that you were led to believe that taking PPI was a condition of being approved for a personal loan.You have, however, subsequently found out that PPi is optional and you feelthat you were pressurized into agreeing to take this out.

I find it difficult to find the complaint procedure on their website as well:confused: ...so just send them a complaint ot the address above:)))

i will update you on your spready:)!

regards,

Itsme

Hiya,

Try here for complaints procedure to FSA..

Making a complaint : FSA Money made clear—guides

Hope that Helps

Ian

my claim has come back for the second time??? first time the court thought the financial info was wrong, it was fine so returned it, now they dont seem to have the AQ and are threatening strike out???

I have every sympathy for the court inundated with claims but this is causing me some problems:(

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

ok everything back with the court, progressing ok, WF still seem to think they have a mortgage with me and have placed it on my title as such and credit file BUT it is a secured loan which is not the same thing??????!!!!!

I realise that I will have to bring this all to the attention of the Judge, does anyone know if I need to do anything since it will be a prehearing will it not, no bundles asked for yet, we have done AQ.

Can I ask the Judge for another order on the day?

sorry Itsme, not hijacking your thread just catching up at same time:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hello May,

I do not know:)) i am in same situation and my prehearing this monday..the only letter i had received so far from judge is the one with 30 min direction on the 9th of July...God soooo soooon:)) and as it a prehearing he didn't ask for any bungles but i will take a folder with everything included.....

Feel scared, lost and hungry:)))always hungry when scared:)))))

Guys, if anybody knows what normally happends on this type of hearing PLEASE let us know:)))

Kind regards,

Itsme

good luck Itsme, I am sure you will be fine, how about searching the WF threads for folks who have been to one, have you tried a familiarisation visit to the court, I have taken people to court before and it is not that scary once it gets started so long as you are prepared best wishes:)

Can't say that i am prepared....I do not know what to prepare as nothing requested?:))))

No i didn't go to the court, as aparently i had to book an appoitment well in advance.....to attend any of the hearing:))my LOCAL court is in wrong not local area:))

you have done all your homework though, you have done your lba, n1, particulars of claim and know the unfair charges argument so you will be fine. do let us know how it goes.

Hi itsme.

in my opinion i think it will be just a case of deciding if you can come to an agreement or if the matter needs to go further!!!! (but i'm certainly no expert)

good luck for monday. i hope they cave in there and then as they will know you are totally serious about your claim.

will be thinking of you

J:)

Hi maria

you have as always my very best wishes

good luck on Monday.

It's only a prehearing, probably to decide if it is worth carrying on with it!

Dont be too nervous.....the judge is only a person! (most probably human) :)

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Good Luck for Monday Maria..:)

I have sent you PM too, If you need Help Support you know where I am :D

Ian

x

Dear Guys,

Thank you for all ur help and support...Yes, i am still worring and going to concentrate on my POC now...

I had received a letter froom WF yestesday morning suggesting to transfer the claim to Fast track...I am glad the hearing is only 30 min...but i enough to make me sooooo worried..

Thank you

Kind regards,

Maria

Hello Maria,

Just got back from a few days awayand caught up with your thread. Wanting to wish you good luck, but you wont need it. Everybody on here will be with you, maybe not in person, but in spirit.

Don't be scared, its only 30minutes out of your day, stay strong and confident with the beliefthat they are wrong and you are right:D

If you are asked a question,Take a few good deep breaths and take a minute to gather your thoughts before you speak. I have always found this very useful if I am nervous.

I will send good positive thoughts to the court for you;)

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Maria,

Just got back from a few days awayand caught up with your thread. Wanting to wish you good luck, but you wont need it. Everybody on here will be with you, maybe not in person, but in spirit.

Don't be scared, its only 30minutes out of your day, stay strong and confident with the beliefthat they are wrong and you are right:D

If you are asked a question,Take a few good deep breaths and take a minute to gather your thoughts before you speak. I have always found this very useful if I am nervous.

I will send good positive thoughts to the court for you;)

Thank you, darling

i ll be fine i know...but when i get nevous my english is not good at all...and i am...but thank you for the support....i just can't describe the feeling...breath in...breath out.....breath in..breath out...i am preparing my brain to work for me if my english will go wrong...have all the point printed out( pam helped me with them)..and i am reading and rereading and rereading....

fast track means you have to pay court costs doesnt it?

Do not want to concentrate on this now...will think about it tomorrow....Scarlett O'Hara