Bos (Stalling Me)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am really new to this so please be paitent with my ramblings.

Firstly i got the original information from another site (shock horror) before i discovered this one which may i add is brill.

I sent away my 1st letter requesting my bank statements and recieved them in good time (hurrah).I then calculated my charges and interest (however i think i have not asked for enough in interest as the other web site was not to clear on how to work it out) based on looking at spread sheet and other postings.The ammount comes to nearly £7000 pounds and thats me short changing myself (big frown).

So i send them a recorded delivery letter with guaranteed delivery by the 05/12/06 giving them 14 days to respond on the 14th day i received a letter back form them they are sorry i am unhappy with the charges and that i would receive a reply shortly but no later that 4 weeks.

So i gave them the 4 weeks which was the 3rd of January and gave them a call, they told me that a letter had been posted to me.So the next day i received another letter from them saying " That they are sorry that i have not had a full response and they are still investigating my complaint and i will receive a response as soon as possible but certainly no later than the 2nd of Feb".

I dont know they are just wasteing time? I was going to send them another letter demanding a response in 14 days or i am going ahead with court action.Is this the right route to take.

I was considering just giving up but its a heck of a lot of money.

Please help

Trish

Hi Trish.

I was considering just giving up but
That is the whole idea. That is what their intimidatory practises are geared towards. That's the idea behind their slow response times.... frustrating you into giving up your claim.

But you're on the CAG site now, and we DON'T give up.

That's the the reason we always advise you to stick to your own timetable and not allow them to railroad you.

Our timings are as follows...

Prelim. letter, giving them 14 days to respond.

Letter before action, giving them a further 14 days to reflect.

Moneyclaim or N.1 form.

Don't let them delay you any more. They have had more than enough time already.

Go to Moneyclaim On-Line or fill in form N.1 and take it in to your local county court, yourself.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi, Trish. Please do not give up. It's your money and you will get it back!

Best wishes.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Garfieldb,

It's still about £2,000 less than you will get if you persue them.

In the end it's up to you, but you would get the full amount.

Best wishes.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Garfieldb,

It's still about £2,000 less than you will get if you persue them.

In the end it's up to you, but you would get the full amount.

Best wishes.

Regards.

Scott.

And that's not even including the amount you have short changed yourself by!! If it were me, I would learn the calculations properly, rewrite your prelim, send them another letter with the revised amount and go from there.

THAT SAID, you have been offered a nice lump sum, this is certainly better than giving up as you said ;)

Obviously, you do as you please but I would certainly have a think about how much you want / don't want the extra 2-3 grand.

JMO

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

I think i will accept i know i am losing out but it is something that i never considered doing in the first place so i think a big pay like that is a bonus. :)

I dont know if i could be commited enough to do the court stuff and with that ammount i think by what i read i would have to apply for court action several times.

I have not had my offer letter yet that was just a phone call to the Bos so i suppose there is still thinking time.:???:

In which case congratulations on your success ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Another Twist in the Bos saga,

I got home from work today to find a letter from Dunfermile Customer Relations saying they are going to offer me £2,855.50 so i gave them a call and i spoke to a guy who said there was two letters on my file 1 saying about the £2,885.50 and another 1 saying about the £5,250 but they sent the one offering £2,885.50.

So he then asked if i was sent the 1 for £5,250 would i accept.I said yes or i would have to continue with court action and he said he would pop it in the post.

This is a bit weird dont you think.

Also The return envelope is marked Customer Relations Halifax Plc Leeds.

Also can i demand a cheque cause my old account doesnt get used any more.