Lowell/Overdales Claimform - Paypal Credit

Hello All,

I was hoping for some help with a  Claim Form received yesterday 15h May 2024.  I have read lots of threads but I just want to check what I am doing.

I have acknowledged service noting my intention to defend all of the claim and I have left the contest jurisdiction un-checked.

I will today/tomorrow issue a CCA request with a £1 postal order to the claimant and a CPR 31:14 to the solicitor.  For the CCA which section should I use? I am not sure which section Paypal Credit would come under.

If the claim was issued on the 9th May am I correct with my defence filing date of the 11th June?

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance :-)

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre, Northampton

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self (just 1)

Date of issue –  9th May 2024

Defence filing date: Tuesday 11th June??

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for 

The claim is for the sum of £255.69 due by the Defendant under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a PayPal account with an account reference of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) 

The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default Notice was served under s.87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which has not been complied with.

The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 15-09-21, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £0.00. The Claimant claims the sum of £255.69

What is the total value of the claim? £340.69

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Not applicable

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? PayPal credit account

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007 

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, shows as defaulted.  Registered when it was bought by Lowell

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Cant find a letter that say so

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  Not sure

Why did you cease payments? Financial difficulties and mental health issues

What was the date of your last payment? ? Mid 2019

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No
Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

its a loan.

when did you take it out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

Not sure of the exact date I took it out as I don't have access to that information.  I do have a statement from May 2019, it was taken out before then.

look on your credit file?

if its pre brexit its a paypal eu agreement

lots of previous threads here on how to deal with them here.

search

claimform lowell paypal eu 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paypal Credit account opened 16th Jan 2018.

I will search for the threads you have suggested. Thank you.

clickme^^

and they