MET CCTV PCN Starbucks closed - Southgate Park CM24 1PY

Hi All,

Can ii get advice on this PCN received at the services near stansted airport.

Picked someone up at night and went to grab coffee and snack in mc Ds, and didnt realise there was zones in this car park, it was late dark and pouring with rain so obvious u see the large 60mins parking free and dont stand around reading everything.

My son and his mother were in the back of car still as he was sleeping.

Ticket appears to be from CCTV camera

should i appeal, then see what they say (assume it will be rejected) then go to POPLA,

Thanks in advance

1 Date of the infringement 28/4/24

2 Date of issue  30/4/24 (says 14 days from date of letter)

3 Date received 4/5/23

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? pic car and n0 plate

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Not yet

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted     (parked on starbucks side which was shut)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. cant see it

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   No other correspondence

pcn.pdf

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Thank you for the information. To answer your question, we don't recommend appealing at all. It will be a waste of your time and you could end up outing the driver.

Ask any questions that you have but basically you keep an eye on this, keep the correspondence and if MET ever they send a Letter Before Claim/Action. If you get to that stage, we'll suggest being proactive.

Best, HB

EDIT: Could we see the other side of the PCN please? Sometimes there is information that they've left off.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't appeal.

This is a well known scam site to us. It's even been exposed on national TV by Joe Lycett!

The traditional route was that we'd push Starbucks to cancel the PCN but that hasn't been working as of late.

You've got 2 options:

1. Pay the £60 and the matter goes away.

2. Ignore them and engage with us.

We'd rather you choose option 2. We'll be with you every step of the way.

The good news is that MET rarely goes to court with this, providing you engage with us properly. The times they have is when people have either come to us late or have ignored our advice. Many times, once defended properly with our advice, they claims are either discontinued by MET or struck out by the courts.

Get reading up by using the search feature and searching "Southgate Park", go see how many cases we have here of this scam site, get used to the process. Get reading at least 20+ threads

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As it clearly states in their missive, the DRIVER is liable to pay the unicorn tax.

It isn't POFA compliant, don't appeal. they can only chase the driver and unless you out yourself by appealing, then there's nothing they can do to identify the driver.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to MET CCTV PCN Starbucks closed - Southgate Park CM24 1PY

thanks for the reply

I'll heed all the advise.  As much as I want to give them a piece of my mind and appeal, I wait and see how this progresses, I'm sure as u said the appeal whatever i say will be rejected.

Its amazing how this car park is allowed to get away with it and how starbucks and mc Ds allow it

Will keep you all posted,

tahnks again

• I agree 1

Met are out of order in this new version of their PCN. They show your car arriving and leaving via the ANPR cameras. They then go on to describe this as the parking period knowing full well that since your car still has to drive to a parking space and later drive from the parking space to the exit. How this can be described as a parking period with so much driving involved is beyond me.