Tinkerbelle vs Barclaycard - 1st Response to Prelim

Tinkerbelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Preliminary request for refund sent recorded delivery on 13/04/06. Deadline for response was 28/04/06.

Sod off letter received today 27/04/06. Copied below for your info.

===========================================

Barclaycard House

PO Box 5592

Northampton

NN4 1ZY

20 April 2006

Dear xxxxxxx,

BARCLAYCARD SERVICES

ACCOUNT NUMBER : XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Thank you for contacting Barclaycard.

The Terms and Conditions of your Barclaycard were varied from the 1st August 2001. Instead of being charged an annual membership fee, your account is now subject to additional charges for late payments, exceeding the credit limit, returned payments and for copy statements and vouchers. Notification of these changes was sent to customers during June 2001.

The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) have made a recommendation to credit card companies of taking action to review their levels of default charges e.g. late payment fees, which they believe to be excessive.

We remain committed to supporting our customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties and believe that our current policy is the fairest way of applying fees to those who break the terms of their agreement.

Confirmation of the charges is shown on the reverse of your monthly statements and also in the Barclaycard Conditions. I can confirm that the charge is correct and as such is non-refundable.

Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to Barclaycard. For your information I have enclosed a leaflet detailing how we manage complaints. Should you have any immediate concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services Department ob the telephone number shown above.

If I do not hear from you witin 8 weeks from the date of this letter, I will assume that your complaint is resolved.

Yours sincerely

Sharon Woodhouse

Barclaycard Customer Services

ENCLOSURE: we value your your feedback

=========================================================

There was no enclosure in the letter. Just the sod off letter.

Working from home tomorrow (printer bust), so will be sending off the LBA just after the Bank Holiday next week when I am back at work.

I'm tired and slightly "peeshed" hic!, so can't think of any witty comments to add 37.gif

Wish me luck.....think I'm gonna need it with this lot!

Ok. I have drafted my LBA to Barclaycard, which will be posted tomorrow.

============================================

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Sharon Woodhouse

Barclaycard Customer Services

Barclaycard House

PO Box 5592

Northampton

NN4 1ZY

Dear Ms Woodhouse,

BARCLAYCARD ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Further to my letter of 13th April 2006 requesting a refund of unlawful charges applied to my account, I am disappointed to see that you have chosen to decline my request in your letter dated 20th April 2006.

I would once again like to draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have taken £500.00 from my account on which you have charged additional interest.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I will write to you with a Final Letter before Action, giving you a further 7 days in which to re-consider your position. At the expiry of these deadlines, if the monies have not been repaid in full, I will begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

=======================================

I am giving them an extra 7 days after the 14 days LBA, as I'll have been paid by then and can issue the moneyclaim when they ignore to refund me MY money.

I can't believe they haven't even offered me any kind of settlement! BA****DS :mad:

Good luck with Barclays, they are on my hit list for next month:D

You and I have a lot in common Tinkerbelle.......we have been ripped off by the same banks....lol:)

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• 1 month later...

After a slight delay, while I concentrated on chasing my other "debtors", I am now back onto Barclaycard.

Had already sent prelim and LBA, so have now sent them a FINAL LBA today giving them 14 days to pay up.

They haven't even offered me anything so far. Just two letters about "we are investigating your Complaint".

Well you carry on and investigate Mr BarclayCard. I expect you will drag this out until armageddon :???:

After a slight delay, while I concentrated on chasing my other "debtors", I am now back onto Barclaycard.

Had already sent prelim and LBA, so have now sent them a FINAL LBA today giving them 14 days to pay up.

They haven't even offered me anything so far. Just two letters about "we are investigating your Complaint".

Well you carry on and investigate Mr BarclayCard. I expect you will drag this out until armageddon :???:

I'm watching this thread with greatinterest

I recently sent a letter to Barclaycard asking for a list of all charges to my account and have received a reply of "you can have statements up to 2004 for £10 - additional statements are £3"

You should have a look at the Motley Fool - There's a guy on there called Neil Faulkner (I reailse the names are similar, but I'm no relation!) that highly recommended & pointed me in the direction of this site.

See his article here (with links to other articles on the same subjext)

http://www.fool.co.uk/news/comment/2006/c060612d.htm?source=ioodftxt0010001

• 2 weeks later...

Any news with the barclaycard snails tinkerbelle? .......They are so slow...........:rolleyes:

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks