Jump to content

libertie

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    82
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

26 Excellent
  1. This topic was closed on 11 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Hi MF5, Both of us totally gutted for you here. Just a thought but is it worth contacting Jason for a recommend of a solicitor for advice re your costs/ appeal? libertie
  3. Hi Zsazsa, I just wanted to say good luck with the claim. HSBC just paid me this week, they said they intended to defend mid october and made me a full offer within two weeks. With regards to attending court in northampton, i'm sure if it goes further you can request it be heard at your local court. Anyway I'm sure if any of this is wrong someone will put me right! Libertie:grin:
  4. Hi Moleskin, Good luck with the claim, don't be nervous. There are lots of us around to ask advice, and plenty of reading to be done! Stick to your timetable and all should go to plan, and it is exciting waiting for the post now. libertie
  5. Hi Chewy I know how you feel, I put off for months sending my Prelim letter to HSBC even though I had all of my statements.Even though I had been successful against other banks. Mainly because it was my main bank a/c and I have an overdraft with them that I am never out of! When I realised that my bank charges for the last six years would clear that and put me ahead again, for only the second time in as many years my letter was off like a shot. I have had a lot of support from my brother, who has a few on the go at the moment, with more tricksy banks. I too received a letter offering just short of what i had been requesting, it arrived the day after I completed the MCOL, and just over two weeks later another letter offering the full amount has arrived. Whoohooo! You have nothing to loose in waiting that extra time crack on and file with MCOL if you haven't already. libertie:-)
  6. I would amend your LBA to include either your acceptance of their partial offer but stating you intend to pursue the remainder, or your refusal of the partial payment, as you clearly asked for a full refund. I think it would be rude to ignore as you actually got a reply to your initial letter. Which is more than some of us got! Libertie:-)
  7. Hi Gordon, I'd wait the extra couple of weeks so you can have all your money back and your 8% interest. I had an offer of approx 90% of what i was requesting. They didn't reply to either of my letters until after I'd moneyclaimed them. I had also given them an extra week to reply. They stated they intended to defend, and last week i got a letter offering the full amount. Thats just two weeks after their first offer. Get them moneyclaimed! libertie
  8. Well done MF5! Sorry I was away when your victory took place, will be round though for a celebratory beer! Ah and onto the next one? Congratulations again... Libertie:D
  9. Damian, Am luvin your avatar where did you get it from? Libertie
  10. Damian, WHOOPEEEEE! Well done, congratulations! :D Any more on your hit list? Libertie:)
  11. Hi Adam, Good luck with your claim, I join you today as I sent my prelim to HSBC also. Keep us posted. Libertie:)
  12. Hi Damian, Just been catching up with your progress, looking good. Shouldn't be too long now for the money. I guess as with everyone else they'll say they will defend and then the magicial halifax cash fairy will make a deposit. I think it was a couple of weeks for mine. Libertie
  13. Hi, You can send a letter accepting their goodwill gesture offer but reminding them that you are seeking a full refund and assuming they make the refund you will be pursuing the remainder of the money through the courts as previously stated. I did this and gave them an extra 7 days to reflect, they just ignored it but I felt happier allowing this extra time. In the end they wont refund the money until you file with moneyclaim. It's up to you if their time is up you can start your court proceedings as previously stated, in your letters. Libertie
  14. Hi rhian When you say you have sent letters to halifax, could you be more specific? If you have sent your prelim and given 14 days, then sent your LBA and given 14 days, then you can start your court proceedings. Libertie:)
×
×
  • Create New...