re: HiSense TV purchased from studio.co.uk has failed to show a picture

Good Afternoon,

I purchased a HiSense TV and had it Delivered in March 2022  and the warranty started on the 2nd of March 2022 and on the 16th March 2024, the TV became faulty with the TV powering on, The red light does two long flash's and 1 short flash and then no picture.

I logged this with HiSense, sent them all the documents including pictures. Who said they couldn't see a fault. They then later requested a copy of the purchase details/invoice from studio.co.uk and studio.co.uk refused to help in any shape or form.

Then 20 minutes ago, I received an email from HiSense telling me that my TV is out of warranty and will not be replaced.

The TV has not suffered any damage or bangs.

What are my options?

Best Regards

HiSense warranty is 2 years and this falls *just* outside of that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Refer to the Consumer Rights Acts 2015 forget their warranty and dont let Studio off the hook.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

make a claim under your consumer rights, as you are outside of 6mts, you will have to get a professional report done as to why the TV has failed after 2yrs then send that to studio.

studio then have the choice of repair, replace or refund (minus a small sum for commensurate use over 2yrs) 

it will undoubtedly be a electrolytic capacitor fault in the power supply circuit, they were faulty at time of manu.,

very well known problem (2 long flash+1 short) ,   easy to fix too for someone with the skills.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What was the cost of the TV set when it was brand-new? This might give some indication of the reasonable expected life expectancy.

You might also look at the Internet to see if these are issues which are commonly experienced amongst owners of this particular model

Solving Red Light Blinks 2 Times

• First of all, check the power supply of your home. Fluctuation or voltage problems can cause your TV light to blink. 
  • Check the power cables. Damaged or rusted cables can interrupt the power supply. If any cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
  • A soft reset can solve this issue. Turn Off your TV -> unplug it from the wall socket -> wait for a minute -> plug in the TV.
  • If nothing works, call a technician to identify and fix the problem.

• I agree 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The TV was £499 but one could argue that the unit had started to fail while in warranty as with the capacitors, they start to bulge before failing and this can take a couple of weeks.

And getting hold of anyone at studio.co.uk is super hard. I had an email explaining to me that there is no one there to help my get a copy of my invoices or purchase's so as they can't provide a copy of my invoice or purchase's, the can't in theory prove what I've purchased then.

It may have started to fail within the warranty period but you took no action.

How did you pay? Surely you have some evidence of payment.

You are entitled to purchase goods which are of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time. For 500 quid television, one would expect it to last for at least six years or seven years without any particular problems and for it to pack up after two years – is not satisfactory quality. No reasonable consumer would purchase the television for £500 which they would only have for two years.

Is there any evidence that it can be repaired or is it purely a replacement job? Don't speculate on this. We need to know authoritatively

of course it should be online at studio 

but sadly as they got bought out, they lost historic data, lots of info on the net and here about that ..

FWIW: these can be repaired easy by most good tv shops/repair people, 

did you unplug it and retry?

i've done poss 3or4 hisence only one was the caps the other 2 were just a reset. but you must unplug ALL leads, and leave them for a good 30mins. 

then plug in and try again. can take 2 or 3 attempts at the whole reset game before it comes alive , there no harm in holding the on/off in as that video says too.

dx

• Like 1

and they

I paid with my visa debit card and still am with one last payment due.

The TV itself is unscathed, not a single mark and nor has it been repaired. It's been sat attached to it's bracket since day one with no chance of failing of the unit.

With the part's failing during warranty there is no way to tell as the TV just worked from day one.

The TV has been powered cycled and left unplug for a week now with the old "hold in the port button trick" not working.

This works well on PC's and Laptop's though although I have watched the video which is great video but ill keep trying and from what I've read and know. Tv's should last 5-7 years.

Super forum, receiving lots of help so thank you everyone so far.

Have you told us he you purchased the TV from?
Who are the payments being made to?

If it helps/incase it was missed

Post 1 says invoice is from studio.co.uk so i assume he purchased there.

Looking at their website "Studio Pay" is provided by Frasers Group Financial Services which is just the sports direct, game group companies

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• AndyOrch changed the title to re: HiSense TV purchased from studio.co.uk has failed to show a picture

Topic title amended although it is mentioned numerous times in the topic who the retailer was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The TV was purchased through studio.co.uk with the payments going to studio pay but credit arranged through the Fraser group.

Something interesting to note here is that I posted here that I think I had one payment left to make with no mention or request to studio to clarify this and they have emailed me this morning to tell that I am now fully payed so they are reading the threads.

Could be just a coincidence.

Anyway, I would suggest that you make a claim. You should claim for the entire cost of the TV but be prepared to settle for a proportion of the claim to reflect that you had two years use out of it from life expectancy of, say, seven years.

You can do the maths and let us know.

If this interests you then I suggest that you prepare a letter of claim and post the draft here. No point in faffing around

• Like 2