UKCPS - NO STOPPING PARKING CHARGE - Gateway House Picadilly Manchester Stay City Aparthotels

Following my sat nav I entered the road leading to the car park.

I reached a dead end and was unsure of where my allocated parking was.

I did a u- turn checked my phone and realised where the staycity aparthotels carpark was.

I am a Londoner and was completely confused as there was another parking area in this compound.

I had pre booked my parking starting from 3pm for 24 hours please see my receipt.

I arrived in the car park at around 545pm.

UKCPS sent me a reminder letter which I just opened saying I owe £130.

The picture on the charge are 1 minute apart.

There were no signs of no stopping where I was, no markings on the floor.

I had every right to be there. 

If I entered the wrong car park I could have been charged so I had to make sure. 

please what do I do this is the first letter I’ve received, its not even in my name its addressed to the registered keeper.

I’m scared as I do not want my credit profile to be affected.

They said the registered keeper cannot appeal due to 21 days lapsing. 

can YourParkingSpace Help me as I booked with them? 

should I appeal?

should I contact UKCPS to inform them I was the driver? And I didn’t receive their initial letter?

please help me this is affecting my mental health. 

ReceiptForBooking-.pdf

• PEACEKING changed the title to UKCPS - NO STOPPING PARKING CHARGE - Gateway House Picadilly Manchester Stay City Aparthotels

Hi Peaceking and welcome to CAG.

It's a rather confused explanation you're giving us.

You've received a letter that's not actually addressed to you??

Could you please upload the letter you've got and we'll take it from there.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Ok Peaceking,

Our usual advice is to ignore anything else they send UNLESS it's a letter of/before claim.

We've around 30 of these cases on the forum and UKCPS have never had the courage to take it to court yet...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?&q="Gateway House"&type=forums_topic&quick=1&nodes=65&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

In your case it's doubly important not to appeal. You could lose useful legal protection under POFA2012 legislation.

Basically, UKCPS should sue the driver. If they don't know who was driving, they can transfer liability to the keeper (Dad), IF they get everything right paperwork wise.

You're probably going to have to explain this to Dad. No response to UKCPS whatsoever, unless a letter of claim arrives (unlikely).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you do a search on the forum you'll see we have about 100,000 threads for this site.

In not one case have UKCPS have the guts to do court.

Your credit file can't be affected unless UKCPS take you to court, then win the court case and after you defy the court and don't pay so get a CCJ.  None of that is going to happen.

EDIT: just seen Nick has already explained all this.  Anyway, he 's right!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If the PCN reminder is the only one your father has received it would be best to get him to send an sar to UKCPS so that you can get the original PCN. That is the important one since if they don't get the wording right they cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. 

This would be the best outcome for the two of you. they cannot pursue your Father and they do not know your name and address. Happy days.

How likely is it that they have got it wrong?

The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 [which governs the private parking companies ] has only been in force for about 12 years so you would have thought that they could have managed to get the wording right by now.  You would be wrong.

Time and again we see constant examples of PCNs that do not comply with the Act so the keeper is no longer liable to pay  which is why we advise motorists not to appeal.

It is all too easy to reveal that the keeper was also the driver and once the parking rogues know who the driver is they can then take them to Court. 

• 3 weeks later...

pdf sorted and back up.

if you'd been reading up in the last 3weeks instead of just disappearing ......

you would have already known that a DCA can do nothing on ANY debt, no matter what its TYPE. and to await and see if you ever get a letter of claim. till then sit on yours hands.

A DCA is NOT a bailiff 

and have ZERO legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As your first PCN was a Notice to Driver which would have been followed by a Notice to keeper over a month later [even though it may only state Parking Charge notice] it is even more necessary to send PE an SAR.

If either document fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act  2012 Schedule 4 then both you and your father are in the clear.

So you do not need to worry about is any paperwork from unregulated debt collectors and fifth rate solicitors.

The only thing to look out for is a Letter of Claim and all you have to do is respond with a snotty letter back to them .

Just to check.  Is there an obvious reason why your father didn't get the original letter?  Has he moved recently?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread