PE ANPR PCN - after cash payment into coins slots - ILFORD RETAIL PARK, ESSEX

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

1 Date of the infringement 03/02.2024

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 20/02/24   ..( dated 17 days after !!! )

3. Date received seen on the 11th of March

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? YES

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]  NOT DONE NOTHING YET

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here

7 Who is the parking company? PARKING EYE

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]  ILFORD

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Hi All, I hope you can help with this please.

we went to a restaurant in Ilford,

We were advised by the owners that the first 2 hours is free in the Car park, shortly before the 2hrs , we were out to make payment which could only be via a coin slot, we paid for 4 hours , of which we entered our plate number into the machine, got a slip.

To our utter surprise we received a PCN !! ofcourse we do not have the proof of payment anymore.

We do not live at the address where the PCN was sent to, we received it through mail redirection, also we just suffered a loss in the family, did not open the mails on time.

Apparently all our friends who were at the restaurant also received  PCNS even though we all paid by cash .

Please advise as this is out of order and unfair.

Parkingeye PCN 200224.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to PE ANPR PCN - after cash payment into coins slots - ILFORD RETAIL PARK, ESSEX

Because the PCN was posted after the 14 day margin the charge for the PCN cannot be transferred to the keeper so only the driver is now liable. So do not appeal as you may give away who was driving-perhaps inadvertently. As long as PE does not know who was driving they are stuck since anyone of thousands of motorists are able to drive your car and if it gets as far as Court Judges do not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person. 

Is it possible to get photos of the car park as there appears to  be a disparity in their claims. 

Have you kept the slip . If not did you look to see if the correct time and vrm were recorded correctly.

Have you checked with the restaurant to see if they can help get your PCN cancelled. At the same time can they confirm what time you left there just in case PE have got the timings wrong on their ANPR cameras. [I used to get out of some London restaurants around 6 am in my young days  though I am surprised that Ilford would be that late even on a Saturday.]

As LFI says, don't appeal, all that would do is throw away the legal protection you fortunately have as PE didn't send their rubbish out in time to establish keeper liability.

If you Google this place there are negative reviews galore going back years about the machines not working properly.  No doubt PE are extremely happy to have the knackered machines so they have excuses to send out their invoices.

You say other people in your party received invoices too.  Did any of them keep the parking receipt?

Presumably it is the retail park, rather than the restaurant, who called in PE.  You could complain to them and demand they call their dogs off.  Unfortunately I can't find an e-mail address but there is a phone number +443305554444.  You could call and ask for an e-mail address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

21 hours ago, rita777 said:

We do not live at the address where the PCN was sent to, we received it through mail redirection, also we just suffered a loss in the family, did not open the mails on time.

Alarm bells are ringing.

We have over 100 cases on the private parking forum - loads more over the whole site - of people who moved, did not inform their legal adversaries or the DVLA of the move, and who ended up with a backdoor CCJ as the court papers went to the old address.

You need to sort this out sharpish.

You can also be fined a grand if you don't update the vehicle log book with the DVLA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank.you , I have changed my license and insurance to the new address, the Dvla Has been an oversight🙈 ! I will do that asap

The restaurant can't really do anything to be honest as the car park is not owned by them, it is also across the street,  the car park it by a retail park, also note that we arrived there around 8.30pm in the evening so all shops were already closed.

I believe our arrival and departure times are correct.

I do not have the slip anymore.

With regards to the keeper and driver, how do we separate this? My name is on the correspondence sent .

Also if I call the retail park , or send an email, i will have to supply my details right? Which will disclose who the driver was?

What do I do next please ?.🫡🙃🙃🙃

DVLA for the cars v5c as well rita! 

the retail centre is nothing to do with PE.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whenever you  write or explain what happened in the car park, always say "the driver entered the car park" or the driver parked the car". Never say "I parked the car" etc. That way even if you were the driver you don't divulge the fact thus protecting your id so that the rogues do not know who was driving. 

7 hours ago, rita777 said:

With regards to the keeper and driver, how do we separate this? My name is on the correspondence sent .

Hi rita, your name is on the correspondence because you are the registered keeper, NOT because you are the driver. (Anyone could have been the driver at the time and they have NO IDEA who that was.)

9 hours ago, FTMDave said:

We have over 100 cases on the private parking forum - loads more over the whole site - of people who moved, did not inform their legal adversaries or the DVLA of the move, and who ended up with a backdoor CCJ as the court papers went to the old address.

Also, just to reiterate. As well as updating your logbook with the DVLA, you must also write to Parking Eye informing them of your correct address... nothing more! Get and keep a free proof of posting at the post office and keep it safe!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

8 hours ago, rita777 said:

I do not have the slip anymore.

Yes, I know, you said straight away.  You also said you were with a group of people and they all received PCNs too.  So did any of them keep the payment slip?  Because if even one of them can prove they paid and the machine was broken, clearly that would mean the machine was broken in your case too.

8 hours ago, rita777 said:

Also if I call the retail park , or send an email, i will have to supply my details right? Which will disclose who the driver was?

You will have to give the PCN number.  As LFI says, refer to the driver in the third person.

As Nick says, tomorrow get a two-line letter sent to PE saying you have moved from A to B, invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.  That will protect you from getting a backdoor CCJ.