PCN for parking without a valid Zone D permit- Residents bay, where I am a resident! but swapped numberplates

Please see exerpt from the Council after having challenged, two PCNS for the same 'contravention', One of them was very kindly cancelled as a goodwill gesture and the other was left as the council say was issued correctly.

However I do have a valid permit for the parking as it is right outside my house in a private cul de sac however, I had recently made a vehicle numberplate swap, which somehow seems silly as if I had left the old number plate on would not have flagged any of the ticket warden's fine issuing machines warnings etc.

"On the date and at the time of the contravention your permit was validated for the vehicle registration mark (VRM) P****. So, when the CEO typed the registration number of the parked vehicle into their handheld computer, your permit would not have appeared.

Therefore, the PCN was correctly issued.

You have stated in your correspondence that you had applied for a change of vehicle (COV) prior to the issue of the PCN.

Our records show that you requested a COV on 30/12/2023 at 16:36, however, we must remind you that under the terms and conditions of the Virtual Residents Permits Scheme, vehicle registration changes will be actioned within 2 working days of the request being made. A confirmation email will be sent when the change has been made and only at that point is the new vehicle active on the permit."

I have now received the notice to owner dated 16th of Feb and would like to appeal the PCN

Best wishes and Kind Regards

BB 

Council exerpt after my challenge.pdf

55 minutes ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

in a private cul de sac

makes no odds if the roads are maintained by the public purse.

58 minutes ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

I had recently made a vehicle numberplate swap,

59 minutes ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

On the date and at the time of the contravention your permit was validated for the vehicle registration mark (VRM) P****. So, when the CEO typed the registration number of the parked vehicle into their handheld computer, your permit would not have appeared.

59 minutes ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

Our records show that you requested a COV on 30/12/2023 at 16:36, however, we must remind you that under the terms and conditions of the Virtual Residents Permits Scheme, vehicle registration changes will be actioned within 2 working days of the request being made.

thats the only pleading you can make, human error by yourself as you didn't read the T&C's or whatever. appeal to their better nature. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to PCN for parking without a valid Zone D permit- Residents bay, where I am a resident! but swapped numberplates
1 hour ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

Our records show that you requested a COV on 30/12/2023 at 16:36, however, we must remind you that under the terms and conditions of the Virtual Residents Permits Scheme, vehicle registration changes will be actioned within 2 working days of the request being made. A confirmation email will be sent when the change has been made and only at that point is the new vehicle active on the permit.

When did they issue the PCN?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Correct however left it a bit late, due to stress reasons etc etc,

my point being the actual vehicle and I the owner/ keeper do have a valid permit, just at that time the vehicle reg did not match to what is kept on the council database!

20 hours ago, dx100uk said:
21 hours ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

Our records show that you requested a COV on 30/12/2023 at 16:36, however, we must remind you that under the terms and conditions of the Virtual Residents Permits Scheme, vehicle registration changes will be actioned within 2 working days of the request being made.

thats the only pleading you can make, human error by yourself as you didn't read the T&C's or whatever. appeal to their better nature. 

Looks like a bit of grovelling is called for...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service