PRA and old Barclaycard debt not used/heard of in years - SB'd?

Yorky55

Hy, Not sure if this is right place for this;

Advice  and fact needed please.

1] My understanding is, if you believe that you haven't contacted or  made payment for at least 6 years, then you can argue, Statute Barred, just reciveing a letter or statement, from Debt Collector, does not make it a enforceable debt, especially if you have no claimed it ever was.

2] No court [CCJ] or legal threat letters received

3] Out of blue, letter received, not even my proper address, stating if a one off final payment is made, then debt closed! 

But I dont recall debt and have not made contact with in the 6 years.

I dont think writing to them making acknowledgement of any kind is a good idea, as that then would suggest you know of the debt and your 6 years would be restarted.

What is the best course of action!

many thanks

If you've got a letter saying the "debt" is closed just file it and forget about it.

Don't enter into silly letter tennis if you don't have to. They're likely phishing for a response.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who is the mysterious DCA?

Check your credit file too.

And don't respond to a powerless DCA, you'll give them delusions of grandeur!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

why do you always make such obscure posts? speak ENGLISH..

if a debt is statute barred, send them our SB letter.

you cannot unbar a debt if it's already SB'd by doing that..not even a judge can unbar a debt.

:noidea:

however if the address they are using for you is not correct or current, i'e you RAN AWAY from the debt and never updated ANY original Creditor nor latterly the DCA/debt buyer you have moved IN WRITING.

you stand a very big chance of a backdoor CCJ even if the debt IS SB'd.

remember northants bulk is a ROBOCLAIM Court, everything is automated. no human checks anything. just gets rubberstamped as default judgement if you don't defend it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hy,

sorry I get so  scrambled with posts.

I still got the letter and enclosure its just they got part of the address wrong, haven't moved away, been here for quite a few years

PRA Group Letter 1 - says they recently sold the Barclays A/c debt to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd and is owned now  by them.

They are now data controllers of my personal  data for the a/c.

It has amount owed, who I owed to, agreement date Nov 2002.

In same envelope was;

Letter 2, providing a statement of my a/c,  Transaction breakdown available upon request. further information about original credit agreement. Debt is approx 4,300.00+ 

Then repayment solution , if I pay £879.55 full and final settlement to settle the debt. but has to be paid by 21/2/2024.

then about 7 pages of info about Data protection info notice

A lot has happened over last 10 years, especially the last few, nearly 64 now, had to give up work to be a full time family member carer. 

I cant seem to find much or if any info relating to this debt, 

I cant find any letters to say I contacted them with any info or payments offers.

what would the best option for me to proceed, please.

As i only get carers allowance and very little income, they wont get much out of me anyway.

any advice is better than none,

so sorry, Bazooka Boo, lolerz, its such a nightmare time at moment caught up with flooding and burst pipes, sorting travelling and caring full time  for my brother.

-PRA Group transferred my original debt, Barclays to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd.

reply to lolerz - sorry no letter from them or anyone who said debt is closed

reply to Bazooka Boo, well they are asking me to respond 

I can not recall ever responding to them ,have some boxes in attic, which are about 8 to 10 years old, will see if I can find anything.

they have given me a statement, a/c summary  and agreement date Nov 2002, which  I assume is when I did a credit agreement, but so long ago now.

I just need to get on top of it and know how to tackle it best.

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA and old Barclays debt not used/heard of in years - SB'd?

credit card

loan

or OD Bank Account?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA and old Barclaycard debt not used/heard of in years - SB'd?

if you have not used or paid in 6yrs 

send PRA our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library.

nail then in their box.

dx

and they