Fake Iphone 15

Saj3535

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience and get some advice on my recent purchase from Argos.

I purchased an IPhone 15 Pro Max from Argos and chose the click and collect option. I went to collect the IPhone today from my local Argos. Upon collection I noticed the packaging was dirty so i asked the argos collague if the phone was new, i was told by the Argos employee the security tags are in place so item is new.

I drove out of the Argos carpark and my wife opened the packaging and she noticed that the phone did not look like an Iphone, it felt very light and no apple logo on the back of the phone. Upon further inspection it turned out it was a fake iphone. Within 10 minutes of leaving the Argos carpark I returned to the store and informed them that I have been sold a fake iphone.

The Argos employee spoke with the store manager and they informed me a Full investigation will be performed and I will not recieve a refund or replacement until the investigation is complete, they are going to check cctv cameras and contact apple. I was told to take the fake iphone but I refused to do so.

I paid for the phone in part gift cards and debit card, I feel very frustrated and upset I was made to feel like I have done this on purpose by the Argos employees.

I called the Argos customer service and logged a complaint. A manager called me back and said they cannot deal with the complaint as I collected from a branch and the store manager is responsible for the complaint.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? What are my next steps here, any advice would be appreciated. 

i would use ceoemail.com and immediately let him know this is going on.

getting a refund from a giftcard purchase by the person it was given too is notoriously difficult, BUT the person that bought it for you could try a chargeback to their bank (assuming they used a debit card to pay for it?) 

you can do the same for the portion of the price you paid by debit card.

as for their investigation, if they involve the police, say an employee did it, this could elongate the process as they'd not want o tip the employee off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Hi,

The gift cards were purchased by me, I purchased through my employers perk programme offering 5% Off for a £500 argos gift card. They were not purchased direct from Argos.

I managed to save some money this way so i will get access to the gift cards if a refund is issued. I used 2 × £500 gift cards and £200 debit card payment.

I recieved a follow up call from the store manager and I was told they are trying to get in contact with apple about this, they have checked their cctv and the phone was recieved directly from apple, it has not been returned by a customer.

I will contact the ceo email ASAP

Edited by Saj3535

Each employee has access to the company perks, I have just checked the terms and conditions and it states once a gift card is purchased is it then the responsibility of Argos to issue a refund. 

I purchased the gift cards through the employee perks, I can try contacting them and see what they can do.

Ah that iPhone was delivered direct from Apple really I don't think so why you may ask.

1. It would not have been delivered direct from Apple to that Store it would have more than likely been delivered to Argos Warehouse then distributed to the relevant stores who place all high value items is a secure locked area.

2. The swapping of this phone could have taken place during the delivery to the Argos Warehouse or after delivery to the warehouse to the relevant store.

I think you need to write to Argos CEO and ask for full clarification that indeed this IPhone was delivered direct from Apple to XXXX Store and not delivered to an Argos Warehouse then distributed to XXXX Store or delivered from another Argos Store to XXXX Store you require the full chain of events that tracked that specific IPhone to XXXX Store.

Also remember Argos would have had a lot of Temp Staff during this period

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Look at the IMEI Number for that mobile phone.

Then do a google search and just type Check IMEI and you will see free online checkers where you just enter the IMEI Number to get the info on your mobile phone.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have done the IMEI check and under the black list status it is clean with the correct serial number. Is there something specific that I need to look for? 

I am completely baffled by all this, searching the net I have found other people have recieved fake iphones direct from apple.

I mean its not unheard of but to me it sounds like an xmas temp somewhere fancied a free phone.

Either way its argos’ issue to sort now.

you can drop their ceo a message or just contact your bank who will probably be equally helpful. 

Only thing I’d say is that you ask your bank what evidence you need (e.g pictures of the fake phone) before returning it to argos in case argos take it back then dont help, as you may invalidate your banks support

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi,

An update on this, recieved a call from Argos yesterday they are trying to get in touch with apple to block the phone. Was promised a call back today but so far no call recieved. 

Called my bank today regarding this, had an unpleasant conversation with the advisor who basically told me to wait until the investigation by argos is completed or wait 15 days from the transaction date to raise a dispute with the bank. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,  Could you confirm what happened at the end of all this , as I have just had the same issue, I brought an iPhone 15 and it turned out to be fake, and after the Argos investigation they do not believe this can happen from their side

Hi @Sahib

Welcome to CAG

As every case is different, please create a new thread by clicking the button labelled "Start new topic" on the front page.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

@Sahib please create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

This same thing happened to me. I got an iPhone 15 pro max from Argos, to cut the long story short, Argos sold a fake iPhone for me, till date they did nothing about it instead they claim I exchanged it. 

please create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

and they