• Tweets

• Good Evening, I received this pack yesterday its an application notice to change claimants. Will they be chasing me for this as they were successful with the first claim? many thanks Webb 1.Application Notice N244rd.pdf 2.Asset Transfer Deed r.pdf 3.Notice of Assignment Part A Letter 1 & 2rd.pdf 5.Claim Form rd.pdf 6.Draft Order rd.pdf
    • Hi, If they haven't followed the court's directions there will be little tolerance of the court. Anyway please can you upload a copy of the court paperwork
    • Yes, you should have applied for an immediate strike out as soon as the deadline expired. Without the agreement, they are stuffed Forget Barclaycard, Asset link is now the creditor, and it is down to them to provide the agreement.  That needs to go into the witness statement. They have not provided the agreement contrary to directions of the court and request the court strike out the claim as to the original court directions.
    • I did not receive a notice via post but in my claim status it shows my claim was transferred to a court I requested in my DQ, as it is closer to me.    Defense I filed:  1.       The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2.       The defendant paid the lead tenant a fixed sum monthly bill without fail for the extent of the rental period of the accommodation their contract was associated with who was responsible to make payments to the claimant, ending in June 2023. 3.       After moving out, a month later, the claimant wrote to state that an outstanding sum existed. Further stating, as one of the 10 tenants at the time, I now owed them the full sum instead of my 1/10 proportion of said debt, as 10 students were at the dwelling. They also intimated that they were legally allowed to charge me the full sum if the other renters were not to pay their share under some equal and joint severity rule. 4.       Despite sending numerous requests prior to the court claim being raised for copies of said bills for said utilities covered by the agreement, the claimant failed to send any clear bills. This included a CPR 31.14 on xx/xx/xxxx sent via post. 5.       The defendants stress that they acted in good faith to settle the outstanding balance, as evidenced by the confirmation received from the claimant.  Any subsequent demands for additional payments are unwarranted and contradict the claimant's previous acknowledgment of settlement. 6.       Pursuant to OFGEM code of back billing rules the alleged charges relate to charges which have not been billed correctly by Co-operative Energy and are therefore prevented from charging. With the court’s permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to: - a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement. b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed. c) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim. 7.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation                  that the money is owed. 8.It is therefore denied that the defendant is indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Helping daughter with DMP

Hi all

Long story short - daughter recently separated from husband and left with mountain of debt to pay off.

You guys thankfully helped me out some years back to deal with creditors, bailiffs, etc until I got sorted. (Thx dx100)

Is there a letter I can use to let her creditors know that I am helping her deal with her debt?

no need too..why do you need to tell them at all?

expand upon why you think you need to do this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100!! Nice to speak to you again.

Well, she's not in a very good place atm and I'm a bit anxious about her mental health tbh.  She's working 2 jobs to keep herself and her 5 year old son so I said I'd help her out.

I do intend passing on what I learned here a few years back but thought I'd get her started by writing to her creditors on her behalf.  

well you dont write upon her behalf, with as her. 

then they wont get confused.

can you list her debts please? use her credit file too.

original creditor.

the DCA if its been sold on

type of credit

when taken out

last payment date

how much outstanding 

what defaulted date is on her credit file.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nothing has happened yet dx100, however due to her circumstances (recently separated) she will no longer be able to pay.

I have advised her to open a new bank account and have her salaries paid into it and then stop paying Lloyds Overdraft, Lloyds Personal Loan, Lloyds Credit Card and MBNA CC.

She has been paying atm approx £600 per month for these debts but now can only afford about £200.  As soon as she stops paying I will draft up some letters for her creditors.  Once I get her statements I will check if unfair charges have been added.

I'll keep in touch here with each step and updated you, if only to try and help others! and I no doubt will have forgotten a thing or two!! so I might need some advice.

TIA :-)

get them all defaulted by the issuance of a default notice before she ever thinks of starting payments.

per id not send anyone anything until their DN appears.....

and id forget the OD totally .

dx

and they

Thx dx100 - yep, I've read a few threads here about OD's (hers is with Lloyds). 

To be honest most of her debts are with Lloyds -  loan/CC/OD and one with MBNA so really only 2 creditors to deal with.  But yeah, she's stopped her direct debits for these and I've asked her to sit tight and wait until she gets her Default Notices.

:eyebrows:

and they

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 11:51, dx100uk said:

get them all defaulted by the issuance of a default notice before she ever thinks of starting payments.

per id not send anyone anything until their DN appears.....

and id forget the OD totally .

dx

txt? who from? block and report all debt txts to spam 7726.

scan up this letter to pdf please read upload carefully.

as i said...until any of her debts get defaulted via the issuance of a default notice (if applicable) and a defaulted date appears on her credit file, you do not pro rata anything to anyone.

the prime objective here is to get them all defaulted on her credit file...THEN we'll look at whats next.

a few months even a year of no payments wont hurt anyone.

• Like 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Happy New Year! 

Just an update - daughter is now being charged daily by Lloyds for her overdraft - already she's over her overdraft limit because of these charges.  Should I SAR Lloyds yet?  I would like to get her account put on hold so they can't keep adding charges.

Cheers :-)

they'll do that anyway.

prob what 99% of the debt is made of anyway.

banks dont do court......they'll eventually sell it on.

and a debt buyer wont go near a courtroom door on an OD account whereby bank charges are involved.

which is why i said in the 1st place

forget any bank OD Debt totally.

stop panicking.

dx

and they

Quick update guys

Daughter has decided to send Financial Hardship letter to Lloyds with a breakdown of her I.E.  I will let you all know what they come back with.

wouldn't bother if i were you.

wont have any effect and all it will do is put pers financing details in your file that if they sell it on, a DCA will be able to look at in detail.

none of their business.

pers as its an OD debt. 

id just ignore it exists as i said above.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi All - update on the debts.

Default Notice has been sent to daughter for the loan.  She wants to start paying this off so she's done an I.E. sheet.  I have an SAR typed up for her to send aswell.

Just to weigh in here, I could tell you what happened to me, and how much of this kind of debt I was in but it would bore you..  She is wasting her time typing up SAR's etc and i.e sheets.  Also wasting hard earned money paying them one penny even, money that could be paying for her kid's food etc.

Even if she won the lottery tomorrow and paid off every penny, her credit rating would still be the same damaged as if she didn't pay back anything, that's why it's pointless.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks but she doesn't want to end up with CCJ's on her file and doesn't want to end up going to court either.  She would rather pay off her debts but can't afford to pay the full amounts atm.

There is a mis perception  that CCJ's 'end up' on People's files, like they just walked on there, it just doesn't work that way. Each debt that defaults will be brought by a debt buyer (DCA) such as Lowell or Capquest, likely for pennies in the pound. You need to use critical thinking skills here, why would a creditor sell a debt so cheaply?

The answer is, because most of them are unenforceable in court, and are very easy to defend, just read hundreds of cases on this forum for proof. Likely you are wondering why so many still receive CCJ's? I can guarantee you 99% of them are because most people think it's a smart idea not to inform the DCA when they have moved address. Due to a Quirk in English law that can result in an undefended default judgement.

Many defaulted debts won't go anywhere near a court, Out of 20 Creditors I had, only 4 tried.  That's why your Daughter is doing herself, her kids and you a massive disservice by paying a single penny.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Really? only 4???? wow ok, I'll have another word with her - she hasn't actually set anything up just yet.  Not sure she will agree with me though.

I on the other hand have received a DN for a fluid account - but that's for another thread :-)

Thank you for your input x

On 02/01/2024 at 18:32, dx100uk said:

banks dont do court......they'll eventually sell it on.

and a debt buyer wont go near a courtroom door on an OD account whereby bank charges are involved.

which is why i said in the 1st place

forget any bank OD Debt totally.

stop panicking.

dx

please ignore dont pay anything this is a bank OD debt.

stop letting her be a DCA Cash cow.

dx

and they

It actually makes things worse paying of defaults, read up on statute barred. 6 years from the day of default, a debt becomes Statute Barred, unless of course you keep making payments, in which care it resets the clock back to 6 years again.

Also forget about the moral angle, your daughter is just a number on a spreadsheet now , it's not like the money has been borrowed from friends , family or anything.