Scottish Power issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About Feb 2023 I receive letter out of blue from Scottish Power that I owe £4,900 unpaid bill for a flat I once lived in Scotland.

Now I live in England,

whilst I lived in Scotland; for about 5 months in 2004, I shared the flat that SP alleged I owe electric bills and we never owed electric bill, as far as I know.

I asked SP to prove the debt with documents as evidence, they didn't instead they're asking me to prove it with tenancy agreement that I wasn't the one owing. Please who should be the one to prove alleged debt?

I did SAR, they responded by asking me to log in to account on their website to download the documents. I obviously could not because I never created an account with them. They don't believe me.

They passed me details around to debt collection agents, so far they've engaged 3 DCAs.

Each DCA sent threatening letters and emails, etc.. so much harassments for debt I didn't owe.

I replied by requesting for proofs; the first 2 returned it to SP remaining LCS, the current threatening DCA.

I complained through resolver still no proof.

I contacted CAB, they checked and said SP wasn't the energy supplier whilst I was living in said flat.

CAB adviser transferred me to speak with SP through her referral contact,

upon answering the SP staff I spoke with said it was debt from 2013 to 2022 (they refused saying the exact date)

I had maintained that I last lived there in 2004.

In one of emails to me they lied that debt was from 2004 just to link me into it.

I said to the staff based on the period of consumption I was certainly not the customer owing your company.

The staff said he will investigate further.

Strange. I simply check on my credit file should prove to SP where I lived from 2013 till 2022.

SP also damaged my credit record with a default for this debt I am 100% certain that I never owed.

Terrible energy company,

I want to sue them for harassment, stress and for maliciously damaging my credit record preventing from getting credit facilities or at least a good credit facility.

It is for SP to do due diligence before taking on new customer.

If they did, they would know true identify of her potential customer.

I shouldn't be made to suffer for their mistake or incompetence.

I contacted FOS when they damaged my credit record,

they said I should contact Energy Ombudsman;

is there any point given that SP was never my supplier?

Will court action address this because SP should pay compensation for this, as they are still refusing to remove default from my credit record.

Please, any advise would be appreciated.

Sorry for long explanation.

the debt is statute barred and extinguished after 5yrs under scottish law.

dunno why you've been faffing around with uncle tom cobbly and all.

you should have simply sent our scottish sb letter.

end of the issue.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn't even owe any Scottish Power debt.

Scottish Power said debt was electric bill from 2013 to 2022. I wasn't living in that flat at period they said.

Scottish Power put default on my CF for debt I didn't owe.

I want to sue them for harassment and compensation

12 hours ago, rennai said:

whilst I lived in Scotland; for about 5 months in 2004, I shared the flat that SP alleged I owe electric bills and we never owed electric bill, as far as I know.

if you were resident there even if the util bill was not in your name you were there so still legally liable.

however, a default for that year under the ico rules in force at that time can only be on your file for 6yrs and must be registered within 3-6mts of them claiming you owe the debt.

Thats now well outside of the 6yrs default rule and the whole a/c should not be showing at all.

there is a case to seek compo if this default is still showing today.

your 1st port of call is the ico.

we need to see all your evidence, pop all comms in/out in date order into one multipage pdf and upload please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...