Brittania/DCBL ANPR PCN - PAPLOC - claimform - appeal refused - St Johns Road West Birmingham

In all honesty the offer was intentionally derisory - both for my own amusement and also to test their resolve for going to court.

Not being in writing works both ways - there was no commitment upon me to make the payment.

Anyway, fun's over - will keep everything in writing and see if they pay up to go to court.

Have a CPR request going off today.

I have received another letter today from DCB Legal dated 10/04/24 (so unlinked to yesterday's phone conversation).

It states:

"having reviewed the content of your defence, we are writing to inform you that our client intends to proceed with the claim.

The Court will direct both parties to file directions questionnaires in due course. In anticipation of that we are enclosing a copy.

Without Prejudice to the above, in order to assist the Court in achieving its overriding objective, our Client may be prepared to settle this case. Therefore, in the event you wish to discuss settlement, please call us"

Enclosed is their Directions questionnaire, including that they agree to the Small Claims Mediation Service. I presume sending me a copy of the small claims track form doesn't necessarily mean they've filed it and could be further scare tactics.

MCOL will tell you once they've filed it with the courts so just check there.

I'm sure the courts are massive fans of DCBL using official documents to harass and scare people (Not! :pound:)

Remember that the courts call the shots now, not the claimant.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread