Hyperoptic Delays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently moved to a new build property, and was advised in writing by Hyperoptic that their equipment was already installed in the property, so start up would be very prompt.

After about 5 weeks after that confirmation, I was able to confirm my completion date and an order was placed.

After numerous emails and phone conversations, I was finally connected to their broadband system 2 months later!

I made a formal complaint, and their response was inadequate, I asked them to send me a "Deadlock" email so I can pursue with OFCOM.

The email requesting the deadlock confirmation was sent to Hyperoptic on 25th September.

I have chased them twice since but still have had no reaction or reply.

What could be my next steps please?

Thanks for reading

t

What are you expecting to get from complaining? - dont take this the wrong way :) 

I work in the industry in this exact scenario. 

FKO

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You may not want to hear it but I'm afraid that claiming for these kinds of losses is extremely difficult.

Claiming for your time is probably impossible. If you have incurred expenses which were a direct unforeseeable result of a contractual breach then you stand a chance.

Maybe you can outline your losses as you see them:

Time

Expense

The reason for my post was to try and find out if there is any advice as to how I can pursue with OFCOM without a "deadlock" letter from Hyperoptic. They are not responding to my emails.

In their terms and conditions they have a set daily amount that they pay out for delays for providing their service etc. I had to pay out for a 4G dongle which they failed to provide, even though they had confirmed to me that they would provide FOC until proper connection

ofcom wont do anything.

if you have paid for a service you did not receive until xxx date

then if its a DD to them, go reclaim the sums up until it worked under the DD guarantee to your bank.

if it was done via a debit card - go do a CPA reclaim for the same duration period.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK

My contract is for 2 years.

I have received 2 seperate monthly bills to date, both of which are similar and agree with the"sign up" deal.

The charges on the bill are shown as:

"Monthly Service charge £* (actual charge shown on bill)

Your Promotional Discount Until *September 2025 £* (same as charge shown on bill)"

Not checked yet with the provider, but, going forward, what can I expect to pay monthly in the future? From the statements, can it be that the discount will be applied for 2 years? Surely not!

Thanks

t