Royal mail delivery prescription medication and confidential details to wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First time posting. Please could someone advise what my best course of action is? I ordered prescription medication from Boots (and paid £50). This was sent by royal mail tracked 48 and labelled with my correct address. However, when I didn't receive the item, I checked the tracking link provided to me by Boots and I can see that it was delivered to the wrong address a week ago (same flat number on a different street). I never received any tracking information directly from royal mail, otherwise I would have realised sooner. I am very concerned that someone else has not only received potentially dangerous prescription medication, but also has some of my confidential medical information as well as my name and address. I have contacted royal mail urgently but I'm yet to hear back.

First time posting.

Please could someone advise what my best course of action is?

I ordered prescription medication from Boots (and paid £50). This was sent by royal mail tracked 48 and labelled with my correct address.

However, when I didn't receive the item, I checked the tracking link provided to me by Boots and I can see that it was delivered to the wrong address a week ago (same flat number on a different street).

I never received any tracking information directly from royal mail, otherwise I would have realised sooner.

I am very concerned that someone else has not only received potentially dangerous prescription medication, but also has some of my confidential medical information as well as my name and address.

I have contacted royal mail urgently but I'm yet to hear back.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Have you now received a replacement prescription and you have your medication?
If so, has it cost anything extra?

What confidential medical information are you referring to?

I'm afraid that you are in a rather difficult position. There isn't a huge value and I'm afraid that trying to deal with Royal mail is extremely difficult.

If you have now obtained your medication then it is difficult to say that you have actually lost something and so that wouldn't be the basis of a claim.

Have you complained to Boots about this and if so what are they sent?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am getting a free replacement from boots.

I am most concerned about the breach of confidentiality. The person who received my parcel has at least my name, address and the medication I take. I am unsure what else would have been on the prescription but I expect probably my DOB and NHS number too. 

I'm yet to hear back about my complaint to royal mail.

I'm not sure what to say other than to continue your complaint and then complain to the information commissioner's office.

Was an ultimately nobody will be able to do anything at all and it was going to be frustrating for you.

Is even frustrating for me to give you the advice. Sorry

Happens quite often with me- when parcel is left by neighbour. I just go and collect. Two  times i got parcels which ones i did deliver to correct address some miles away- courier did drop off them at my address by accident.
If i would be in same situation like you- i would go to that address, knock the door and ask my prescription back. I do not see any risks there. Maybe parcel is sitting there unopened.
I am not adviser on the forum- just random guy reading posts.

Edited by Lex49