Chaddyowl V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chaddyowl --- getting near the winning post now!!!!

Good luck and best wishes.

jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Jaxads,

On phone they were adamant that they paid no court costs or interest. Nearly caved in and accepted but stuck with it.:(

Hope this will be over soon.:eek:

Got another in court for Mint card. they too say no way they pay up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Didn't get my intrest but got my court costs of £250, she didn't haggle much dont know what their playing at? thought you would get a settlement before me as I was a day or two behind. I say I got it, but I'll wait untll it's in my account.

Hi chaddyowl,

Have a look at Paul v. Halifax thread near top of page 1...he got everything he claimed which included interest & Court fees!! Don't let them wear you down...easier said than done I know but if they pay 1 person the full amount then surely they can't start moving the goalposts can they??!! Although I do realize that this is a Bank we're dealing with!! Good Luck anyway!! :)

well done jmuggali.

I'm gonna hold out for the interest as well, after all they would if the other way around.

I agree with you they cought me off guard, but I got my 250 so not all bad, lost out on 850 intrest :( hope you get it all, I'm holding out for the 2nd lot as it's over 1k intrest this time.

Update!!!!!!

Letter from Lisa at Halifax today offering £4443 which was rejected.:(

Todays figure is £5664 as they added more charges on today.:eek: :eek:

I entered Judgement yesterday for £5549.01. Can i amend this figure to include the extra charges added today??????

Once you have filed at court the only way to add charges is to pay an unrefundable fee of £35, but now you have filed judgement, your money should be with you soon. :D

So you will prob have to claim again. But remember if you do you might need a parachute account.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I just called the Halifax to see if I could settle on mine. They offered me £262 of £671 and like yourself told me thry don't pay back any interest charges. So off to court on Monday to file my N1. Does anyone know the address you have to send this schedule of charges to for their solicitors or is it just the old halifax one? I take it you need to send the one with interest?

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/11/06

Statements Received 02/12/06

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Hi seaside,

I already have that in place, they have intimated in 2 letters about closures and i have 3 accounts with them.:eek:

They are naughty people LOL:eek:

I will see what they come up with. Thanks

They're right, they DON'T pay interest...until you've filed at a court. I would take an offer near my requested amount to avoid the hassle of court. Also, a judge will be pretty quick to throw you out if he or she hears that the bank had offered you the full amount and you only refused it because you wanted the "Little Xtra".

• 2 weeks later...