I've just received a letter...

ProtocolStack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Ive just started a fight with Barclays, did so after reading the BBC article. Ive just found this forum, good to know there will be help along the way :D, although i hope this will be short and sweet.

I sent them the standard 14 day letter asking for just under £1k, the total amount that I have statements for over the last 6 years. I dont have 2005 statements. The reason I havn't asked for 2005 statemets is in hope they will be more likely to pay out quicker. 2005 is probably about £200.

Question 1. Was that a good idea?:-|

They have replied within 5 working days, saying they 'are sorry to hear im unhappy', and will 'let me (gee thanks!!) have an answer or update no later than 17th January'. A complaints procedure manual was enclosed.

Question 2. I do not want to wait untill 17th Jan, I want to file against them within 14 days of my original letter. Is this a good idea? Also, shouldi give them 14 'working' days?:-|

Question 3. If Barclays stall too much, or just annoy me more, and i decide to claim the full amount owed to me (re: 2005 aswell), will the fact that my original letter only claimed for £1k work against me?:|

Thanks

It's my money...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can claim any of the maximum amount your entitled to within the six year period. All the charges you want to claim back, must be on you N1 claim form. If you ammend the claim to include the 2005 charges at a later date, you'll have to file in a form (N244 I think) and pay the appropriate fee (£35 I think).

You need to allow them 14 days to reply to your prelimary letter, and then an additional 14 days to reply to your letter before action. If the letter they have sent you is in reply to your LBA, you can start the claim process after the 14 days.

I doubt they will settle any quicker just by leaving out the 2005 charges.

• Haha 1

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

You'll be hooked mate I guarantee. You'be going after your credit cards after you've finished with Barclays.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellows,

Happy new year to all.

I sent my first letter explaining that I believe charges to be illegal and asked for £1000 within 14 days or I take them to court. I received the standard letter saying they will reply no later than mid-january. They have now replied offering just under £500. Obviously this is not good enough. Whats next?:-|

Can someone confirm that i need to reply to barclays now, giving them 7 days or i will start court action (as posted by Karnevil earlier)?

I would also like to call them explaining i know i will win in court so they are better off just paying me all my money now. Is that a good idea? My offer letter is from Lynnette Jeffreys, anyone had any experience with her :confused:?

Thanks.

It's my money...

just send them the next letter as showin the the FAQ - your looking for the, Ill accept as a partial settlement and will continue to persue the rest - letter

I wouldnt call them just yet, you'll probably just rattle them more!

My offer letter was from her, i sent the thanks ill accept but ill continue for the rest - she responded with the usual "if you sign it you cant continue your claim"

So i just went to MCOL as i had previously gave them 14 days and went on with my claim from there.

• Haha 1

Thinking the first hirdle would be the easiest, i was suprised when Barclays wrote saying i could not have access to all my info i had requested, 2000-03 they will not release, stating it in not classed as personal info when i have requested a breakdown of charges as against just the statments, [need to breakdown to be clear of what they have over charged for]2000-03 they will not give me this breakdown. wot to do now

any ideas????

• Haha 1

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Thanks, found the templates, i cant see the last 3 replies in the thread but once I do you will all get +reputation from me:)

ill keep u updated on my progress!:D

Quick question, has a bank EVER won a case like this?

It's my money...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

As expected Baclays have failed to improve their offer, infact they have failed to reply at all! Ive given them 14 days plus an extra couple, I'm happy to start the ball rolling on court action, but im a little confused...

Do i now fill in an N1 form or an MCOL form? Whats the difference?

Help, as always, is much appreciated.

It's my money...

Do i now fill in an N1 form or an MCOL form? Whats the difference?

Help, as always, is much appreciated.

You can fill out a paper N1 and hand it in at your local county court, or you can file one online with MCOL. If you use MCOL, you can check progress of your claim online.

Do an up to date spreadsheet/schedule of charges the day you start MCOL, so that you have an accurate figure to enter in the Particulars of claim(POC)with the 8% interest added on.

In the templates library youll find all the tips and info that you need to complete the Particulars of Claim/N1.

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

hallo could you give me the abbey national address so i can send my first letter off asking for the 6 years accounts. can that be extended to about 10 years? also do you have access card address i have looked about this site but cannot find it,

thanks

martin

hallo could you give me the abbey national address so i can send my first letter off asking for the 6 years accounts. can that be extended to about 10 years? also do you have access card address i have looked about this site but cannot find it,

thanks

martin

Hi martin,

Please read over all the FAQ's, and then start your own thread in the relevant forum e.g Abbey.

Most people are only claiming 6 years, but there are a few exeptions of people going back even further.

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys and gals,

I've rejected an offer of 50% from my bank and have informed them of court action if the full amount is not received by a early Jan 07. That date has now expired and I wish to start a claim. Having spent hours reading all the faq's and notes (:!:highly recommended any newcomers, in fact, a must), I am In a position to send one more letter and start my claim.

My letter will be similar to the LBA, including a final notice of court action

(I previously said I would do it in early Jan. but I've been a bit busy), that I will be using a copy of Peter McNamara's BBC Radio interview comments. I will include a copy. Finally a request for a breakdown of the actual costs incurred to them by my 'transgressions' on the dates that I have been unlawfully charged. I think that should prepare me nicely, even if they refuse I have that as evidence I have tried to get this resolved between us.

1) I have not stuck to the date that I initially said I would commence a court claim. Will this adversely affect my case?

2) I am not claiming for the full amount from the past 6 years. I do not have my 2005 statements and I do not wish to get them, it is minimal. Will this adversely affect my case?

3) How cool is the CAG?:D

Cheers

P

It's my money...

Hey,

Doeas anyone have any advice on the two questions I asked yesterday? No response as yet and that is slightly worrying me :s

Have i put my case at risk??

I would really appreciate any informed advice beforeI send my letter tomorrow!

Thanks!

P

It's my money...

I have not stuck to the date that I initially said I would commence a court claim. Will this adversely affect my case?

No, you were just giving them extra time to reconsider their position before you commenced action.

I am not claiming for the full amount from the past 6 years. I do not have my 2005 statements and I do not wish to get them, it is minimal. Will this adversely affect my case?

Not at all. My first claim with Lloyds TSB was for the first four years. After they settled I went back for the last two.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Forgot to say, if you have already sent the LBA, I personally wouldn't bother sending another letter (up to you though). As to including evidence, again I wouldn't bother. Its very unlikely you'll get a settlement any earlier.

Once you've filed your claim, have a look through the banking templates library to familiarise yourself with the allocation questionnaire. This will be the next step after Barclays enter their defence.

Your doing fine, don't panic.....

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here