Help with debts Barclaycard, Zopa, Novuna

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need advice with my debts.

So far no missed payments, but I found myself in a position, where I will not be able to pay them all.

The very maximum I can spend each month is £150.

At the moment my instalments for loans are £326 + interest on overdraft (Barclays) £25 + interests on barclaycard balance £145. The total is around £500 / month.

1. Novuna Personal Finance (previously Hitachi) balance left: £2332  monthly payment is £131 , end of loan 25/04/2025. I had a loan with them in the past, which I paid of earlier.

2. Zopa balance: £3560, monthly payment £195,  end of loan around May 2025. Agreed to be reduced for 6 months to £25 / month. I have contacted them personally. I had a loan with them in the past, which I paid of earlier.

3. Barclays credit card: limit £6500, Used £5047. This is the most painful one. I am paying the minimum payment of £145 / month, but the balance doesn't go down. I am paying interests only for couple of years now - not using it, eventually want it to be closed.

4. Barclays overdraft, £2000, used £1000. I am paying the interests only. Eventually want it to be closed.

Thank you,

seb

well you could try the gov't breathing space scheme or you could have a look at our pro rata letters in the debt collection section of our library.

one thing i would do is get ALL income paid into a parachute account ASAP 

then you are in charge not a bank that you have an OD with that snatches most if it each month.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...