Managing own £24K debts after 1 year on a fee paying DMP

no cca after 12+2 working days = NO PAYMENT till they comply and we check it.

cant hurt you any to stop ALL payments that meet the above criteria.

dx

PS are you going to remove your name on each letter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whoops. Didn't realise my name was on there!

Also,  cabot don't seem to have a way for me to cancel paying without calling them.  :(

It's a CPA too so I'm glad I stuck it on a "Virtual" Card, even if I do have to change the details for the other things I'm paying back (thankfully, they're all just debts, and it's only been cabot who've been a pain about changing things)

put up a new version we will swap it out

as for the payments

you ring your bank and cancel the CPA's

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

changing/cancelling a debit card DOES NOT CANCEL A CPA.

you must ring the bank and cancel the CPA 

PDF sorted.

dx

and they

Letter back from LF1

We write further to your request for account documentation under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.  Unfortunately, the original creditor has confirmed that they are currently unable to comply with your request within the 12-day initial timeframe.

Although the account is currently unenforceable the outstanding balance remains collectable and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue the reporting of a default.

We will contact you further upon receipt of an update from the original creditor.

This is the Lloyds CC that I made a complaint to Lloyds about, and they rejected.  That complaint has now been passed to the FOS -  I guess the above gives me some ammo.

Love how they're blaming the OC - when it's them who needs to provide it.

Large envelope in the post this morning from PRA re: Barclaycard.

Scanning up 1st page of letter, as 2nd is just signature, and the rest are copies of statements (Feb 2021-Mar 2022)

From what I've read - PRA mostly only ever get back statements from BC, and I'm lucky they've not tried to fake a CCA with me, and have admitted it's UE

Surprised I didn't get the other two back today.  They'd all be on the same deadline, so should've had the 12 day letter at the same time.

PRA - Barclaycard redacted.pdf

Edited by Mezzle
attach letter

Response from PRA today re: one of my CCAs for my bank loan.

They seem to have included a Loan Agreement - but not statements, and they've listed it as unenforcable.

@dx100uk - any chance you could have a look and give me your perspective on what they've responded with?  Is it likely that this would stand up if they do provide statements?

PRA - Lloyds Loan 1 copy.pdf

statements are somewhat immaterial, its a statement of the account, i&e its balance and they simply do that by the sum in their letter.

i notice you are using a pdf editor  - you do realise any pdf editor can be used to removed your blanking - redact as jpg files then turn to pdf.

i will gather you do remember signing the agreement online by getting that password and typing it in?

and they

I did take the loan out, yes, and applied online

I went back in my archives and it matches the original, so to me it seems as if it meets requirements. But they’ve said in the first page it’s UE, so I’m confused

I’ll look at the edited pdf. Thought the editor I was using redacted properly, but maybe it only does if I flatten

the agreement is most certainly enforceable esp as you now say you can match it.

but im a wee bit puzzled why they say its UE , poss the debt not the CCA, 

they'd have to produced the default notice and the notice of assignment if they were to try and go anywhere

now ive looked briefly but i cant see what led you to stop paying lloyds (and when was your last payment?) should be on your credit file and the defaulted date please?

did you have any comms with lloyds about not paying and tell them the reason etc, im trying to work out why they've sold it on for 10p=£1

dx

and they

When I started the (paid for) DMP - it was listed as part of my debts - at that point I slowed down paying Lloyds, and they sold it on fairly instantly (they sold all my accounts on)

I didn't have comms with Lloyds directly - the DMP company did that.

Going through my letters, I have NOA from Lloyds and PRA.  I have a letter from Lloyds saying they're closing the account (and need to send me a default notice) and a notice of "arrears" from PRA. I don't seem to have a DN anywhere.

Credit file says Default was recorded in October 2022.  I paid Lloyds directly until the DMP started in July 2022 - DMP paid them until October 2022, and started paying PRA in November 2022

Payments were reduced at the point of taking out the DMP - but have continued through to last month to PRA

Just looked through all the correspondence I forwarded onto the DMP company.  Lloyds sent me a notice of sum in arrears, and a "We're closing your accounts" letter - but it doesn't seem I ever actually received a DN.  For anything with them.

Edited by Mezzle

gonna be fatal to any court claim this no DN.

and the debt owner cant now send a DN on an account terminated by the OC as the agreement is terminated.

there is a slight chance lloyds sent a DN to the DMP co. directly and you thus would never have seen it?

this MUST have been done BEFORE the actual termination by LLoyds.. it doesn't sound like it?

when did you send this bundle off to that fee sucking DMP ? 

were you sent letters they got direct to the DMP co.  after they took over?

was this the same MO for all your lloyds debts?

and they

Lloyd’s sent letters to me for everything else, so surely they wouldn’t send only dn to DMP co? Also, wouldn’t that mean they didn’t serve a dn to the person in the agreement?

i don’t have any dn related to any of my Lloyds debts. 

The letters I received were forwarded to the dmpco as I received each one, I didn’t get any copies of letters sent to DMP co - should I sar all that?

All 4 debts were the same - though a couple had an extra “we’ve paused interest” letters before the sum in arrears

I’ll upload it tomorrow, but the letters saying they’re closing my account state  “we’ll have to send you a default notice first before we close it “

Here's the last letter before the notice of assignment

Lloyds Closure Loan 2 - Redacted.pdf

i would say going by the date of that letter and the defaulted date registered on your credit file (not just a D in the cal section) they did issue a dn. a cra will not put a date against the summary details were it says defaulted date =    otherwise.

you could sar lloyds yes

hit sar

send as is

do not specify any other details you want everything they hold on you

however what you get back you keep to yourself!

and they

stuff all to do with the DMP.

the OC is your target, cause if they don't have it, then neither can PRA get ahold of it, and if they magic one up...you'll know its A FAKE. 

forget how many times here we've seen DCA's fake paperwork every year and they still get away with it.

and they

Update:  2x Cabot U/E letters

No response from JCIA - either via them or via BW - worth dropping them a "You're non-compliant, I'm stopping paying" letter?

No response from Lowell, either directly or via Wescot - I'm actually a little surprised by this one, given Lowell are a name mentioned here a LOT.  But - same as above ?

Other than that - just waiting on one more from PRA - but as that's my other loan, I won't be surprised if it ends up U/E too

you never enter into silly letter tennis.

just stop paying the lot,

another dca cash cow removed from their fleecing milking parlour.

so how much debt has one simple letter to each written of in total now?

dx

and they

£13,382.82 worth of letters stating unenforcable

£2835.21 that I expect to still get an unenforcable response from

£3,120.45 I've had no response from.

There's still a chance that some of them can come back with something though, so we'll see :) but I'm hopeful.

Link have come back with something re: Lloyds CC Debt.

They have included

• A reproduction with half the contract, and ticks for signatures (see later, the CCA goes into point 21, whereas the one with my "signature" (tick) only goes up to S.10) - this has correct address as of date of CC being opened
  • A template with my current address inserted for a CC that doesn't match the terms of the other two provided (though, it was a slightly better interest rate than they gave me)
  • A copy of what seems to be the template CCA with my (old) address inserted.

As far as I can see, the last one is "correct" other than the "General Credit Card conditions" not seeming to be included 

I've also had a text message from PRA saying they've put my account on hold for 14 days (probably cause I cancelled all the payments to them)

Link - Lloyds CC redacted-flat-smush.pdf

Edited by Mezzle

from page 4. appears to be a online sign up dated 2016 , it contains all the prescribed terms it needs, however the doc itself has no date and there appears to be no IP address stated of what machine or where this was signed up from 

from page 11. are a template copy of a set of t&c's and should have the address at take out time. but no date on them from what year they are from.

from page 30. are a template copy of a set of t&c's and have the address at take out time. but no date on them from what year they are from.

imho no deal link

dx

and they

From page 4: this is also a truncated version of the terms

from page 11 - this doesn’t seem to match any of the docs I’ve seen related to this account. Possibly current terms? 

from page 30 - I believe these are the correct terms

Based on that, I don’t think they’ve given me the right things, but I think it’s trivial for them to put together the right thing

re: it not showing ip etc, is this required? I read they don’t need to even show a signature block for a recon?

but they are not stating its a recon.

dx

and they