W/Machine leaking, bought on Amazon in March this year - what now?

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.
I need to update another thread I have running but in the meantime, I must post this:
-March 2023 Purchased new Samsung washing machine

-Last week it developed a leak where the seal has a chunk missing 

-AO, who sold it via Amazon, are only offering £60 towards the £150 cost of repair (but in their early responses they stated that 'You are in luck, it is still under warranty with Samsung so they will repair it for you'.
-Samsung say that being as it is physical damage, the warranty is invalid

-A quick Google seems to suggest that this is a big problem with Samsung washing machines

-Amazon say 'You are not eligible to request a refund
Sorry, this order is not eligible for a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee because the order is too old.

What do you suggest is the best course of action I take, please?

If goods fail within the first 6 months of delivery the fault (or whatever it is) is deemed to have been present at the time of sale unless the seller can establish otherwise.  If the seller cannot do so they must either replace or repair.  They only have one opportunity to replace or repair.  If the fault remains you can reject the goods for a full refund.  (But if after 6 months, the seller can deduct an amount from the refund to reflect the use you have had of the item)

See sections 19, 20, 23 and 24 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk)

So can the seller establish that the "fault" has been caused by your misuse or handling of the machine, and that it was not present at sale?

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that.
No, I do not believe that they can.
P.S. Interestingly, Amazon have now got involved and have set the seller, AO, an ultimatum of repair or refund. Didn't expect that!! I will update you....