Drove from France to london - Picked up 6 ULEZ TfL charges because French hybrid car was not pre-registered on their site - nor knew you had too!! EPC Chasing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, F18 said:

Ahh. Where are the PCNs then? "receiving the PCN" would be actually a real letter from tfl then I guess, not EPC plc third party?

I had a quick look online and there are several examples of a TfL ULEZ PCN and and they are all similar to this example

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.National Consumer Service.com%2Flofiversion%2Findex.php%2Ft128654.html&psig=AOvVaw3Qj6YnoERO9G67SUs606u1&ust=1683302327668000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBIQjhxqFwoTCICirJaE3P4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAR

My French isn't that great but the document you put in your Post #1 looks to me like a more or less direct translation into French of page 1 of a TfL PCN. If, that is, "Attestation de frais" is the French equivalent of "Penalty Charge Notice" in this context.

The English PCN states that it is TfL who can take action if the amount is unpaid [Failure to pay ... "may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court"] and the same phase appears in the French document [..."peut déclarer le solde impayé  auprès du Tribunal d'arrondissement (County Court)."]. 

So my guess is the documents your inlaws have received are the TfL PCNs, not a DCA's 'invoice'.

Alright, so i'll do the PE2 (as I am "late") and PE3 forms as well as my letter with evidence posted to tfl. Hope they're accepted being submitted by me and not the actual motorist who is in France. I guess in field "applicant" I put my name rather than "son in law"

What a nightmare for something that isn't clear at all in the first place (need to register foreign vehicle).

It says email is best option for time sensitive things, so I assume i'd need to upload the PE2 and PE3s via the same form as I used to write a simple note with attached proof of hybrid car.

The reason in PE3 i'm giving is that the letters received aren't the PCNs, but that seems to be in doubt now as they look to be a direct translation of the tfl PCNs. 

Edited by F18

6 hours ago, Ethel Street said:

may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court"

pcn's were decriminalised in the uk years ago, use of a uk county court (civil) means that this is simply 'a debt', unpaid TfL PCN's thus cannot be a debt enforceable in a civil county..NOR IN ANY COURT..if TfL wanted to enforce a pcn it would be in a criminal court (a magistrates court-a fine) but they can't... so it's a letter from a dca hence it mentions 'debt'.  not the real pcn's from TfL.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well here’s to hoping these letters my in laws received are not the “real” PCNs, and that in the next couple weeks tfl reply to my email and letter with enclosed evidence with a “they’ve been cancelled”. If not, I’ll try the pe2 pe3 form approach…