Barclays Bank Mortgage prisoner - the computer says no.

Paul Walton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a crazy one I'm trying to help a friend out with. I don't have all the details, but here goes.

12 years ago, my friend, let's call him Bill, was bankrupt. At the time, his house was in negative equity. His wife ran off with another woman, leaving him with two young girls. At the time, Bill did not get a clean break agreement, the logic being he did not have the money, and he had nothing left anyway!

12 years later, Bill wanted to get a better rate in his sole name, but the bank said no, you don't earn enough ( never missed a payment in 12 years!)

They have some sort of court order saying she is not liable if Bill does not pay the mortgage.

Bill, as crazy as this sounds, in a situation where Barclays is refusing to put the mortgage in his sole name, his ex is saying if you don't take me off the mortgage, I will force you to sell the house, pay me my remaining £25k ( she despite not supporting their children for 12 years got half his pension - another story)

How can he force Barclays to take her name off and see how bonkers this situation is. £97k mortgage value circa £350k

it is a crazy situation to be in and seems a hard nut to crack without their permission.

but it seems she is willing to be removed?

so cant he get get her to agree it?

WWW.CHARCOL.CO.UK

Your ex can’t simply take your name off the joint mortgage or the title deeds without your knowledge or permission. We explain how they could go about...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

She won't budge until she gets the money, i.e. the £25k, he has had a letter from her solicitors saying to pay up by the end of May or we will force the sale even if it results in bankruptcy again. Common sense would think Barclays would see how ridiculous the situation is, but no. He would be paying less a month, due to the high rate he is stuck on ! he can raise the £25k  (Via pension and pay a chunk of tax) Could the FOS help?

It really is crazy