Unknown CCJ - possible ID Theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just found a Ccj against me, at an address I have never lived at.  I did use the address for 6months as a contact address whilst abroad, but the friends who lived there moved out in 2017, i returned to the UK Jan 2017 and the Ccj, which I am not responsible for was granted in August 2020. 

I am waiting to speak with the credit reference co but I want to see the court bundles and evidence of this supposed debt asap. I have never been in debt, over drawn or missed a payment so I am concerned that post may have gone to the address and used for fraud.  

if it had been at all related to me, a credit check would have found me, along with my employer (with whom I have been employed for nearly 4 decades) so IF it was linked to me and for some hideously reason I missed paying someone, they would have found me. 

How do I report this as fraud? Am I entitled to have all relevant court documents sent to me? 

Thanks. 

Fraud? You are getting ahead of yourself. From what you say there's no evidence of fraud at the moment.  Just a court claim and CCJ against you that you don't know about. Maybe there is fraud but you need more evidence than this to come to that conclusion.

The first step is contact the court and find out what this is about. Get copies of all the documents then come back here and tell us what you have found. 

You need to find this out from the court before we can advise you what to do next.

• Thanks 1

Boy oh boy, when I came back from Canada I had some CCJ's, none of them were fraud, all of them for long forgotten debts. the actual debts had disappeared off the credit file, so it looked like they were there in isolation. 

As for the credit check having found you, wrong again. It actually suits your creditors to have the wrong address eg you're last known address. That means they issue a judgement and win by default because you don't know about it. Like I did you have just learnt the hard way that you need to always update your creditors when you move.

Quick question, do you own a property?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

nothing to do with you needing to contact any credit ref agency...where did you ever get that idea from?

have you a copy of the claimform's particulars of claim please?

and name names. who's the claimant and what was the supposed debt? i suspect, as you have, someone used your details, but sadly that is p'haps somewhat YOUR FAULT, because you should have updated everyone in writing of your new address.

the original creditor would have undoubtedly sold the debt on to a DCA/Debt buyer, then sadly, as they legally  can, they used that address too.

hence you knew nothing about it.

dx 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Unknown CCJ - possible ID Theft