• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ebay PS4 'Lost' by Evri

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon Everyone,

On Feb 6th I sold my Playstation 4, 2 games and a controller on Ebay for a sum of £139.99

I sent the package with Evri to the buyer (sent from me in North London to South London) and declined any sort of insurance- hindsight is brilliant! 

The package's tracking ceased to be updated on Feb 15th and after enquiring with Evri via their chat bot system-  impossible to speak t a human- they confirmed after a number of days that the item had been lost and is unrecoverable. 

I have been directed to Packlink in order to submit a loss/damage claim which I believe will result in me receiving the standard £25 compensation.

Having looked at the threads on this site I have seen that I am definitely not the only person who has suffered a similar situation here.

My question is do I sit and accept their £25 compensation of is there a pathway which I am likely to receive my money back from Evri/Packlink?

During tough financial times for so many of us right now I am reluctant to simply lose out on my Ebay sale but if I am going down a road without any hope of success then all I can do is take the £25 and never use Evri again.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or help.

Oli

Don't accept anything. Read lots of the stories on the subforum. And I mean a lot.

You will soon understand the principles and you will soon understand that we will help you get full reimbursement .

Monitoring this thread for a fuller reply later on but do the reading first

Okay, first of all once you have read the stories on the sub- forum you will understand that you have pretty well 100% chances of success. Also you will understand the process and you will understand that it will take several months but you will win with our help. Also you will learn a lot about the procedure for making this kind of claim and that will help you if anybody gets in your way in the future.

Make sure that you understand that you don't need to deal with Packlink even though EVRi will attempt to tell you that you don't have a contract with them and so you must go to Packlink. Make sure you understand the significance of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act and how this applies to you.

You will also understand that you don't need the insurance and in fact the insurance which is offered by all courier companies is a scam. It is in effect selling you rights which you already enjoy under the consumer rights act 2015, so don't worry about that either.

While reading the stories please write a letter of complaint to EVRi. Take it clear to them that you will not be going to Packlink and that you are not fazed by the fact that you did not have insurance and that you want your money back.

Don't set a deadline but after about seven days or so, come back here whether they have responded not and we will then move on to sending a letter of claim.

If you want you can draft a letter of claim as well and post it here.

However it is essential that you have done the reading

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon here is my 'Letter of Complaint' I will be sending via email to Evri CEO at [email protected]

Any advice/ thoughts in advance are appreciated.

Many Thanks 

28/03/23

Dear Evri Parcelnet Limited, 

I am writing to complain about the loss of my parcel (numberXXXXXXXXXXXX) and seek full reimbursement. Below is a summary of my experience with your courier with the specific timeline of events: 

06/02/23 I used your service to send a parcel under the above reference number. 

06/02/23 15:25pm 

We're expecting your parcel to arrive with us soon and we'll update your tracking once we've received it

06/02/23 15:50pm 

We've received your parcel at the ParcelShop and will be collecting it shortly

07/02/23 19:49pm  

Your parcel is being sorted at the sender's local depot 

08/02/23 02:30am

We're processing your parcel at our hub 

07/02/23 14:55pm Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we'll let you know when it's out for delivery

07/02/23 19:49pm

We've received your parcel at the ParcelShop and will be collecting it shortly

09/02/23 09:56am

We’re sorry your parcel has been delayed. We’re working to getting it on it’s way on the next working day and we’ll let you know once it’s out for delivery

25/02/23 06:45am Confirmed as lost by Evri Customer Services

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your parcel and for advising us that your parcel has not been received.

I have conducted an extensive search and unfortunately, our tracking system is currently unable to locate your parcel. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since we last received a tracking update, I must unfortunately deem this parcel unaccounted for.

The fact that your tracking system is simply ‘unable to locate’ my parcel is unacceptable. To this specific point, as the parcel was either lost or stolen whilst under your care, I am submiting this formal complaint to claim full compensation for my missing parcel with a total value of £139.95 

Please note that I will not be approaching Packlink regarding this issue and I will not be accepting your refund of postage or standard £25.

I look forward to your swift response to this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

• Like 1

Here is my response from Evri, essentially sending me over to Packlink

Is the next stage for me to submit a letter of claim to Evri?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding parcel **********.

Thank you for contacting our CEO, Martijn De Lange. My name is Tariq and Martijn has asked me to investigate this matter on his behalf.

First of all I would like to begin by apologising for this parcel not being received, which you would now like to claim compensation for.

I understand your frustration with this matter and if I was in your shoes, I would not be happy about this either

I can see that you purchased the shipping label for this parcel via Packlink. While your parcel was sent using the Evri network, Packlink are regarded as the carrier in this situation as they provided you with the shipping label. This means that any claims for parcels which have become lost, damaged or delivered late will need to go directly to them so they can discuss the appropriate next steps with you. I have added a useful link below to assist you:

Packlink Help Centre: https://support.packlink.com/hc/en-gb

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Evri Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Yes, you should send a letter of claim straight away .

If you have done your reading then you will know exactly the arguments to make .

Get your letter of claim ready and post a draft of it here in PDF format.

• dx100uk changed the title to Ebay PS4 'Lost' by Evri

Please see attached my Letter of Claim which I intend to send to Evri.

Would you recommend emailing to martijn.delange@evri.com or does it need to be physically posted via recorded delivery?

Many Thanks.

Evri Parcelnet Limited 

Capitol House 

1 Capitol Close 

Morley 

Leeds 

West Yorkshire 

LS27 0WH 

03/04/23

Dear Evri Parcelnet Limited, Re: Letter of claim : Missing parcel xxxxx (Packlink ref: xxxx)

RE: Lost parcel with a value of £139.95

Email Reference: xxxx

Packlink ref: xxxx

On 06/02/2023 I used your service to send a parcel under the above reference number. The parcel was received at the ParcelShop 06/02/23 15:50pm. The following day on the 7th February 2023 19:49pm, the parcel was being sorted at the local depot. On 08th February 2023 at 02:30am the parcel was at your hub being processed. On 09th February 2023 at 09:56am the parcel was reported as delayed with a statement confirming I would be informed once it had been sent out for delivery.

Finally on 25/02/23 06:45am the parcel was confirmed as lost by Evri Customer Services.

Through your negligent handling of the delivery, the parcel did not arrive at its destination and as illustrated above, you have since declared that it has been lost and/or damaged. Please receive this letter as my intention to inform you that I'm proposing to take legal action against you and if you do not reimburse me £139.95 being the full value of the parcel which has been lost by you plus the wasted costs of delivery. If you decline to reimburse me, then will apply my third party rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days from the date of this letter, I will issue legal proceedings against you in the county court without any further notice.

Yours Sincerely,

txt of docx files copied to your posts

dont put up docx files

all your pers details are in file info/properties

PDF only!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, the letter of claim is okay. Send it off and start preparing your particulars of claim because as we all know, EVRi will force you into court in order to waste your time and taxpayer's money as well.

Has anyone had experience of going down this route at all?

WWW.GOV.UK

Use Form N1 to make a claim against a person or organisation to settle a dispute. Includes notes N1A, N1C, N1D and N1(FD).

why are you going off on google....

type in evri in our search.

and READ UP. about 20-30 evri claimform threads

100's of court Claim threads Here already

detailing EXACTLY what to do.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 hours ago, OliRK said:

Has anyone had experience of going down this route at all?

This route that you have found is simply a way of beginning exactly the same kind of process that you are being advised to accept using paper instead of doing on the Internet.

It is more complicated and will take longer.

The process that we are helping you with is an Internet-based process but uses exactly the same judicial system.

Of course if you want to go your own way then that is completely up to you but you should let us know if you are deciding to follow a different path because then we can divert our time to other people with similar problems who prefer to follow our guidance

Still following your pathway- I was just browsing on the issues and wanted to know if it was the same process.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Can I simply email the letter of claim to martijn.delange@evri.com or does it need to be physically posted?

both

dx

• I agree 1

and they

• 3 weeks later...

It is now 15days since I emailed Evri. Should I follow up with CCJ proceedings as they have not been in touch since the 14days?

The only responses I received were:

Martijn De Lange <Martijn.DeLange@Evri.com>

Thank you for your email.
I am on annual leave with limited access to emails until Monday 17th April

Please note your email will be auto forwarded to the Executive Office Team and you will receive a response to your email as soon as possible. 
Kind regards
Martijn

Additionally from  evrisupport@evri.com

Update on your parcel

Thank you for contacting Evri. This email address is no longer a Customer Service contact channel so if you have a question about a parcel, please visit https://www.evri.com/help-and-support/help-centre#/ where you can use our Digital Assistant, Holly, to log an enquiry with Customer Services or she will point you in the right direction.

surely you must have read enough on this forum to know that sending a letter of claim means exactly what it says. That you will issue the claim it on day 15 if there is no satisfactory response.

Have you really sent a letter of claim and allowed the deadline to expire and yet you have not gone ahead and issued the claim?

It is not a bluffing game . Why should they take you seriously if you don't follow through with what you have promised to do?

Have you registered with the MoneyClaim website and have you drafted your particulars of claim?

Have we seen the draft?

Do you really think that EVRi are now just going to go round to your place and hands you the money in a paper bag?