International Debt Recovery/Legal UAE debt - scotland

Does anyone have experience/knowledge of if anyone has actually been back to UAE or other GCC after leaving debts?

Trying to check online and over phone to see if travel ban/Police case is still live and nothing coming up.....

Seen a few posts on other forums that people have gone back without issue after getting new passport

Any feedback/specific knowledge appreciated,

thanks

old and new threads merged

most of the so called arrested at XXXX etc are FAKES to generate money for the certain website

you shouldn't have any issues at all unless there was a UAE court claim against you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks, that's what i'm thinkning although heart will be pumping when I get off the plane! :)

Lawyer in dubai says nothing against me and also confirms very rare for bounced security cheques to be raised and escalated to police case unless massive, criminal or corporate.

Posted (edited)

Personally I would strongly suggest not risking going there with debts. Very possible you wont get back out again. And I know many in that position. Not jailed just unable to leave. the stories of Interpol in other countries sounds far fetched but in and out of Dubai is not a good idea. only two weeks ago a mate got stopped albeit a govt debt.

Edited by dubai 5 0

strange eh, haven't found a single person with direct experience of this, also spoken to a lawyer in Dubai and she confirms same, mostly a "scare" tactic.

And I've heard quite a few stories of people going back without an issue with same passport and with new.

Who knows what the truth is.

yeah 1 friend - working for aramco so that could have an influence got nicked then paid the fine for the bounced check 10k and was let out without further ado. Debt wiped I wouldn't risk it and I know several CID there who supposedly would get me out. still wouldn't risk it.

dont go near them

bunch of scammers!

ive removed ref.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wouldn't say scammers as they got my pal off the sex on the beach thing back in 2008 as they have good contacts in the media.

However with regards to debt and negotiating its a foolish move to work with them unless you are going to totally clear a debt and even then its better to go with one of the big Emirati firms.

in terms of any financial debt they are .....

we dont promote them so we wont promote their detractors websites either.

but there one very good one that proved none of the banks involved ever saw some +£100M of payment negotiated through said site.

but as with eveything that has a UAE tag attached  ..never ever believe anything ...

and they