Amazon seller – chargeback claim lost

nks22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold a Pentax camera through Amazon last October for £425.

The item was despatched and delivered, tracked by Royal Mail.

On the delivery day, before I'd withdrawn the sale money, the buyer made a claim stating (falsely) that the camera received was not the same as that advertised.

Amazon froze the sale money.

I emailed the buyer asking that he provide some evidence to support his claim, including a photo of the item received. I never received any response and after a while the purchaser withdrew the claim against Amazon and instead issued a chargeback claim with his bank or credit card company. Amazon supposedly challenged the chargeback (although I've received no documentation about it) and today emailed me to notify me of the decision.

They said:

"we informed you of the chargeback and invited you to provide information that we could use to represent this chargeback. Because we did not hear back from you, Amazon.co.uk was required to advance money to the credit card company on your behalf."

Except I certainly had provided them with everything requested. And in an email they sent last November they had said:

"We have forwarded the documents and the information you provided to the customer’s card issuer..."

So despite having acknowledged that I had provided documentation they say that they had accepted the chargeback.

Amazon has refunded the credit card company with my money yet the buyer has kept the camera.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

i think you have little option but to send a letter of claim to the buyer and raise an MCOL court claim.

have you directly contacted the buyer wanting the item back?

have you directly asked amazon why they have not requested the item back as they should have done? 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...