VCS/DCBL CCJ (ignored Claimform) for 5X windscreen privacy notices - paid for residential parking - now +£600 CCJ - that's a pub over the road!! - Xl Chatham Waters, Gillingham, Me4 4ft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote upthread that you had a very good chance of a set aside - but that's before we discovered you had actually read the claim form and had even told the other side that you had.

It's written as clear as clear can be on the claim form that you have 14 days to do something or else you will lose by default.

Sadly i don't think you have a hope in hell of set aside which is a crying shame as VCS's case was total rubbish.

Your two options, if you can really call them that, are (a) to pay the £1035 or (b) to defy the court and not pay.  At best that will mean a knackered credit file for six years.  Plus VCS are likely to enforce, and as the amount is over £600 they can employ high court bailiffs. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I thought this is the end of story but not yet :( .

today to my surprise, all of sudden the dcbl bailiffs & high court enforcement agent showed up and entered the home with a £1921 charge to pay as I was issue enforcement letter and I didn't pay it.

I didn't received any letter from them

I regularly check my mail and received letters from my energy supplier and bank but no other letter after CCJ.

Can you please suggest me what to do as £1023 was somehow ok but £1921 is insane especially I didn't received any letter after CCJ.

I doubt if they sent any letter to me?

If I have to pay in 1 month how could they do this. are they exploiting my lack of knowledge. I'm very stressed now.

what are my options now as I can't digest it now and in extreme depression.

How I can verify if they sent me enforcement letter and did royal mail delivered it to my address?

It took me hours to compose myself and write here 

it was for you to contact the claimant and pay it.

nothing you can do about the fees sadly,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But I didn't received any enforcement letter as you can see in my previous comments that I was willing to pay.

if I would have received any such letter I would pay immediately to avoid further fees.

I only received a letter from DCBL on 17 Nov then CCJ issued on 9 Jan  according to that I have time to pay till 8th Feb i.e within one month window.

I'm not sure if they have sent me enforcement letter but just wanted to empty my pockets.

sorry.

you should have received a notice of enforcement to the defendants address from the claimform

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you paid them?

dx

and they

typical for hceo's sadly.

they need to prove a notice of enforcement was sent to where they entered, giving 7 days at a fee of £75 before they can escalate further.

and they

Is this right everyone?

Judgement against the OP was on 9 January.

3 February bailiffs already turn up!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i believe so.

i think going by all the evri court claims here its usual to give 14 days payment grace, but i don't think they have too await the one cal month (i think) like you are thinking.

pretty sure though going by say Bailiff PCN threads etc, that they must send a notice of enforcement to the correct address giving 7 days to pay before they raid a premises and if the NOA is faulty/addressed they cant enforce till they have.

and they

Yes thats true 9 Jan CCJ and today bailiffs raided but. I even asked him to show me proof as I didn't received any such notice but he said they send it and it maybe Rayal mail to whom I check. whereas I was receiving my other mails. 

shouldn't it be a singed postage to make sure that enforcement letter delivered. 

no they dont have to use signed for.

you could get these fees removed if you can prove they did not send one.

dx

WWW.THESHERIFFSOFFICE.COM

Under the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013, which came into effect April 2014, a notice of enforcement must be sent to the enforcement address

and they

Response for Evidence request from DCBL:

"We write further to your request for evidence.

In due course, the Court will order that both parties file and serve all evidence they intend to rely on. We confirm you will therefore receive all relevant evidence in advance of the hearing.

Please find attached all evidence we currently have on file."

They sent me Vehicle pictures, PCN, Notices (on old address, My V5c updated in August 22). But I think its useless now as I had already paid to bailiff.

I need guidance on below please

1- How to get removed CCJ

2- How to chase that I didn't get any enforcement letter at my address and can I get that 685£ removed?

32 minutes ago, Meinmast said:

2- How to chase that I didn't get any enforcement letter at my address and can I get that 685£ removed?

@Bailiff Advice

i have asked someone to comment.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they