Brent Council Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A quick bit of advice please.

My son has a resident's parking permit and parked his car outside his flat. It was over the edge of the parking bay and he got a ticket. It was not obstructing anything.

He has appealed and the council rejected it on the grounds '..not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space. A condition of use of the parking bay is that the vehicle should be parked wholly within the marked bay'.

It goes on to talk about the bays being designed to allow access etc. There are no road markings beyond the parking bay. I noticed that, where I live there, are always yellow lines (single or double) between the gaps between parking bays (however small the gaps) I wondered if Brent doesn't have compliant road markings or whether my borough is just overmarking the roads.

My son doesn't really want to risk paying double the fine, but I said I would get some advice on here before he pays.

Thanks

AJJM

when are you going to space your posts please?

this is a forum not facebook!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Where there are SYL/DYL's between parking bays, it is usually a Controlled Parking Zone(CPZ). Sounds like your son may live in a Permit  Parking Area (PPA). The entry signs will read something like 'Permit Holders only beyond this point' PPA's do not need SYL's and you can park anywhere within the area.. But some PPA' s will have marked bays and you can only parked in the marked bays .

Where exactly is this?

• Like 1

Why don't you post a Google earth or Google maps link or position 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Chichester road is in a CPZ (Zone K) and as far as I can see has a continuous bay on both sides the whole length of the road  except at road junctions where there are DYL's

https://goo.gl/maps/jnQZnEMcuwjpKz7W7

You need to look on Brent's website for the councils pics. Enter the pcn & reg no here:

https://brent.tarantoportal.com/PCN/

Edited by Michael Browne
  • Like 1

On Google image of July 2022, there are significant spaces without markings at both ends of the continuous bay on the southern side. 

At the eastern end from the junction with Cambridge Gardens there is about 15 feet between the end of DYL from the junction and the start of the marked bay (occupied by a small red car).

At the western end from the junction with Canterbury Road there is a longer, probably 25 feet, similarly unmarked section from the end of DYL from the junction (which is not visible under road works) and the start of the marked bay (just left of the abandoned mattress).

A different view from 14 Canterbury Road shows a white car extending out of the end of the marked bay and a blue car completely outside, in the unmarked section. 

There seems no logical reason why threre should be any transverse bay markings when there are no others elsewhere in the street until you look at GSV 2012

:https://goo.gl/maps/zom54V1nrpBUJFiB9

where you can see that prior to the resent houses there was a road there, thus there were end bay markings before and after the junction of Gorefield  PLace.

I would argue that these transverse bay markings are historical and no longer have any relevance.

Thanks and sorry for delay getting more info. The location coordinates are 51.5343452, -0.1954559

just trying to convert photos that show the car was not obstructing or near any road junction

now it’s confirmed as a CPZ is it necessary to have yellow lines in the gaps? Pics attached. Daylight one from the council website other one shows that the car isn’t an obstruction 

carpics SK.pdf

sorted.

we are having some weird issues of late.

• Like 1

and they