• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton   MCOL Northampton N1 ? Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ? New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ?   If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form.   This has been uploaded in my previous messages in the bundle of documents     Name of the Claimant ? Asset Link Capital (NO5) Limited   How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to./   14/02/2020   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total Not relevant as his claim was set aside, and has now been brought to the court again by the claimant       Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please see bundle of documents in previous thread   What is the total value of the claim? £10,734.1    Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  Yes - this is one of the grounds for getting it set aside   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  Apparently 2000   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I do not recall entering into an agreement with Barclays   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  It was, but it is not anymore   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Asset Link   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No - although they have provided a copy of the assignment notice in their bundle of docs for the hearing   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I don't remember - but again a copy of a letter has been provided (see bundle on previous thread)   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No    Why did you cease payments?  2015   What was the date of your last payment? December 2015   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  I wrote to Barclaycard back in 2015 to ask them to send proof of the original agreement but they just sent me a reconstituted document which had no personal deals on relating to me   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? yes - step change took control and set up payments of £1 pm
    • I have had no such luck getting the tickets cancelled. So more help would be greatly appreciated. I have debt recovery letters now. I guess I ignore these and only respond when there is court proceedings?
    • On MCOL there are 2 times the case stay is lifted. Once between filing the defence and them submitting a DQ, and then again between them submitting the DQ and the court issuing one to the defendant.   Is that normal or is there anything I should be aware of?   Thanks as always 
    • It's difficult to advise what to do because there are so many ifs and buts. In the majority of cases where a PPC start a court claim they go all the way to the final hearing. However, in a minority of cases, and by no means a tiny minority, they have no real intention of going all the way to a final hearing. They know their case is rubbish and they know it will cost them a hefty wad to send a solicitor to court (remember solicitors' costs are capped at £50 at small claims).  They pretend they are going all the way to court to intimidate the motorist into giving in.  Yes, the pretence often includes paying the hearing fee.  Yes, UKPC often do this.  And no, they haven't produced a WS (so far). I suppose it depends on how much you have spent on flights (and accommodation?) and if this is refundable v the approx £250 at stake if you lose the case.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Which amount are Evri liable to pay back for lost parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick one,

I'm about to submit a claim for the full amount of my items value.

My dilemma is that for some reason(probably fat finger syndrome) I only stated the item was worth £100 when in fact it was worth £180. It was sold on ebay so I have proof of the items real value.

my question is

do I have grounds to pursue the real value or have to settle with the incorrect value I stated when filling out the postage details?

• Ethel Street changed the title to Which amount are Evri liable to pay back for lost parcel

@Shezza999Please give us the full story about this so that people here can give best advice.

I've edited your thread title and changed "stolen" to "lost". If you have actual evidence that it has been stolen I can change it back, otherwise best not to accuse Evri of theft (a deliberate criminal offence) when it's just been lost.

• Like 1

hit evri and get reading up.

your 1st task is a letter of claim after tell us the full story with dates and times upon each stage.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank for you quick responses.

These are the version of events and where I'm at now

20th November, sold ps4 and games on ebay for £180

21st November, took said item to my parcel shop. Paid for next day delivery and as already stated mistakenly valued the item at £100.

22nd November, went back to the parcel shop because the item was not showing the parcel had been collected from said parcel shop. Manager assured me that everything had been collected and had left the shop. Even advised me to get the police involved to come and look at their CCTV.

Since then there has been no updates on the tracking. Tracking still showing to this day that the parcel is still at the shop waiting to be collected. This is why I suspect the parcel has been stolen as there is no evidence that the parcel reached the depot.

In the mean time I was able to send a message via their Web chat explaining the situation. I received a reply from them stating that they had done an extensive search but could track down the item so classed it as lost and sent me a claim form.

This is where I'm at now.

I haven't filled in the claim for yet because I'm unsure of the value to claim for. Is it the value I put in when completing the postage details or do I pursue that actual value I received through the sale on ebay. 

Unfortunately I only paid the basic insurance for value up to £20 but i know from reading up on posts on this website that it means nothing and they are legally obliged to pay full refunds in cases like mine.

I am sorry to have used the word stolen but as the package has not scanned in anywhere then that would lead me to suggest that that is sufficient enough evidence to claim that it has been stolen, and hope that the fact that there is no evidence of the parcel reaching the depot will provide a swift conclusion to the matter and a full refund will be issued without taking the matter any further.

I apologise for my grammar and lack of punctuation but I'd be the first to admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

So in conclusion,

all I really need to ask is what amount I should pursue.

I have spent many hours reading similar situations on this site so I should be OK if further action needs to be taken. I plan on using other members L.o.c's etc as templates and just changing the parts I need to.

I hope this has made some kind of sense and look forward to your advice.

I'm afraid that you are probably going to have to settle for the declared value.

If you have done the reading on this sub- forum then you will see that this question has come up several times and I've answered it on the basis that when you contract with somebody you create an expectation. You created expectations with EVRi that they would be responsible for a parcel worth £100 and I doubt whether a court would uphold a greater value.

You can certainly try for the entire sum and see how it goes. I'm not sure what the claim fees are that it may well be that they are the same whether your claim of £100 or £180, in which case there really is nothing to lose.

Then if it goes to mediation as it probably will, EVRi can raise the issue of the value and you can then settle back for £100 and at least EVRi will think that they have gained something and saved some Face.

I suggest that you send an initial complaint to them and explained that they have had your parcel worth £180 and they have lost it and you want reimbursement.

See what they say – but don't give them too long. Maximum 10 days, I would say although don't put any deadlines in this letter.

Of course they will knock you back but it will be interesting to see if they raise the issue of the valuation. After that send a letter of claim.

Post a draft of the letter of claim here before you send it.

None of this is a bluff. You will have to issue a claim so don't start any of the process unless you fully intend to go ahead on the very day that your letter of claim deadline expires – day 15

Thanks for your reply Bankfodder.I have indeed read the posts where you have addressed the subject of which value to pursue but none have the same circumstances as my case.All the posts I've read the members items have been lost in the 'network'.Theirs had actually been scanned at some point so Evri had proof that their parcel was indeed lost through the process of delivery.I see mine as a completely different situation.Due to there being absolutely no evidence that my item ever reached the depot would heavily support that the item was stolen.Most likely by the collections person who collected it from the parcel shop.Because of these facts it got me thinking I might have a case to pursue the correct value of the item.That said,I thank you for your advice and will follow it.

Thanks for your reply Bankfodder.

I have indeed read the posts where you have addressed the subject of which value to pursue but none have the same circumstances as my case

All the posts I've read the members items have been lost in the 'network'.

Theirs had actually been scanned at some point so Evri had proof that their parcel was indeed lost through the process of delivery.

I see mine as a completely different situation.

Due to there being absolutely no evidence that my item ever reached the depot would heavily support that the item was stolen.

Most likely by the collections person who collected it from the parcel shop.

Because of these facts it got me thinking I might have a case to pursue the correct value of the item.

That said,I thank you for your advice and will follow it.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured post to make it readable

You don't seem to have noticed that my site team colleagues – who are volunteers (we all are) – have been taking the time to edit your posts in order to introduce spacing to make them more readable especially on small screen such as telephones.

There is no practical difference between your case and those to which you refer

No,I didn't realise my comments had been edited to make them more readable.

I did comment that I apologise for my lack of grammar and punctuation.My gratitude goes to whoever took the time to correct it.

I will keep you posted on how things progress.

Once again,many thanks for your advice.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured post to make it readable
  • Like 1

Grammar is not a problem. Don't worry about it.

Spacing is pretty important

Hi all,was going to start the claim with Evri but they told me to send all the details to them and they will fill it in on my behalf..Is this a wise thing to do being as a plan to take them to court if the don't cough up full amount?

Here is the part of the email telling me they will fill it in.

If you could please provide us with the following details, we’ll fill in the form on your behalf:

Parcel contents

Packaging details

Delivery address

Delivery postcode

Selling price/value

Postage cost

eBay item number (if applicable)

So that we can assess your claim, please attach a proof of value for the contents of your parcel, such as a PayPal invoice, scanned receipts, screenshot or a document that shows the payment transaction details.

Which form is it that they are proposing to fill in for you?

I suggest that you do a letter

Dear XXX

Formal complaint tracking reference number XXX

this is to confirm that you have lost a parcel which was put in your care on XXX date. The parcel contained XXX. The parcel was properly packaged in a box and properly secured.

The delivery address was XXX and the delivery postcode was XXX.

The selling price/value of the contents were XXX and the delivery cost was XXX.

The item was as a result of an eBay sale reference number XXX

I'm setting this out in a letter of complaint apart from anything else because you have the tracking reference number and all of these details were entered when I booked the delivery. It's clear that you are simply trying to waste time and eventually make some token reimbursement of £20.

I'm giving you seven days to respond with full reimbursement otherwise I'm moving to a letter of claim.

I don't intend to be mucked around.

Yours sincerely

Many thanks for that Bankfodder 

they have given me 14 days to make a claim of which 11 remain as I received the email a few days ago.

I'm concerned those 14 days will have elapsed by the time they receive and read the letter and result in me not being able to pursue the full refund.

Any thoughts on this please?

Are you telling me that you are going along with timescales that they are setting and that you are deferring to them on how this matter should be conducted?

Shameful

You had better have a serious change in your mindset if you are going to deal with this.

Haha,

I take it their timescales mean nothing then.

Thanks for that,

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to provide them with the information they have asked for and also send them the formal complaint.

Will keep you posted.

just the same as any debt collection agency, their timescales are not under any law and they like a DCA have ZERO legal powers to dictate ANY timescales.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...