Jaguar Land Rover Dealer - Changed price of car bought through PCP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ordered a Land Rover in March and had finance for PCP approved and deposit paid. Waiting since then and unfortunately the car price has now gone up. 

Their terms do state this 

The Contract price for new vehicles is based on the recommended retail price for the Vehicle, delivery charges, and accessories as at
the date of signing of the Vehicle Order Form. The Seller may amend the Contract price of new vehicles to take account of any
increase in the recommended retail price or delivery charges and any increase in taxes or duties before the delivery of the Vehicle
takes place. The Seller will notify you as soon as possible of any change in the total price as a result of such increases and if you do
not notify the Seller within 14 days of

Is there anything I can do or just suck it up and pay the higher price? 

They are probably within their rights but how much is the increase?

They are probably pretty desperate to sell vehicles and if you give them notice that you didn't want it anymore you may well be able to persuade them to share the increase with you

• Like 1

Unfortunately Land Rover isn’t desperate. Think they have around a years wait right now. 

The price went up by 4k around 2-3 months back. I just found out myself yesterday. They haven’t informed me yet though. I have been in regular communication with the dealer. 

Wanted to know what the scene is before I touch base with them. 

I was in a Jaguar Land Rover dealership late last week, and they are desperate for stock (new and used) - happy to buy my car but not sell me a new one!  The whole place looked emptier than usual except for buyers and servicing.

I think if you want out of the deal, they will be happy but if you want the car, I doubt they will budge on price

Yep. Huge waiting lists and plenty of people happy to pay the new price. 

Just disappointing for me as I really wanted the car but the higher price means I will have to look for another car. 

Do they not have to inform me about the price rise though? Or is that only upon delivery? 

Well it’s been a while. Maybe 2-3 months since the price increase and they haven’t informed me yet. I have been in touch with them 6-7 times via email to get updates on car status. 

So just too confirm that legally they don't need to inform me and can put the price up after contracts have been signed and finance approved? 

What does the finance company say?

Surely you've already signed up for a fixed HP agreement amount 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah thats another issue. I have signed up for finance which has also now gone up by 2%. I haven't touched base with the finance company yet as I wanted to get a legal view in regards to this. My finance installment will be 20% more a month which could also mean they would need to go back to basics and request my information again. 

They did confirm to me a few months back that my finance approval and APR is valid for one year (due to the wait on the car) Nothing in writing though. 

Anyone? 

Can anyone please advise? 

Edited by axil23

• 2 weeks later...

dont think there is a lot you can do here really..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw my tuppence worth out there on the basis that nobody else has any other ideas...

Their terms state they are allowed to increase the price asked for the goods, but they also state they will tell you about it, which you say they have not done. If they're in breach of their own terms you might have some wiggle room to cancel the agreement, particularly given the car isn't here.

Why not write to JLR and inform them that you've discovered the price increase, no thanks to them, and that you note their terms and conditions make clear that they will notify you of the change. They have not done that, despite 6 months having elapsed, and the new price they are asking for the vehicle means you no longer wish to proceed with the purchase.

You can only see what they say.

If need be you could tell them the revised contract price will cause you financial hardship, and the Financial Ombudsman would take a dim view of any company proceeding to enforce a contract on that basis when that contract hasn't even begun yet.

I'm not qualified to tell you what the legal position is, but if I were down to my last chips, that's what I would do.

I am sure they will be happy for me to cancel as they have huge waiting lists so will sell the car straightaway to someone else. Thats the not issue, I actually need the car and was hoping to get it without the price increase which doesn't look likely. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Jaguar Land Rover Dealer - Changed price of car bought through PCP