• Tweets

• oh well i wonder what new fake documents they have made up then...for them to try this.... just to check nothing funky like Link have filed an n244 to lift the stay and strike out her defence....she hasnt moved since last court comms has she?   is this an n24? bit unusual for a 13mts stay to just be lifted... has she not received anything from link/kearns in the last fw weeks like a docs bundle? bit like this thread... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466576-lc-assetlinkkearns-claim-form-2-mbna-cc/?do=findComment&comment=5256397  
    • if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Oh - and broadly, anyone with a clue knows you've got it wrong when you have to rely on the Telegraph and/or GB News distorted 'factlets err fact-less now dont they.

Happy New Year - and hopefully soon a new Government.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Dominic Cummings says Sunak wanted his help with winning the next election. I'm not sure that's going to play well in the polls.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Boris Johnson's ex-chief aide says the current prime minister sought to make a deal with him as the Tories face an uphill battle at the next...

Meanwhile Michelle Moan's husband is making a statement today at 9am, to set the record straight. Again. Her Twitter announcement of this has been met with derision.

Illegitimi non carborundum

“Might hit loons that break the speed limit on estate roads though ... bonus.

Just need some actual bobbies out there to get that - so not under the tories.”

In South Wales where I drive alot
road rage is off the scale with those who religiously keep to 20, constantly being tailgated by those who wish to make their deliveries on time and run their businesses efficiently 
In addition of course speed cameras and camera vans are everywhere in order to rake in as much as possible 
Wales is slowly grinding to a halt all on account of the actions of a Labour administration 

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

LOL @theoldrouge- a mere 3mph real world drop in average speed is Wales "grinding to a halt" is it?

- and wont any reduction in vehicles make that journey easier and smoother for those who have to be on the road?

and with 80% support for the drop in speed limits?

Let alone the 90%+ REDUCTION in deaths and 40%+ reduction in damage when collisions still do occur  eh?

- especially by tailgaters who wont need so much  braking room to stop from their already reduced speed. and Tailgaters tailgate at any speed dont they - as well as causing over 10% of all RTAs?

Sounds about right though - the selfish right wing whining about a 3mph real world drop in speed and maybe a couple minutes added to THEIR journey and just to save OTHERS lives and improve air quality around schools and children.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Meanwhile ...

Some Great new year news

Labour leader is preferred PM in 390 seats – even beating Sunak in his own Richmond constituency

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Labour leader is preferred PM in 390 seats – even beating Sunak in his own Richmond constituency

The Tory Legacy

7 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

LOL @theoldrouge- a mere 3mph real world drop in average speed is Wales "grinding to a halt" is it?

- and wont any reduction in vehicles make that journey easier and smoother for those who have to be on the road?

and with 80% support for the drop in speed limits?

Let alone the 90%+ REDUCTION in deaths and 40%+ reduction in damage when collisions still do occur  eh?

- especially by tailgaters who wont need so much  braking room to stop from their already reduced speed. and Tailgaters tailgate at any speed dont they - as well as causing over 10% of all RTAs?

Sounds about right though - the selfish right wing whining about a 3mph real world drop in speed and maybe a couple minutes added to THEIR journey and just to save OTHERS lives and improve air quality around schools and children.

You need to get out more and pay Wales a visit 
You will see that rather than 20 mph around schools in the south at least you will be driving through open countryside at 20 and on village and town bypass at 20 not that you will be welcome as a tourist anyway 🤣

In Drakeford’s Wales, the Welsh and the English are not to intermingle. Central to Mark Drakeford’s policy has been the pointed and showy erection of barriers between the two countries. During the Coronavirus lockdown, travel into Wales from England was restricted. This wasn’t something that could be justified on public safety grounds; Wales’s death rate from the virus was more or less identical to England’s. This was a border for its own sake. Peacetime movement is also to be discouraged. The tolls on the Severn and Prince of Wales bridges were scrapped in 2018 by the central highway authority; the Welsh government, as if by way of response, banned the construction of all new roads, including the projects to offload some of the incoming traffic from England. Two of Drakeford’s final acts have been to levy a charge on outside tourists, and a 300% tax on holiday homes – the great majority of which have English owners. Commercially, and even genetically, north and south Wales look more to the neighbouring English counties than to each other. In the 16th Century, 10-20% of surnames in Bristol, Hereford, and Shrewsbury were Welsh; and a fifth of interwar Slough’s population came from Wales. What Drakefordism means, in its profoundest sense, is an attempt to throw this great trend into reverse. It means the dis-integration of the United Kingdom as a commercial unit, at a time when, as we are told, the trend is everywhere running in the opposite direction.

DAILYSCEPTIC.ORG

In his isolationism, his dull, vague anti-Englishness and his peevish solemnity, Mark Drakeford was...

• Like 1

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I prefer North Wales.

Lincolnshire has 60mph roads that its utter madness to drive at more than 40 tops at - and only then when you are alert.

It also has speed limits that bob up and down along stretched of road

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

In Drakeford’s Wales, the Welsh and the English are not to intermingle.

Sounds more like Wales as you would like it to be.

But it is implementation that counts - and the options are there - as already linked.

. During the Coronavirus lockdown, travel into Wales from England was restricted.

Not wanting Tories (or anyone) scurrying off to holiday/second homes taking their maskless infections with them?

Didn't want Welsh castles used for testing eyesight to see if they are fit to drive?

as you say: "holiday homes – the great majority of which have English owners."

If only Johnson the corrupt incompetent liar had done something smarter with the millions of people coming in on flights from hotspots abroad eh?

It means the dis-integration of the United Kingdom as a commercial unit, at a time when, as we are told, the trend is everywhere running in the opposite direction.

You mean they wanted greater home decision making and especially didn't want Westminster corrupt con men running down Wales for their VIPals benefits?

.. and that really is rich from someone who desperately wanted to Leave our EU partners who were and are essential (as proven) for the UK nation and publics benefit - if not the right wing elites.

A more federal UK seems to be inevitable now if it wants to be anything other than 3 separate nations (seems almost certain that NI will secede and become a united (probably federal based) Ireland - with Scotland following) - as driven by Leave and the corrupt politicians and elite who drove it with lies.

The Tory Legacy

14 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Dominic Cummings says Sunak wanted his help with winning the next election. I'm not sure that's going to play well in the polls.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Boris Johnson's ex-chief aide says the current prime minister sought to make a deal with him as the Tories face an uphill battle at the next...

Would that coincide with the creation of a 'new' company to be paid millions of taxpayer pounds to promote the Conpervative Deform Party, via targeted anti-social media adverts, perhaps called Oxbridge Analitica HB?

The Tory Legacy

This looks interesting for farmers and perhaps even sheep herders - although i doubt that school budgets would stretch to lamb prices even under a labour government

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Keir Starmer’s party set out ‘new deal’ for sector – as figures show 6,000 farms have gone bust

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Oh - and lets all remember what 5 days food for a child under the Tories and their profiteering pals @ a cost of £15 - and looks like a profit for the pals of about 12 quid or more?

823.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none

and 10 days food for a child under the Tories and their profiteering pals - 30 quid cost?

food_school_meal_2_-1038x778.jpg

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

While in the westminster trough:

"Three courses served by liveried waiters for the price of a KFC family bucket"

"In The Terrace restaurant, open to more or less anyone working full-time at Westminster, cumberland sausage with mash, yorkshire pudding and onion gravy cost £2.95 the day I visited"

"For every £10 an MP spends on lunch, the public contributes £7.60."

The Tory Legacy

Tories: Highest level of Taxes & Highest Tax Increases in modern Times

"since the 2019 election when former Tory prime minister Boris Johnson won a landslide on a manifesto containing a pledge not to increase taxes, there have been 25 tax rises"

The Institute for Fiscal Studies, in the think tank’s economic assessment after Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement in November, said the NI cut “won’t be enough to prevent this from being the biggest tax-raising parliament in modern times”.

"£1,200 a year worse off"

(ordinary folk that is)

"the Office for Budget Responsibility, said that for every £10 the Tories are taking in tax because of the thresholds freeze, they are only giving £2 back."

.. err unless you have multi-million pound estates and inheritance tax or a £million+ a year income  perhaps

"There has been recent speculation that Mr Sunak could make more attention-grabbing pledges in the spring budget in March, with income tax cuts and the abolition of inheritance tax reportedly being considered ahead of a general election."

The Tory Legacy

I'd say thats what they are aiming for, but if the lockdown booze seller shortage report and a few others the Tories are trying to brush under the carpet out of sight actually come out - perhaps October

If its October, then its likely the Tories will just reward their mates in the upcoming budget with everyone else continuing to pay for it all.

i think they have realised that their Trump like disenfranchisement of many voters under who are unlikely to vote for them simply isnt close to enough - although it will of course make the Tory losses seem less.

The Tory Legacy

Mind you - they do have one arrow to their bow

- increase the 40p higher rate tax thresh hold and hope the already Tory leaning voters benefiting vote for them..

If they have any sense they will take the money and vote labour anyway - the money will go further and they'll likely get an extra chunk at the other end from labour along with everyone else.

Seems likely the tories may do that and abolish inheritance tax - which would be them p err raining on their own very small parade.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

talking about incompetence .. hey @theoldrouge

What about that massive backlog of asylum seekers/illegal migrants/whatever that your right wing poopulists rant about ..

Johnson/Truss/Patel/Bravermann et all Built up a massive backlog through utter incompetence, using cretinous 'policies' to keep kicking it into the long grass, then Sunak and Cleverly or whoever is filling that spot at the moment - have to rubber stamp huge wodges of immigrants to meet/lie about the promise of 'clearing' the backlog - which they didnt do anyway

Bet that will encourage a load more boat crossings eh?

'legacy backlog - 92,000

over 4,500 of even those still outstanding despite the rubber stamping circa 87,500 exercise - then done god knows what with

Current backlog - 98,500+

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Tory promises

No tax rises - Nope * 25

Openness, Transparency and honesty - nope * craploads * craploads on a daily basis

Balance the British books - NOPE * billions and billions

Stop the boats and Clear the aslyum backlog - Nopey Nope Nope.

Build 40 new hospitals and 150m a week extra for the NHS - Nope ^ nope ^ nope

But still:

Trash UK's financial and world standing [big tick]

Enrich their VIPals at taxpayer expense [big tick]

Wallow at the troughs of rich folk paying for policy that profits them while they should be working for us [big tick]

British kids cold, hungry and in falling down schools while they wallow in taxpayer subsidised luxury [big tick]

Waste billions on infrastructure projects but build nowt [big tick]

Allow water companies to pour excrement into UK waterways while allowing the bosses and shareholders massive payments [Massive tick]

Allow energy companies and shareholders to make massive excessive profits from ripping of the UK billpayers [enormous tick]

British roads, hospitals and schools falling apart [Huge tick]

The Tory Legacy

oh and that Debt the right wing incompetents have rung up for us ..

Yields on the benchmark 10-year government bond rose over 15 basis points to 3.695%, touching a more than two-week high, tracking moves in U.S. Treasuries as investors moved away from higher risk assets.

"Meanwhile, the FTSE 100 completed its 40th trading year. The headline index has made almost no progress since the start of the century"

- Reuters

ie - The interest payments on the taxpayers overdraft just went up

The Tory Legacy

“Right wing” laughable  comment Jugg 
being as how the last 13 years the government has been indistinguishable from new Labour 
Glad to see you are starting to panic over Reform mind seems in the red wall the lost Tory votes are going their way rather than to Labour 
Now if Reform could reach around 20%in the polls then things could start to get interesting 

Wonder if Johnson, Truss, Kwazi and the nutter whos left the nutter party will join Farage in the reform err Deform err Truth De-phorm-ation Make England Grate again party (MEGA)? (remember phorm)

Anyone noticed an uptick in social media BS propoganda yet - apart from @tor that is?

and whether anderson will throw his 30p worth in (includes 28p profit)?

or whether they will try and retake the Tory party (sure they would like to) - despite the gutless Tory majorities resistance to their populist, nation splitting, economy destroying,  elite and self-serving (oops they'll be ok with that) madness?

Gets popcorn ready ..

The Tory Legacy

“Right wing” laughable  comment Jugg 

well - even most of the poopulist tories to the 'left of you at least so I can understand how it might look from your perspective eh? Is Patel far enough right? Braverman? Truss, Anderson? left and right really meaningless in your case isnt it?

Trump and Farage fan aren't you : The definition of elites living off their fathers 'efforts and money

In Trumps case losing loads of it and simply talking in crap dogwhistles to those that respond to them, (Pavlovian V operant conditioning eh?)

in Farages case - managing to get a political income and apparently living in and off Russian 'enterprise funded apartments eh? although admittedly seeming far smarter than Trump - perhaps an improvement (or at least less risk for Farage) from his money manipulator, son of a money manipulator origins  - sort of people that Jesus turned the tables on eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

"

UK fund launches fall to 20-year low

Volatile markets and returns on cash products push investors to pull £37bn in 10 months

paywall
WWW.FT.COM

Volatile markets and returns on cash products push investors to pull £37bn in 10 months

Maybe this will work

https://www.ft.com/content/6eae906d-e293-4ee5-bfb6-298c64f5062c

or this

WWW.MSN.COM

The Tory Legacy

'Twould seem that the millionaire self-styled champion of the working man (or is that a typo and should be Woking man or even anti-woke man) chairman of the re-de-phorm leave means 150 million a week for the NHS and whatever I want it to mean Party - has said no plots with the lefty woke namby pamby Tory party and they will stand on every seat in England and shout 'if you dont vote for us you are woke leftys'

Wellingborough will perhaps be a pivotal by-election.

Perhaps fortunately for Wellingborough, unlike Tally Gotliv - we dont think Tice has access to any nukes.

So what is The Rephorm  leave means us Party policies and plan/details of how they would implement them? :

1. Destroy the woke lefty Tories

2. Destroy the woke lefty starmerites

3. Stand in and on all the seats and shout wokey lefty, save britain, Make england grate again, then shout wokey lefty some more.

4. Lower taxes but increase spending while clearing debt and NHS backlogs with no immigration via shouting wokey lefty lots of times

5.  More money and more staff for the NHS just like we promised as vote leave and leave means leave - we getting the bus back out and we'll send nhs patients to our pals in turkey and india for operations and save on agency staff payments by doing it all in the private sector here and abroad which is surely going to cost less eh?

6. We will just print loadsamoney, invest it in our pals in the money markets and pay everything from the interest. Sorted.

7. Shout you're a woke lefty and we'll save England from you in the face of everyone who asks questions or doesn't cheer us

8. Shout woke lefty some more.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy