PRA Letter of Claim - now Fast Track claimform - 2000 barclaycard debt - now n244

Hey Robin,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

In my opinion your case has more merit than mine and that's why I wanted to ask. I assume your brother now has a CCJ registered against him?

On another debt I have from years ago, before I came across this website, I just set up a tomlin order of £1 a month for eternity. The default has since dropped off my file. I'm contemplating just doing this again rather than it getting to court.

Many thanks

just a quick one.

is it that they're registered after 28 days

OR

registered immediately and if you pay within 28 days you can ask them to remove the record.

Always thought it was registered immediately based on what the bottom of the default judgement forms say.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

it varies , but typically default judgements get registered on the public register of judgements that day/week, but updates to credit files dont happen immediately but at the next round of updates to peoples CRA files which cab be weeks away.

payment time we normally say is 1 cal month (it's 5 days service+28 days) and if done the public register gets wiped of the CCJ but again Credit files take longer.

on judgements like robins one here (which was judge lottery - didnt matter what defence was IMHO you cant fight that!) you can never tell how quick it appears everywhere or disappears.

SS i would not be blindly entering a payment plan. your case is different.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CCJs and your credit rating

If you get a county court judgment (CCJ) or a high court judgment, it will stay on the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for 6 years.

Banks and loan companies use this information to decide whether to give you credit or loans.

If you pay within one month

If you pay the full amount within one month, you can get the judgment removed from the register.

Write to the court to say you’ve paid. You’ll need to send proof of payment from the person or business you owed money to.

If you pay after one month

If you pay after one month, you can get the record of the judgment marked as ‘satisfied’ in the register.

It will stay on the register for 6 years but people searching the register will see that you’ve paid.

Write to the court to say you’ve paid. You’ll need to send proof of payment from the person or business you owed money to.

seems you have to manually ask them to remove, they don't auto remove?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service