70mph in a 60 zone, Missed driving course TTC - email went to spam, now done +30mph in a 30 zone - can't opt for course?

Hi, hope you can help,

In April I received a speeding ticket for doing 70 on a motorway in a 60 restricted zone.

I paid for a TTC driving awareness course over the phone and was told they would email me a date for the course booking.

In June I received a letter from west Mercia police reminding me to pay the fine or book the course.

I emailed [email protected] explaining I had paid and waiting for a course date.

They replied: 

The reminder letter is an automatically generated letter as the status of the notice is “booking pending” so please disregard.

The next letter I received was a letter informing me I had not attended the course and I could no longer attend the course.

I made several attempts to call westmericia but the telephone sent me round in a loop, no one answered.

I emailed the office again the reply was: 

I have today spoken to the course provider TTC and they have confirmed that on the 3rd of May you telephoned and booked onto a course on the 16 June at 11.15 this course date was confirmed in that telephone call and a confirmation email was sent to you confirming these course details.

They state that 24 hours before the course time a reminder email was sent to you and then one hour before the course was due to start a text message was sent to you. 

Due to the date of the offence the option of the course is no longer available and our letter of the 11th of July confirms your options. 

If you wish to accept the fixed penalty please ensure the fine is paid and your licence sent to the payment office for endorsement by the 28 July 2022

I persisted in calling the contact number for some days and eventually got hold of someone who informed me an email explaining the date had been sent to my email address. I searched my spam and found it. But of course too late.

I have since received another speeding ticket for doing over 30 in a 30 limit. There is no option for a speed awareness course because it is on the system that I have booked the other one.

I forgot to say that the course provider hadn’t given me a date at the time of booking as she said she would email me the date. I also didn’t receive a text message. 

Please could you help? 
Many thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to 70mph in a 60 zone, Missed driving course TTC - email went to spam, now done +30mph in a 30 zone - can't opt for course?

You need to contact the course provider to see if you can sort this out. But you must understand that the offer of a course is made entirely at the discretion of the police and there is no right of appeal if you are not offered one (for whatever reason). As an side, there is no right to a fixed penalty either and the police can simply begin court action if they wish (though they usually follow their guidelines).  

please update this thread now you are back again.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what were the points and the fine

it helps others.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...