PCM 2* residential PCN's - appealed - parked at my own flat - whilst driver in the car - Great West quarter tw8

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No I believe she is an employee of PPC, but used to be here all the time.

Something changed cos I didn't see her in a while.

I'm pretty sure we are paying for the company through service charge so it is a double charge. 

I know of people getting penalty notice in their own allocated parking space. And obviously declined appeals. 

I wrote something and I'm currently rather happy with myself, as usual when I write letters that are drained in sarcasm. Could kindly advise if that would do :

snotty letter

Dear Gladstones,

Thank you for your letter. 

As you have stated in it that your client have sufficient evidence to support court proceedings I believe this should be provided to me too, as I didn't seem to receive any documentation that would classify as 'sufficient evidence' 

As per my previous appeal to both penalties included in your letter before claim. I would like to yet again inform you that: Driver of the vehicle at the time when photos were taken was operating the vehicle in question

, Therefor the vehicle in question wasn't actually parked , therefor there was no reason for parking charge notice to be issued in the first place. 

As stated in one of the letters previously received 'photos shows pedestrians standing in the street directly next to the vehicle, this indicates that vehicle was stationary...' I must say it is my rule that before i allow anyone to drive this or any other vehicles I request the confirmation that they remain stopped/not moving if there are pedestrians directly next to the vehicle. You also mentioned indicators and break lights but I believe quality and functionality of these is outside of PCM jurisdiction. 

Lastly let me just add, yet again, that I wasn't operating the vehicle and I currently don't remember the name of the person that was. Maybe a photo of the person's face would trigger my memory, or maybe not, but it is worth a try. 

I would now strongly appreciate if you stop the pursuit of this harassment , as I do not appreciate the threatening letters I've received so far. 

Kindest regards 

Me

They are not penalty charges nor a fine . Speculative invoices.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Up to you but I think your usual sarcasm would be much better.  These people are charlatans who purport to have some official role in administrating car parking: you need to show them you've sussed they're charlatans and would just be a huge pain in the backside if they took you to court.

The same people who run Gladstones solicitors also run the trade association that PCM belong to plus its appeals body - no conflict of interest there 🤣 - and they know when a PCN is rubbish and a case is hopeless.  There are total spivs.  So I would suggest something like -

snotty letter

Dear Will & John,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

cheers for your Letter Before Claim

I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

C'mon, look at the PCNs, with the photos taken by some creep hacking into the James Web Telescope which then show the car, in er, traffic, so not parking!  What do you think a judge would make of such bilge?!

Now you run the IPC so you know and I know and now you know that I know all the reasons why your clients' case is total pants.

And dear dear dear.  £140 Unicorn Food Tax.  Judges don't like these made-up sums, do they?

Your clients can either drop this foolishness now or either get a total hammering in court.  Their choice.  If the latter I will of course request an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and then spend it all on a holiday in XXX (your choice of holiday destination!) now we can all travel again while laughing at your client's expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT (UK) LTD: YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE GLADSTONED!

However, see what you think tomorrow and what the other regulars advise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes FTMDaves suggestion is far better, Gladstones will carry on with a hopeless case as  whatever the result they get paid. Being Gladstoned is an actual thing, which is why the forwarding to the fleecer as well is a good idea.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The fleecers' LBC was sent 7 October, so there's a while yet before the 30 days are up, no point in sending early.

Hiya, thank you all. It's so nice of you .  I'll probably merge the two into something.

So sorry I didn't reply earlier, I'm very grateful for this and the earlier help.  

Got a lot going on and didn't get time to sit on it yet.

I think your reply is a bit too bold for me and so was mine really. I'll need to find a bit softer ground, just to feel comfortable with it.

DX, sorry, I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

Kasia the point is that the reply is meant to be bold. We want them to know that you are not going to be afraid to go to Court and pay up early as so many people do when confronted with legal action. In fact if you look at our successes on the first page of the Private Parking  section you will see that we have beaten PCM eight times in the last month and our snotty letters gives them advance warning that it will not be a walk over for them.

As a result the often decide not to turn up on the day or even cancel before spending [ie wasting their money] on cases against us. Should you water down the letter it may well give them hope that you are not that committed to go to Court and may well collapse and pay up if they send you a strong response.

A Snotty letter is just that, and it has to be provocative as LFI indicatesit leaves the solicitors who are puruing the claim for the fleecer, that yopu have sussed their shenanigans so back off, and it is always copied to the fleecer themselves.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again.

So time to actually write and send it . to days prior deadline . So just a quick follow up question: what format should it go in? email post or their website. I'm a fun of email but just making sure. I looked through other posts and seems that website is a no go, that's what they are asking me to do. and I can CC PCM unless it is an email.

Also what do i expect once it is sent? I guess if they keep trying what should I be on the look out for? 

You should never use e-mail.  This is emphasised time & time again in thread after thread.  If the matter gets to court and they have your e-mail they will use it to file court documents full of lies at one minute to the deadline and you'll have no opportunity to counter.

Invest in two 2nd class stamps and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

hmm... 

I never thought about email being used against me , but fair enough. off to post I go. will need to google the location

I'll be in touch if they reply.

Thx

Also ... why Will and John?

Will Hurley and John Davies - the spivs who run Gladstones.

Its always best to refer to them as Will & John in a disparaging way  in a snotty letter, it emphasises the fact you are aware of their game and shenanigans.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to PCM 2* residential PCN's - appealed - parked at my own flat - whilst driver in the car - Great West quarter tw8