Warm home discount

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our previous supplier Bristol Energy went into administration and was taken over by BGAS on 4th Feb.  Neither one of them have applied the Warm Home discount.  Bristol Energy are not answering emails etc.  According to the last statement supplied by them on 10th March 2022 the discount had not been applied.  According to them I was £71.72 in debit to them which I have since paid.  I am not sure where to go now to resolve this issue as £150 is a lot of money to us.

Can only suggest that you write to British Gas complaints address with the information on your accounts.

Appears to be a mess with customers unable to contact Bristol energy by any method and British Gas cannot handle the number of phone enquires they are receiving.

Unless you are on  cheaper fixed rate deal which British Gas honoured.   Perhaps you should switch your energy supply to a different company and ensure they apply the warm homes discount to your account.    And then deal with British Gas regarding previous entitlement to warm home discount as a separate issue.

Is it worth contacting Age UK to see if they have any suggestions about this ?  Would they have access to a Britiss Gas team that can assist you ?

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/debt-savings/energy/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You can only deal with BGAS by writing to them or the chat system.  I joined the chat system at 67 in queue, but did not take long to be connected to a representative.  It seems that it was an oversight due to the transfer and they have now applied it and should reflect on my account within the next 7 - 10 days.

I dislike BGAS with an intensity from previous experiences, but I am really impressed by the way they handled my complaint.  Unfortunately not much point entering into fixed contracts or even changing suppliers at this point if you are lucky enough to find a supplier that will take you on.

• Like 1

Glad you resolved.

Hopefully your post willl help others resolve using the British Gas online chat facility.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread