EVRi (evri) Stolen sold MacBook court claim issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sold my MacBook Pro via Shpock recently and sent it with Shpock via Parcel2Go.

The parcel arrived today and the buyer received the box I sent the MacBook in with no laptop, just the brown external box and some protective cardboard inside.

The buyer has told me when the parcel arrived at her doorstep she noticed there was brown tape on the top of the box, despite me having used clear tape to seal the box, which leads me to believe Hermes has taken the item and resealed the box. 

Both me and the buyer are trying to get in touch with Hermes but are having trouble doing so as they only use robots which make it a struggle to speak to a human. 

I have got pictures of how the box look when I initially packaged it up, as well as my booking number etc. The buyer has also retained the packaging that she was sent and provided me with photos of how it arrived. Furthermore I have an image of the box at her doorstep with the brown tape evidently on the box.

It's quite a big hit so I'd appreciate any advice on what to do next?

Thank you!

Package Before Sending.pdf Package when recieved.pdf

Please start off by reading up on the Hermes stories on the sub- forum and that will tell you what will happen and how we will direct you.

What was the declared value of the laptop? Was it correctly identified as a laptop?

Okay, start making a complaint to Hermes. Wait for about 10 days or so to see whether they knock you back or they simply ignore you.

After that you can send them a letter of claim and we will help you with that.

In the meantime keep on reading around the Hermes stories – and also start reading up on the steps involve taking a small claim. It's very easy but it is worth knowing what you are doing in advance

Yes it's a waiting game – but if they don't reply after about 10 days then we begin with the letter of claim.

Sometimes they are quite good at responding and knocking you back quite quickly in which case we will send the letter of claim earlier.

loc time

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope and nope

there are 100's of hermes threads here 

go read them.

everything is in most of them. 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Draft a letter of claim and post it up here. Keep it short and simple. Don't tell your life story.

Will have a look at it and tell you if we think it needs modifying.

so you've not read other hermes or parcel2go threads and found who coughs easiest?

and they

I've been having a look around, there's not many recent posts about parcel2go but they do seem to cough up some amount of money, but not necessarily the full amount, Hermes seem as if they like to elongate the process but do pay out in full eventually? Im just not 100% who would be the best to pursue so would appreciate any input.

use our enhanced google search box 

parcel2go claimform.

they cough nicely sometimes even before court but normally once at court.

but post up your LOC 1st

dx

and they

Ahh right thank you, I'm just having a read now, entering "P2G" gets some more recent results. 

One thing I've noticed is that parcel2go often chuck out the line about not choosing extra insurance, maybe that won't happen with hermes?

Yes, it is exactly what will happen with Hermes and I'm afraid that your comment shows that you really haven't done your reading.

Please start doing some serious reading of the stories on this sub- forum involving Hermes. You will find that this point comes up again and again and very soon you won't need to ask these kinds of questions.

This forum is about self empowerment and you have to put in your own work to understand the situation. We will support your course. However, the more you understand the more confidence you will be when the claim gets going

immaterial, why should extra ins be even needed?

it's not like the parcel has a big flashing light on it saying treat me special.

delivery drivers couldn't careless

and its only a moneymaking gimmick by these firms just like PPI was.

dx

and they

thank you for both of your inputs, as suggested I've had a closer read of the articles and have decided to pursue parcel2go as they are there ones who I have the contract with.

I've raised another official claim with parcel2go, would you suggest waiting for there response now or going ahead with drafting and sending the LOC now?

Yes I think you have to send them a formal complaint. I don't think one can simply launch in with a letter of claim – as much as I prefer that aggressive approach myself.

Don't forget that you have perfectly good rights to attack Hermes under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act – but it's up to you

Okay that might take some time.

I believe there is a case on this site where an individual sent a LOC to both Hermes and the agent. So what i'll do is send a LOC to Hermes regardless and see if that causes them to cough up anything at all, and if they don't, continue with parcel2go and once the issue is resolved let the other party know the case is over?

Good Afternoon,

Parcel2Go have now come back with their official offer of £20 + shipping reimbursement, which of course is not acceptable. From what I've understood I've now got to reject the offer and send off my LOC. Would it be okay for you guys to have a quick look at it before I send it off?  One other thing I have been considering is using a service like Lovetts to send the Letter before action as this maybe more successful, what are your opinions on that process?

Thank you!

Edited by IMPOS5IBLE

Don't waste any money on some legal service.

It will make absolutely no difference and simply leave you even more out-of-pocket.

Post your letter of claim here and we will have a look.

Here is what I have drafted for the LOC,

21st November 2021

Letter of claim

Parcel reference number – xxxxxxxx– enquiry number X X X

Dear Sir/Madam,

I posted a parcel (MacBook Pro 13) on 07/11/21 using your services, opting for Hermes. My parcel has arrived with its contents missing, and the box resealed. This suggests very strongly that my laptop has been stolen while in your care.

I reported this, under the enquiry number xxxxxx, on 15/11/21. You responded on 20/11/21 with an unsatisfactory offer. 

My position is that I have paid for the delivery fee, and it is not for me to insure against the negligence of your courier or criminality of your employees.

I am requesting a full reimbursement of the item price with a declared value of £250 and the £5.28 cost of carriage (Total 255.28).

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days of this email, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxx

Edited by BankFodder
Edits in red