• Tweets

• Sorry, I may have forgot to get back on this. Please monitor for a reply tomorrow
    • Yes, now its just about getting the WS / Court bundle finalised to send to the court / Evri. I've attached the most recent version of the WS / Court bundle to save having to scroll back up to the previous post (#204) where it was also shared. If you, @BankFodder or anyone else has any feedback on this, i'd be grateful for your thoughts. In my previous post #204, i'd also attached an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at Her mes - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender [origin] and the recipient [destination] - I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice.  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (the sender / recipient) is involved in this transaction. I have also attached this redacted invoice in this post to save having to scroll back up. Happy to get any thoughts and if this invoice is no good, then please let me know.   Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
    • Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PRA Group claim form - Barclaycard credit card

Boro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Boro said:

Thanks Andy, I have typed up a letter to the court, should I include a copy of the letter to the court with the letter I send the claimant?

So am I ...what letter are you sending to the claimant and what letter are you sending to the court?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

eh? you send the SAME LETTER to the claimant and the court.

as andyorch says.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't sent anything yet, I was basing my letter on this https://www.sparqa.com/content/late-payments-and-disputes/document/letter-of-nonattendance-for-small-claims-hearing/overview

that is worded and addressed to the court

I was going to edit the wording in the copy sent to the claimant and attach a copy of the one sent to the court

send not sent my typo...

you send the same letter to each. (with obv address changes only!)

the one to the claimant is simply informing them,  this letter has been CC'd to the court too.

and they

• 1 month later...

My witness statement and documents reached the court and the claimant prior to the deadline

My notice of non attendance of the hearing reached the court and the claimant prior to the deadline

The hearing would have been a month ago now, I have now finally heard from the court which states:

It is adjudged that upon hearing counsel for the claimant it is ordered that judgement for the claimant in the sum of £5,499, the defendant shall also pay the claimants costs in the sum of £901, including court fees of £801.

The said sum, amounting in total to £6,400 are payable within 14 days

I'm really surprised to be honest since the claimant failed to produce a copy of the credit agreement, from the wording I wonder whether they even took account of my witness statement or documents.

Do I have grounds for having the judgement set aside?

• Sad 1

Its usually the out come I'm afraid when your not in attendance...you cant raise the points of your defence /statement....that said the outcome may have been the same even if you had.

You don't have grounds to set a side just because you are not happy with the outcome. With regards to payment you need to submit an N245 and offer an affordable monthly payment...even if its a little as £20.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well the judge didn't think so hence they got judgment...you cant set a side a judgment given by District Judge...you can appeal if there are grounds on a legal point or that a procedure was not followed correctly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It's irrelevant what I think once a judge has determined, the question is do you wish to challenge a judge on his decision and further are you aware of the risks and cost and costs liability should it fail ? 

Thanks Andy, I was just trying to get an idea of my chances

Yes I do want to appeal, I presume when you say about the risks, cost and costs liability you are referring to the court fees to appeal which due to my circumstances should be waived? and that should I fail the claimants additional costs would be added, am I missing anything?

I have been doing some reading and I think I am right in saying that in order to appeal I need to submit an N164 to request permission to appeal and if permission is granted then submit an N164 & N460

The judgement was made by a deputy district judge, does that mean that the request for permission to appeal needs to be sent to a district judge in the county court or a higher court?

I presume when you say about the risks, cost and costs liability you are referring to the court fees to appeal which due to my circumstances should be waived? and that should I fail the claimants' additional costs would be added, am I missing anything?

Court fees and the Claimants Costs in defending the appeal should you lose. You won't be exempt from their defence costs whatever your circumstances. 

I have been doing some reading and I think I am right in saying that in order to appeal I need to submit an N164 to request permission to appeal and if permission is granted then submit an N164 & N460 Correct

The judgement was made by a deputy district judge, does that mean that the request for permission to appeal needs to be sent to a district judge in the county court or a higher court?  District Judge

I have been trying to find the guidance notes for form N164 but have been unable to find any, does anyone have a link to them or better yet a layman's guide to the appeals process

Reading through the N164 form to request permission to appeal I have the following questions

1. It asks “on what date was the order(s) you are appealing made, is this the date of the hearing or the date of the N24 the court sent me notifying me of the judgement

2. In section 4 there is a number of tick boxed, I presume I tick yes to “Are you asking for a stay of execution of any judgement against you? (if granted this means that no further action will be taken on the judgement until your appeal has been dealt with) then complete section 7 A

3. In section 4 it also asks will you be lodging the appellant's notice with the court within 21 days of the date on which the judge made his decision? is this the date of the hearing or the date of the N24 the court sent me notifying me of the judgement as the hearing was over 21 days ago in which case do I tick no and complete section 7 B

4. Section 5 grounds for appeal, please state in numbered paragraphs, why you say that the judge who made the order you are appealing against was wrong

5. Section 6 What are you asking the court to do? Do I rick the box which says that I am asking the appeal court to set aside the order which I am appealing?

6. Section 7A, I apply for a stay of execution because:, what should I put here?

7. Section 7B Do I tick “I apply for an extension of time for filing my appeal notice because (set out the reasons for the delay. You must also set out in Section 8 what steps you have taken since the district judge's decision

8. Section 8 Evidence in support, In support of my application s in section 7, I with to rely upon the following evidence: what should I include here?