• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Letter received from Connex

CuriousD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have seen a few posts on this site from a few people that have received letters from a company called Connex over the last few days. I too have received one.

It’s been addressed to me but with part of my maiden name that I haven’t used in approximately 13 years.

It’s asking me to contact them as they’re trying to get some information about someone, or so it says. It screams Debt Collectors but usually you can find information on the internet about them.

I can’t really find anything on Connex.

Anyone have any ideas or know of them?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes i think you are about no 4 or 5 here.

i was going to go scour things like linked in but haven't yet

i believe there is a website too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Information is very limited but there is indeed a website, connexme.co.uk. And as is known, Google comes back with zero results right now on both the company and website which is unheard of.  The company isn't even registered as a company with companies house, the only search results are those of the threads on this site.

Both the letters & website disclose nothing except that they appear to be based in Surrey as that's where the postal address is.  And the ICO ref which is: ZB134627.  The ICO ref connects to a person called "Mr Joseph Peter Allen".  Now that does connect with companies house to a registered company called "Allen Process Sollutions" which is listed as a management consultancy company. Also connected to that person is a "Natalie Alice Allen"  Now that may be coincidence, except that company is also based is Surrey to what appears to be a residential address (worth well over £1 million it seems).  So a decent possibility that is a connection to 2 people as unlikely there are 2 people called Joseph Peter Allen with business interests based in Surrey.

Edited by Andy111

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

ALLEN PROCESS SOLUTIONS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Uncertain what they want, but gut feeling is debt related as all to similar to such letters.  

Wander if we a talking a single "client" or multiple?.  The fact that a number of different people have received these letters maybe means there has to be a connection of sorts, either in the client or the reason for contact.  

Cant be dca not registeredeven if their client is no dca has any legal powers on any debt no matter what its type and a dcà is not a BAILIFF

have ever run any business? 

Dx

and they

worthy of note in their policy/contract/t&c's

8. I also agree that Connex or their staff members are not liable for any losses,
in any case whatsoever, which may occur due to my location request, such
as any loss of inheritance.

and they

But IF, and that's a very big IF they are not doing this on behalf of a debt chasing client, either with intention of going to court or simply trying their arm for payment under threat then it doesn't make much sense that they are not forthcoming with some information other than referring to an un named client looking for someone with connections to a previous address?.  You'd think they would be took more seriously and get a better response by being more open on the nature of things.

For their letters to come across very much like debt collectors letters would naturally make people very suspicious to simply ignore and not respond.

They cannot got court

They cannot make any threats.

Going by his history im gonna go with he has just signed a new large trace contract with  a large portfolio from one of the heir Hunter firms on wills/inheritance etc that do the rounds..we've seen this before here

I revise my earlier musing...it is not a debt letter and nothing to do with debt.

and they

Yes, that sounds exactly what it is.  I had never heard of this before but basically you can download from gov.com, a list of Unclaimed Estates.  Then these hunters attempt to find the closest relative to that inheritance and then they take a % of the inheritance for piecing it all together.  I downloaded the list and lo and behold, my maiden name appears on there!

Case closed then!!

• Like 1

Yea they are just casing tails. You can ofcourse do it all yourself for free!!

and they

In my case they are asking for the person named in the letter in relation to connection with a previous address which the letter doesn't fully state.  In this thread owners case they are asking for the person via their maiden name about information on someone else.

So kind of different lines of enquiry in a way but does appear it could all be historic matters.

I would also add that not knowing exactly how this thread owners letter is worded, mine states "we have been asked to locate".  So it would be interesting to know if this thread owners letter states the same?.  And in an email I have states "we have been asked by a client". 

Though this client is not stated Connex looks to be asking not as the source of the enquiry but on behalf of an unnamed client.  So would some form of heir hunters not simply do all this themselves than outsource some of the work at cost to other companies reducing any possible percentage as a result?.

Having received a letter myself and have idea why. I’ve recently paid off my ccj’s leaving my with no debts on my file. No recent deaths that I’m aware in my family.

I’ve read some Message’s looking at “Joesph Peter Allen” would seem that the link is with the wife “Natalie Alice Allen” other name “Natalie Alice Bunyer” same DOB for both and live in the same area.

“Natalie Bunyer” worked with family at “Global Debt Recovery” and have had many other company names and affiliates which some have been tracing companies. Too much of a coincidence really. Until any other different letters come then this will be ignored.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

@Andy111 Mine said something along the lines of they are trying to find out some information about someone I may know. 

I'm pretty sure they're heir hunters.  When I found the list of estates on the gov.com website, my maiden names was there...  

1 hour ago, Silvershadow_77 said:

Natalie Bunyer” worked with family at “Global Debt Recovery” and have had many other company names and affiliates which some have been tracing companies. Too much of a coincidence really. Until any other different letters come then this will be ignored.

ho hoho

globaldebt recovery, well done, they were always the ones to pull unusual stunts.

they started the old yellow parcel awaiting delivery scam many years ago, and search squad scam...this descriptions fits their MO...he always was a slimy one, 

and they

Yes, I can also confirm them as debt collectors.  Clearly operating under a satellite company that's neither registered or directly connected to any debt collection company until now.

Their stupid mistake is that the trail from Peter Joseph Allen that I posted the weekend that linked to another company that also links to I assume his wife in a maiden name to appears to directly register the other company  Allen Process Solutions to their residential address, a home worth well over £1 million.  Oh dear, imagine people searching the registered address for that company and people that now appear to be trying to chase people for likely non existent or enforceable debts!.

• 2 months later...

I can wholeheartedly confirm that 'Connex Me' is a subsidiary in contract to many DEBT COLLECTION agencies.

DO NOT REPLY TO THEM at all.

What their business plan is :

They contact larger debt agenises and offer their services to collect 'debts that they have been unable to collect '

The fact some of these alleged debts will be over 13 years old  and lawfully 'STATUE BARRED' for collection does not phase them, as the mentality is ; if the debtor receives the warning letter they will pay up finally.

'Connex' or 'Connex me' is not a registered company, and is not affiliated to the Financial Conduct Authority.

It has no legal powers!

How they make their grubby funds is by passing on your 'confessed' new address, email ,phone number OR new married name: to the chasing debt collection agency that presumably on final collection from you will pay 'Connex' or 'Connex me' a pre agreed commission.

All you then get are many emails , letters and dribble threatening you with court action.

Why you may ask, 'If they know my address why do the original debt company not contact me?'

Ask yourself:

If I was a debt collection agency having spent many staff hours trying to collect a debt we bought from (say) B&Q for a percentage pittance and failed to find the debtor (way back when) its a debt they file away.

UNTILL, smarty pants 'Connex or Connex Me', phone them up and say;

'hey Black Horse Finance (allegedly) got any debts you can't collect , you do how much? They reply Mr Terra-Firma owes us £1,000 from 200 years ago. If you can find him or her and collect the money we will pay you 10% ie £100.

Connex then do a track and trace on electoral role, wedding certification, name printed in local papers, facebook etc and get you to own up 

by 'subliminal' contact vaguely suggesting you have come into money or long lost relative/friend wants to contact you.

WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE LINING THEIR OWN POCKETS by attacking the subconscious of the target..YOU!

I can wholeheartedly confirm that 'Connex Me' is a subsidiary in contract to many DEBT COLLECTION agencies.

DO NOT REPLY TO THEM at all.

What their business plan is :

Connex; contact larger debt agenises and offer their services to collect 'debts that they have been unable to collect '

The fact some of these alleged debts will be over 13 years old  and lawfully 'STATUE BARRED' for collection does not phase them, as the mentality is ; if the debtor receives the warning letter they will pay up finally.

'Connex' or 'Connex me' is not a registered company, and is not affiliated to the Financial Conduct Authority.

It has no legal powers!

How they make their grubby funds is by passing on your 'confessed' new address, email ,phone number OR new married name: to the chasing debt collection agency that presumably on final collection from you will pay 'Connex' or 'Connex me' a pre agreed commission.

All you then get are many emails , letters and dribble threatening you with court action.

Why you may ask, 'If they know my address why do the original debt company not contact me?'

Ask yourself:

If you were a debt collection agency having spent many staff hours trying to collect a debt we bought from (say) B&Q for a percentage pittance and failed to find the debtor (way back when) its a debt they file away.

UNTILL, smarty pants 'Connex or Connex Me', phone them up and say;

'hey Black Horse Finance (allegedly) got any debts you can't collect , you do, how much? They reply Mr Terra-Firma owes us £1,000 from 200 years ago. If you can find him or her and collect the money we will may you 10% ie £100.

Connex then do a track and trace on electoral role, wedding certification, name printed in local papers, facebook etc and get you to own up 

by 'subliminal' contact vaguely suggesting you have come into money or some long lost relative/friend wants to contact you.

WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE LINING THEIR OWN POCKETS by attacking the subconscious of the target..YOU!

Ignore the letter, its the best advise you will ever receive.

All the best, Lud Milton.

Edited by Lud Milton
spelling mistake