Backdoor CCJ Arrows/Drydens - old MBNA card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone 

Sorry if this is in wrong place.

I have just checked my credit report today and seen a ccj issued against me from Drydens Fairfax.

I have spoke to the court and its for an MBNA credit card. However on my credit file the address is one I lived at for 6 months and not where I lived when I got the credit card.

I lost my mum and my job  and got into debt 8 years ago. I have been trying to get straight ever since which has been going well.

I have never received any letters regarding this debt for years and nothing has been sent to the address where I lived when I got the credit card which is my dads address. 

I am now besides myself with worry.

I have a new live with my partner, I have been paying off what I owe and now I have found out about this.

Q1  How could I  respond when they used an address I was only in for 6 months and not where I lived when I took out the credit card?

Why didn't they use the address I lived at when I took out the card

What do I do now I am so worried theyll send bailiffs to my dads house

Marke32

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ Arrows/Drydens - old MBNA card debt

Would only ever be court bailiffs .

And there is little they can do, rhere is no right of forced entry on civil debt ccjs.

Go ring nortants bulk and ask for a copy of the judgement ccj AND the claimform by email pdf. If they don't have the claimform ask they sent the particular s of claim exactly as written.

A claimant is entitled to serve to an old address if you fail to update your debt owners should you move.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope not legally obliged too.... which is why it's SOOO important NEVER to run from debt...and to always update your debt owners on a change of address if you have any that were last used/paid within 7yrs say.

so did you do as post 3?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why didn't they use the address I lived at when I took out the card

They should have.....unless you informed them of the new address which you only resided for 6 months ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/07/2021 at 23:04, Andyorch said:

They should have.....unless you informed them of the new address which you only resided for 6 months ?

Andy

No I didn't inform them because it was only temporary and my registered address was my dads just 4 houses up the street. They send every letter there except the ccj court letters. Anyway I am nearly completed on applying for a dro just have to pay on Monday so it won't be an issue then.

Thanks to everyone who posted much appreciated

Marke32